DVDVR Message Board

I see seven teams in the west that should be thinking "guaranteed playoffs" which, of course, means probably six of them make it. But still. On paper it looks like there's a whole bunch of teams fighting over one spot.

If I had to guess....

Chicago/St. Louis/San Jose/LA/Anaheim/Minnesota/Colorado?

Yeah, but I think they want to take a step back and bring in some of their young guys. Be interested to see what either/both Marleau and Jumbo Joe get in trades after the recent big centre trades the past week.

So, worst contract so far? Engelland, Bolland, Orpik are certainly up there.

Orpik might be worse then Clarkson. He's been awful for 2 years. 1 year for 5.5 would be too much. 5 for 5.5? No words.

Make mine a Moulson! We basically loaned him out for a few months and got a #1 for doing so. Was cynical at first but Tim Murray is proving to be a great hire.

The Panthers signing 37 year old Willie Mitchell for 2 years/8.5M after buying out 38 year old Jovo seems....questionable. Spectacularly disappointing day for Florida. At the end of the day Dale Tallon is a cuddlier version of Mike Keenan who is clinging to his "guys" to the detriment of the franchise. Buffalo is a more legitimate free agent destination and team than the Florida Panthers are right now. Fucking Buffalo.

The Panthers signing 37 year old Willie Mitchell for 2 years/8.5M after buying out 38 year old Jovo seems....questionable. Spectacularly disappointing day for Florida. At the end of the day Dale Tallon is a cuddlier version of Mike Keenan who is clinging to his "guys" to the detriment of the franchise. Buffalo is a more legitimate free agent destination and team than the Florida Panthers are right now. Fucking Buffalo.

Willie still has something to give and is great in his own end. Jovonovski has been done for years. Although on the surface I see where you're coming from, but the levels of Mitchell and Jovo are miles apart.

Edit; Brian Boyle to Tampa for 3 years at $2.3 million per. Really like it.

Washington will be paying over 10 mill a season for two Pittsburg defensemen for 5 years. Nothing about that is a good idea.

It is when you like to laugh at the Caps and the team you root for is in the same division

• Like 1