DVDVR Message Board

TNA Lockdown 2014

1400 my ass.

BiVBHdECYAIlZj_.jpg

I knew they were in trouble when they were pushing "TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE!" over "ORDER NOW ON PPV!" online.

Why do people always take pictures of the empty non-camera side for every TNA ppv as proof that the attendance was bad?

They did it for Bound for Glory and that still ended up around 3,000 in attendance.

Why do people always take pictures of the empty non-camera side for every TNA ppv as proof that the attendance was bad?

If they put everyone on one side of the arena and one of those people takes a picture of the ring, those pictures will usually have the empty side in the background.

If they put everyone on one side of the arena and one of those people takes a picture of the ring, those pictures will usually have the empty side in the background.

Which is my point. TNA usually doesn't even sell tickets for that side of the arena. This happens for people attending Smackdown tapings too. It's not a useful indicator for what the attendance was actually like.

1400 my ass.

BiVBHdECYAIlZj_.jpg

I knew they were in trouble when they were pushing "TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE!" over "ORDER NOW ON PPV!" online.

They did it for Bound for Glory and that still ended up around 3,000 in attendance.

Yeah, because this is MUCH better.  Still no 1400 in that place.

BiU4JMjIYAAHv_s.jpg

Based on the pictures, the seating charts, and maximum overall capacity, if every single floor seat and the three non-floor sections shown were sold out, it would come out to just around 1400 people.

How many of those were PAYING customers is the actual question.

They drew 700 in a 4,000-seat arena last Saturday for a show in my town. I didn't go and I had 10 free tickets available.

Is there a wrestling promotion anywhere in the world (I'm ignorant of the stuffing worldwide) where it's basically "Wrestler A is gonna fight Wrestler B to see who's the better man" and there's your issue? Do some promos, etc., but don't stupid it up with stalker angles and authority angles and this and that and the other. Just two guys figuring out who's better. Maybe have it all relate to a title. 

So it looks like there will be a Sacrifice PPV on April 27th - I wasn't expecting that so I guess they are thinking of running more PPVs. Which is interesting.

One suspects that Dixie is going to continue to find ways to influence things on the show - Being in charge of "Wrestling Operations' doesn't necessarily mean that much strategically, as anyone who has worked in or near an Ops Dept knows. Though now that Magnus has his own backup, it may be that they are going to separate any further Dixie stuff from the title - which would definitely be a positive development.

It looked like they were going to turn Bobby Roode face, though that seems to have stalled. I can see why they are considering a Bully turn, because I don't know there's a lot more mileage in his heel act - but his whole face act is based around goofy stuff and that's a long way from where his character has been going recently.

Lashley is terrible obviously, but when I see that the only black man on the roster is King Mo then I can sortof see why they brought him back. Although not particularly successful, he never really got his ass kicked in MMA (1 loss he had Mono, the other was a tight and somewhat controversial points decision), so he is easily the most credible guy on the roster.

People, understandably, forget that Abyss is still the TV champion. So Magnus and Abyss collectively hold the two major singles belts - it looks like they will build to Magnus vs EY and Joe vs Abyss for the next PPV.

I highly doubt Abyss is mysteriously going to be TV Champ again. I mean they even had Daniels and Kaz mocking the fact that the Title vanished like 4 months ago.

Things I saw on Twitter that I am just mentioning (which folks may or may not have already brought up)

- The crowd chanted USA! during the Wrestle-1 6 man... despite Muta, et al being the faces.

- EC3 was apparently amazing during his promo in shutting up the crowd during his promo.

So it looks like there will be a Sacrifice PPV on April 27th - I wasn't expecting that so I guess they are thinking of running more PPVs. Which is interesting.

They're still doing only 4 live PPVs this year. However, instead of having one in January they're having it in April instead.

I highly doubt Abyss is mysteriously going to be TV Champ again. I mean they even had Daniels and Kaz mocking the fact that the Title vanished like 4 months ago.

Things I saw on Twitter that I am just mentioning (which folks may or may not have already brought up)

- The crowd chanted USA! during the Wrestle-1 6 man... despite Muta, et al being the faces.

- EC3 was apparently amazing during his promo in shutting up the crowd during his promo.

Abyss is still on the roster page as the champ. With the X-Division belt on Sanada I think we will see the belt back, but we'll likely find out this week.

EC3 was pretty good during the 'You Can't Wrestle' chants, amazing might be a stretch - he did a call and response thing where he responded "I disagree!" and "I'm very good!" alternately a couple of times.

One rumor I heard, not very credible but yet so believable, was Hardy wanted to do the Willow character. So who knows.

At least Sacrifice won't have to compete with people actually ordering Wrestlemania, so they have got that going for them, which is nice.

Is there a wrestling promotion anywhere in the world (I'm ignorant of the stuffing worldwide) where it's basically "Wrestler A is gonna fight Wrestler B to see who's the better man" and there's your issue?

That sounds boring.

Not enough authority figures.

Everybody does this soap opera stuff, which would be OK if they could do it right, but I'd like to see someone acknowledge that they just plain suck at it and drop the soap opera stuff and get back to the basics of love, if you weeeel. Two guys don't like each other, they fight. And title fights never need anything more than "Wrestler A has title, Wrestler B wants title, they fight." Everything else is overkill and devalues the title.

TNA should say "WWE does the soap opera stuff and they do it well (contain laughter at that statement somehow), but that's not our bag," and then send Dixie back to her home planet.

I prefer feuds to be more along the lines of Wrestler A literally wants to murder Wrestler B. Involvement of a title belt is optional.

This pretty much sums up the feud James Storm had with Bobby Roode and is having with Gunner right now. Which personally I've enjoyed more than most stuff going on in wrestling lately.

TNA should say "WWE does the soap opera stuff and they do it well (contain laughter at that statement somehow), but that's not our bag," and then send Dixie back to her home planet.

If "Dixieland is a place where dreams come true", then I don't think we want her going anywhere near there.

One rumor I heard, not very credible but yet so believable, was Hardy wanted to do the Willow character. So who knows.

That is true, Hardy said in an interview back in late 2012 that he planned to eventually use Willow in TNA.

"I'm going to change it big time when I leave and I come back as Willow the Wisp one of these days," Hardy hinted. "My vision of this character is just an extension of myself. It will be basically from the imagination of Jeff Hardy, Willow the Wisp instead of painting my face, he'll just be wearing a mask."

tumblr_n28kl4X3RB1sbzhteo1_400.gif

How is it possible he dove at four guys clustered together and still missed all of them?

They were expecting a crossbody block, and he did a splash.

Plus, you know it's Jeff Hardy.

Seriously though I'm more interested in how he exactly got to the top of the cage during the intro. Considering how tall the TNA cages are, was there enough time for him to jump the rail and spint up the side or was he hiding on the Lockdown cage and he repelled down.