DVDVR Message Board

Who are the lamest actors?

Swift

Kristen Stewart has never not looked bored out of her mind in anything I've seen her in.

"I'm a vampire!"

"Meh, whatever."

"You will lead the rebellion against the Evil Queen!"

"I guess...I mean, if I have to."

• Like 2

Man, this thread has degenerated into 'Actors I Don't Like', rather quickly hasn't it?

I mean blandest?

Adam Scott is incredible in 'Step Brothers' as the uber-douche.  I also liked his turn as the dude next door in 'Our Idiot Brother'.  He's got a certain charisma.

To all the guys saying Chris Pine, you must not have seen 'Celeste and Jesse Forever' where he completely dominates your attention in a very minor, very odd little cameo role.

tumblr_mh3nznHKqY1qlc8fao1_1280.jpg

Channing Tatum has turned into a pretty solid actor, actually.  I mean, he's actively good in 'Magic Mike' and '21 Jump Street'.

Cameron Diaz, before she started looking like the Joker's skeleton, had a particular oddball charisma.  'There's Something About Mary' wouldn't be as good if you didn't have someone as charmingly goofballish in Mary's role as Diaz.

Rob Schneider is perfectly okay in small doses. I like him in 'Demolition Man' as well as 'Seinfeld'.  Some of his Sandler work is good, too.  He's pretty funny as the delivery man in 'Big Daddy'.

Justin Timberlake is fine.  His performance in 'Inside Lewyn Davis' as the nice-guy trying to strike it rich and refusing to be brought down by Davis' sarcasm was note-perfect.

Kirsten Stewart would be a good choice, but she was great as Joan Jett in 'The Runaways' and it's not a portrayal everyone could have pulled off.

I can't conceivably put Keanu Reeves on a list when he's got Ted 'Theodore' Logan on his resume.

Ashton Kutcher's run as Kelso on 'That Seventies Show', a show I don't even particularly like, probably disqualifies him from this list.

The best choices I've seen in this thread are Topher Grace, Minka Kelly, and Jessica Alba.  The latter two could be replaced by mannequins/cardboard cut-outs/swimsuit models and there wouldn't be a noticeable decline in quality.  Grace is rather unremarkable, whether it be as cypher on his TV show, or romantic lead.

The answer to this question, though, is probably Jayden Smith.  He showed a bit of charisma in 'Karate Kid' but not anymore really than just about any kid thrown into the role would have generated.  I read a review of 'After Earth' recently that basically asked the question "Does Jayden Smith even want to be a movie star? Or is he just doing this for his dad? Because he doesn't look like someone who's even interested".

James Marsden is another guy that comes to mind, BoxOfficeMojo has him #74 for box-office grossing, but I can't honeslty tell you anything about him except "He was that whiny annoying Cyclops, right?"

Liv Tyler might be another answer.  Tall, pretty, daughter of a famous rock star who rose to prominence in music videos.  Even when she had a chance to shine, like being the lead in a Bernardo Freakin' Bertolucci film, she pretty much disappears into the ether.

James Marsden is pretty much always going to be "The boring guy dating the heroine before she dumps him for her soulmate" actor to me.

He was John Wilkes Booth in Zoolander, so he's got that going for him. He also voiced a lion having sex with a bee in an episode of Robot Chicken.

The answer to this question, though, is probably Jayden Smith.  He showed a bit of charisma in 'Karate Kid' but not anymore really than just about any kid thrown into the role would have generated.  I read a review of 'After Earth' recently that basically asked the question "Does Jayden Smith even want to be a movie star? Or is he just doing this for his dad? Because he doesn't look like someone who's even interested".

Maybe he was trying to be like his dear old dad, because Will Smith looked every bit as bored as Jayden in that movie.

Channing Taum is good in dramas and comedies, but a complete cypher in action movies.  It's actually kinda interesting

Channing Tatum and the girl in White House Down have to be one of the most unrealistic father-daughter tandems in cinematic history. 

But yeah, I don't think Jupiter Ascending is going to change that trend at all. That's probably why he wants to produce stuff like Magic Mike.

Channing Taum is good in dramas and comedies, but a complete cypher in action movies.  It's actually kinda interesting

One of the most amusing things about GI Joe: Retaliation was that Tatum showed more charisma palling around with Dwayne Johnson's character in two scenes then he did in the entirety of the first film.

• Like 1

Chris Pine was one of the Tremor Brothers in Smoking Aces so he gets a pass for being a part of the most awesome element in an otherwise shitty movie.

James Marsden is one of the bravest mother fuckers in Hollywood.

I am going to go with Michael Rappaport.  Even when he is trying to be edgy, he is still vanilla.

I hate this because every thread has to turn into the same bullshit "he had a good match with Steamboat in '94" argument. If someone is around long enough they are going to have a decent match at some point.

Just because someone was ok or even decent in one role doesn't mean they aren't shitty actors and actresses and suck the life out of 90% of the films they are in. Cameron Diaz is fucking awful.

"Deal with it."

Hayden Christensen.

Winner. Fuck all of the arguments for Life as a House and that one other movie about a newspaper, or whatever the fuck it was. Hayden is beyond lame.

And Harrison Ford, or rather, his more recent work, may belong in this conversation, but I think that's more "Actors who give no fucks."