DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 16

Dolfan in NYC

While I can't hate Pitbull for, lack of a better term, gaming the system, I can't help but find Pitbull doing the "theme song" for ESPN/ABC's coverage of the NBA Playoffs a sure fire sign of them being out of touch. Made that much worse by the fact that basketball is probably has to most hip/current/trend conscious fan base out there. 

• Like 1

While I can't hate Pitbull for, lack of a better term, gaming the system, I can't help but find Pitbull doing the "theme song" for ESPN/ABC's coverage of the NBA Playoffs a sure fire sign of them being out of touch. Made that much worse by the fact that basketball is probably has to most hip/current/trend conscious fan base out there. 

He's safe for the white audience.

Silver was one of Stern's legal consults, so it's not as if he doesn't know every punctuation mark in the charter.

But only a few months on the job, he lacks the power Stern had at his peak. Plus it looks like the tape was acquired through extra-legal means. . . 

I still can't believe Charlie M's favorite player,  Hedo Turkogul, is getting meaningful NBA playoff minutes.

At least Jermaine O'Neal is 6'10 and he still has his moments every now and again, especially on defense.

I still can't believe Charlie M's favorite player,  Hedo Turkogul, is getting meaningful NBA playoff minutes.

At least Jermaine O'Neal is 6'10 and he still has his moments every now and again, especially on defense.

Orlando spent $28 million this year on Hedo and Arenas. 

If the Nets win this game it will be a miracle. Toronto is killing them with the pick and roll, Nets D is nonexistent. Atmosphere here is better than regular season but nothing special.