DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Did Mickie get in trouble for that? I'm sure her and Trish didn't run that by anyone.

Vince yelled at her and stuff about it.

James' character had developed crazed lust-like feelings for her opponent, touched Stratus' crotch and made a provocative gesture towards the camera insinuating a romantic relationship.

McMahon was furious with James and ordered the gesture be edited out of future video releases.

Speaking to Wrestlecast, James recalls: "The only people that remember that are the people watching or who were there live and in person. It didn't make the DVD.

"I came back through the curtain and Vince was really mad. In the moment it had seemed amazing to me. I thought 'Vince will love this'.

"'Crass' was the word I got. He didn't like it at all. He told me 'We're going to have to go back and edit that out. Do you know how much time (this will take)?'

"This was my first Wrestlemania, my mom was in the audience, I'm freaking out already. I'm back through the curtain and I'm already in tears and an emotional mess. And I got yelled at."

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/1010/545526/mickie-james/#tVyRQssxWdzf227d.99

It amuses me what Vince deems "crass". The lick and the EC F'N W logo are "too crass" for WWE tastes but meanwhile a few years ago they had no problem selling a shirt that says VINCE LOVES COCK.

Did Mickie get in trouble for that? I'm sure her and Trish didn't run that by anyone.

James' character had developed crazed lust-like feelings for her opponent, touched Stratus' crotch and made a provocative gesture towards the camera insinuating a romantic relationship.

McMahon was furious with James and ordered the gesture be edited out of future video releases.

Speaking to Wrestlecast, James recalls: "The only people that remember that are the people watching or who were there live and in person. It didn't make the DVD.

"I came back through the curtain and Vince was really mad. In the moment it had seemed amazing to me. I thought 'Vince will love this'.

"'Crass' was the word I got. He didn't like it at all. He told me 'We're going to have to go back and edit that out. Do you know how much time (this will take)?'

"This was my first Wrestlemania, my mom was in the audience, I'm freaking out already. I'm back through the curtain and I'm already in tears and an emotional mess. And I got yelled at."

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/1010/545526/mickie-james/#tVyRQssxWdzf227d.99

It amuses me what Vince deems "crass". The lick and the EC F'N W logo are "too crass" for WWE tastes but meanwhile a few years ago they had no problem selling a shirt that says VINCE LOVES COCK.

It amuses me that there is a brain in your head. Do you not see the difference between those things?

It amuses me that there is a brain in your head. Do you not see the difference between those things?

The first two weren't Vince idea's, the last one was?

• Like 1

Wow, I can't believe I've had the Network this long and hadn't thought to re-live doo rag Vince yet. I'm kinda ashamed of myself for being so absent-minded, to be honest.

EDIT: I know he wasn't technically wearing the doo rag when he said that, but it helped to remind me.

• Like 1

VOD jumping around is finally working well for me on PS3.  It's pretty great.

I could skip right to the Dynamic Dudes, of course.

And see the crowd going rogue and shitting on them.  I now know who to blame for The Worm being able to happen eventually.  I blame Johnny Ace.

Has anyone else had issues with stopping a show and being able to resume where you left off when you return to the show later? Doesn't matter what I watch, I'm never given a resume option. Maybe this is just a PS3 thing, or have they not enabled the ability to resume where you left off in a show?

Because I was feeling particularly optimistic, I made another attempt to sign in on the Xbox Live app.  No dice.  Received the same e-mail as some others regarding a potential fix on Monday, but I'm starting to really question whether or not it will be sorted by Wrestlemania, as it doesn't seem to me as though the root cause has been properly identified.  I'd made a call last Monday to the Customer Service department in the vain hope that I might be able to speak with someone with actual technical troubleshooting savvy regarding the issue, but after being on hold listening to AJ's theme on a loop for 12 minutes (which was...something else), all I received were platitudes and call-center 101 scripting about working hard to fix the issue (I work in the operations department for a consumer relations management firm, I know call-center scripting when I receive it).  Alas.

Nelson Veilleux is tagged and in the database (although there are currently no results).

It's very pleasing to experience Nelson Veilleux (and other forgotten souls) recognized and auto-filling as a suggested search.

Since I've been out of the loop for many years, just what does the WWE library consist of these days? I know they own the libraries of WCW and ECW. I think I recall them purchasing the AWA, WCCW, and Mid-South libraries as well. I'd also wager they could pop stuff like OVW, possibly USWA, on the network. However, in the long run I wonder if in order to keep up with demand WWE will have to seek out and purchase other libraries. I know they have a ton of content already, but wrestling fans seem to devour content super fast.

SMW is in there as well.

I would love to see crystal clear OVW, maybe even make it like a retrospective show with little interviews with the class thrown in.

I was also thinking how cool it would be if they aired a Madison Square Garden show live.don't make it like a PPV presentation. You could have it with no commentary and only two cameras, or make it like a party where instead of commentary it's a box party led by JBL and Cole with guests coming in and out. the Rhodes brothers join in for commentary on a Santino match then Jake and DDP stumble in with some vegetarian nachos and yoga dvds.

just something I'd love to see.

• Like 1

Since I've been out of the loop for many years, just what does the WWE library consist of these days? I know they own the libraries of WCW and ECW. I think I recall them purchasing the AWA, WCCW, and Mid-South libraries as well. I'd also wager they could pop stuff like OVW, possibly USWA, on the network. However, in the long run I wonder if in order to keep up with demand WWE will have to seek out and purchase other libraries. I know they have a ton of content already, but wrestling fans seem to devour content super fast.

You are talking REAL long run here.

I just got a Roku and decided to sign up for the ten day trial. Is there any particular reason why so much content is missing? No ECW at all and full years of WCW and WWE stuff isn't available for me.

That's bizarre since the website version of The Network has several episodes of Hardcore TV and all the ECW PPV's from Barely Legal until the end.