DVDVR Message Board

All the other Fallout stuff

I have done a really good job of not reading spoilers/watching the online trailers, I literally know nothing about the game except for whatever can be figured out from the TV commercials. So my goal is to not get on twitter or go to any gaming sites/forums until I beat it so everything will be a surprise. Luckily I am off on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays so I should get a lot of it done pretty quick.

• Like 1

I have done a really good job of not reading spoilers/watching the online trailers, I literally know nothing about the game except for whatever can be figured out from the TV commercials. So my goal is to not get on twitter or go to any gaming sites/forums until I beat it so everything will be a surprise. Luckily I am off on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays so I should get a lot of it done pretty quick.

The trailers really reveal nothing about the game, which I wish more companies would do.  Too many game/movie trailers want to tell the entire story before we actually get to experience it.  I've taken Fallout Day, yes it is a holiday in my world, off of work so I can spend the entire day with it.  I am going to love the shit out of this game. 

Two days in a row with Fallout is going to be awesome. I've never looked forward to November so much in my life. My eyes are going to be completely red by the end of the 11th. AH shit, I just remembered I'm getting mine shipped from the States, so'z I probably won't be playing until Thursday or Friday. 

Two days in a row with Fallout is going to be awesome. I've never looked forward to November so much in my life. My eyes are going to be completely red by the end of the 11th. AH shit, I just remembered I'm getting mine shipped from the States, so'z I probably won't be playing until Thursday or Friday. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Happy I'm getting the Pip-Boy edition, not stoked about having to wait for Amazon to get it here.

With any luck, I'll have it for the weekend.

So, I'm starting to realize Fallout New Vegas is one of my favorite games ever. And I don't just like it more then Fallout 3, I like it substantially more then Fallout 3.

For one thing, the companions are right up my alley. Veronica (and Christine from the DLC), Boone, Arcade, and Cass are great highlights of fantastic casts, but even more importantly is how alive the world feels. The vendors in New Vegas and Freeside are interesting characters, were as in Fallout 3, the only real interesting characters that were memorable at all were Moira, Three-Dog, and Liam Neeson. 

And good god, the upgrade from the blah as all crap Karma system to the Faction setup is so so so huge. 

The main thing Fallout 3 has over it, imo, is that the Waste feels more alive in 3 then Vegas. Mostly due to the random encounter stuff. Oh, and also, it wasn't completely broken on release which.... yeah.

Obsidian is such a weird game developer.They get very little credit due to there games being buggy, but still, how many developers can claim to have came out with games as good as KOTOR 2, New Vegas, and Stick of Truth in the last 15 years?

I'll pick some up when I swing buy to pick up my pre-ordered copy. WOOOOOOOO

Fallout: NV is much better than Fallout 3 in a ton of ways including the inclusion of Hardcore Mode. Fallout 3 is still great, though, so there is no slight meant to it.

And yes, Obsidian is great, even if their games are sometimes broken. Alpha Protocol and Pillars of Eternity = great as well.

I give them a pass on KotOR 2 and NV since their publishers both screwed them on dev time (Bethesda being especially evil since they did it to undercut Obsidian so that they could acquire them on the cheap). 

So NOW spoilers have gotten gigantic. Avoid at all costs around basically anywhere.

Considering how many videos for Halo 5 are popping up on my Youtube page - I can only imagine how bad it will get for Fallout

It comes out the day before Veteran's Day, which I have off. So...yeah, I'll just ignore this thread until some point late on Wednesday; then, I can start to read through it. 

And yes, Obsidian is great, even if their games are sometimes broken. Alpha Protocol and Pillars of Eternity = great as well.

I loved Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines so I love broken games as much as the next person, but Alpha Protocol really was a piece of shit. 

KoTOR 2 at least had the decency to have a badass story, compelling character development, and a complete cluster fuck of a third act which proved that Obsidian got shafted on dev time at the end of production.  AP is just bad from top to bottom.