DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

I think the most annoying thing about the going full-screen with the WWE network is that it apparently doesn't override a screen saver setting, as most full-screen video applications (i.e. YouTube/NetFlix/Hulu) do.

Isn't that how all "full screen" applications work? Ful screen a YouTube video and go away from it and it'll go back to windowed mode.

No if i open youtube and put it on full screen then open another firefox it wont switch it back do it all the time with two monitors..have youtubeo on one other stuff on the other

I think the most annoying thing about the going full-screen with the WWE network is that it apparently doesn't override a screen saver setting, as most full-screen video applications (i.e. YouTube/NetFlix/Hulu) do.

Yeah, I kept pissing the cat off last night by having to refresh it when the thing was trying to sleep on me. (and no it is not getting my march madness vote or else or else it'd probably vote for Mr. Hughes, Chris Harris, Ernest Miller, and Brady Boone)

Does anyone know if they plan on making the Network fully compatibly with the PS3 BD controller? Right now I can still use it, but it seems like to use all the options I need to use the standard gaming controller, which I'm not a fan of.

Does anyone know if they plan on making the Network fully compatibly with the PS3 BD controller? Right now I can still use it, but it seems like to use all the options I need to use the standard gaming controller, which I'm not a fan of.

That has annoyed me too. And I can only speculate, but I doubt that's on their list of priorities.

• Like 1

On SummerSlam 1991, the song "Together" (written by Jim Johnston and Jimmy Hart) during the Randy Savage and Elizabeth video before their wedding has been replaced by different music.

NOOOOO0000OOOOOOOOOOO00000000oooooo

Probably the music always playing during New Jack's run-ins/matches. And because he's New Jack.

Surprised that some of the PPV's are the Coliseum Home Video releases. Also surprised that some of the music that seemed to be OK with Classics on Demand has been edited for The Network.

Wait, what can't you do with the PS3 remote? L1/R1 and R3 are all there on the remote.

It's not that you can't do things with the PS3 remote, it's that you gotta use different buttons than you do for Blu-Ray/Netflix/YouTube, which is an annoyance. It's doesn't ruin the experience or anything, it just means I hit the wrong button a lot.

I know complaining about the search option in the Network is useless but it really confuses me why something doesn't on the "shows" part and some does.  Case in point the steve austin 2011 documentary is shown in the "Beyond the Ring" stuff for my PC but not Roku.  Yet on Roku I can access the show through the schedule part.  

Goldust rubbing on himself, kissing men, laying on top of men, etc. is kept in but the Trish/Mickie match is edited? Hmmm..mmh.

Full disclosure: I am not a fan of Mickie or Trish so I have desire to see the match and when I did watch that WM, I simply skipped the match. I just would hate to see WWE have to deal with something like a class-action lawusite down-the-road due them having a hardon for writing some of their history for god knows what reason. Again, I understand the music aspect. But I don't understand showing only 3 hours of a 3 hour event or editing matches, etc.

The "Together" edit is one of their most puzzling yet since it was on the DVD anthology and the music cd collection.

Ever since it was used at one of the tv weddings in the past ten years, I've imagined it playing at every real McMahon wedding.

-J\/\/

They've already got a terrible re-done version of New Jack's theme, why not use that?

Because by the time of the PPV's, Natual Born Killaz played during the duration of NewbJack's matches. That's a lot of audio to fuck with.

Also, lol at Cibernetico being "aftaid" of the E getting sued over edits on The Network.