DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Hey, bitching is partially what this thread is for. 

For what it's worth, after I re-installed the channel on my Roku 3, I started watching Survivor Series 87 where I had left off earlier today.  Made it through the rest of the show (about 2 hours) and I'm a good 25 minutes into Starrcade 94 with no issues at all. 

And yes, I'm basically picking shows at random.

I have no idea of checking this since I am not on the Network - but Maffew of Botchamania is claiming that the WWE edited out New Jack from ECW footage as much as possible

I bet a lot of that has to do with the music issues

Because they used to keep his music playing during his "matches?" I dunno, that doesn't make much sense because every ppv I've watched so far has full unclipped entrances for the wrestlers even though they overdub some shitty rights-free music to cover the real song. I'm sure they can find some piece of muzak to play over his garbage-fests.

If he's really been edited off, I have to assume it has more to do with his penchant for bashing people with stop signs and then rubbing their faces in cheese graters. Somebody in WWE legal probably flagged it as a potential liability if one of John Cena's fans saw that and decided to imitate it.

Ordinarily, I'm against censoring these shows in any way but we've already lived through one era of backyard wrasslin'... Anything that prevents having to live through another is A-OK with me.

they have to drop all of the audio including the commentary and it sounds horrible.they even have to overdub Joey commentary from other matches so it'll be a minute of silence then "dvon with a habit!" followed by more silence. add in the fact that yeah they probably don't like his style they figured if he's just bashing nobodies, fuck it

• Like 1

On the laptop I keep getting "Media Error: Video Not Available" ( has never worked from day one ) and on the Android, I have no VOD options. It just goes straight to the live shows. Right now it is NXT.

Click the wwe in the corner instead of tap to watch, then select wwe network and you should get the menu on android.

Excellent! Thanks.

Now to figure out my laptop problem. :(

Hey guys! Update your Flash Player. I thought I had the latest version. I guess not. Duh!

Apparently, good karma does exist in this world. 

Saving the cat from the shelter has indirectly led to an old college buddy of mine that I used to go to shows with, very much against my wishes, forcing a gift subscription on me. 

I won't get a chance to mess with things until tonight but I feel like I've suddenly become one of the undead masses.

19980525_oddities.jpg

• Like 2

When you say you started it where you left off, did *you* go back to that point, or did it pick it up automatically?

If I have already started watching something but didn't watch until the end, then select it again, if gives me the option to either resume or start from the beginning.

I've had no problems with my iPad (ver 4 btw). Ps3 has been the only thing giving me fits. Yeah, live stream has been great...if you don't count that pesky little instance of it crapping out during the main event of a live show last night.

Oh and I cued up World War 3 this morning and noticed the DOTS of doom aren't appearing so evidently they aren't done indexing all the shows yet. For people mentioning the search isn't giving complete results for specific wrestlers, that may explain why.