DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

Anybody else not getting the Tag Team Championship match when they watch November to Remember 97?

Are you watching it all the way through, or are you trying to skip to it?  I've found that there are some PPVs where all the dots are there for every match, and some are missing.  If you go to the end of the previous match it may be there, just not marked.

Anybody else not getting the Tag Team Championship match when they watch November to Remember 97?

Are you watching it all the way through, or are you trying to skip to it?  I've found that there are some PPVs where all the dots are there for every match, and some are missing.  If you go to the end of the previous match it may be there, just not marked.

This is how it is for WrestleMania X-Seven - Benoit vs. Angle is on the show but there's no marker to seek directly to it.  Just a big swath of time between matches where Benoit vs. Angle fits in.  It's there, but you have to find it yourself.

So how are the PS3 and PS4 apps working now? I'm trying to wait until things settle down before I sign up.

The PS3 app worked absolutely flawlessly for me last night, I watched Survivor Series '95 with no buffering at all, then started skipping around watching matches on other PPVs.  I almost called out of work today in order to spend the all day watching PPVs, but I actually decided to be an adult for once.

• Like 1

This is how it is for WrestleMania X-Seven - Benoit vs. Angle is on the show but there's no marker to seek directly to it.  Just a big swath of time between matches where Benoit vs. Angle fits in.  It's there, but you have to find it yourself.

I watched it straight threw it goes from Taz putting that security guard into the tazmission then they cut to a video package then its to Joey who sets up a Sandman Sabu video package which isnt shown instead its a recap of Bam Bam winning the world title then they go to Dreamer-RVD. Completely skipping the Tag match.

So they didn't think people like us rushing for WCW ppvs existed?

Their underestimation of how much people also enjoyed their competition never ceases, I suppose.

So how are the PS3 and PS4 apps working now? I'm trying to wait until things settle down before I sign up.

The PS4 app is working perfectly and has been since yesterday for both streaming and VOD. The only thing that I don't like about it is the UI (I don't see a way to search by year like on Roku 2 XD or on a laptop, only by PPV), so if the PS3 UI is better and PS3's app is working, use the latter. 

• Like 1

How is the search set up? Just by PPV/show, or do they have it where you can search by wrestler, or anything similar?

You can search by show or by wrestler (the latter if you use the search bar), but I don't see that you can search by year, which is annoying when you want to watch shows chronologically. Roku also offers an option to resume from the last point you watched, though I haven't actually tested it because the VOD always timed out for me before I could try it. 

• Like 1

Matt you are killing me by posting this at PWO and not here :-)

Per WON

Essentially, the technical reason some things did and didn’t work, or didn’t work on different devices was because for both video-on-demand and live streams, WWE and MLBAM are using a content distribution network of a number of caching services in various locations around the country. These servers bring content geographically closer to a user requesting it. But they only serve what is expected to be the most popular content. That’s why the live stream has few problems, but some video-on-demand material that they didn’t expect there would be much interest in, such as WCW and ECW PPVs, have had more problems. When a user requests content not part of the local cache, the cache has to request it, taking time and server resources.

Sorry chief; work's been so busy this week (and next) that I didn't even have time to try the free trial let alone cross post. I went with the site that's more of a WON watchdog group with all the stats guys and quality reporters. I cross posted my "how I hope this will move us all away from 'great matches'" post at least.

I cannot access the live stream of the NXT Arrival pre-show on my PS3. As a matter of fact, I cannot access any on-demand content either. Everything was working perfectly yesterday. I can access the show via wi-fi on my phone, so it is not my router. Is anyone else currently having this issue?

EDIT: Finally got it to load. Phew.

RE: Xbox sign-in.

Just tried on my 360 and can't get in. To ensure I wasn't being a dick with my password I tried on my Mac and was able to access without any issue. Even reset my password just to dummy proof the whole thing...still nothing. So something they are still working on. Planned on watching Next on the TV  downstairs via 360 but i guess its now time for my thunderbolt port and HDMI cable to come out of retirement (granted it was a Terry Funk See You In Two Weeks retirement...but still).

This was in Meltzer's update today

--We are still getting a decent amount of complaints regarding the network and things not working, but the number had dwindled greatly over the last 24 hours.  The WWE network hotline agent said the Xbox 360 will be working as of 6 p.m. Eastern tonight.  I guess we'll see. (thanks to Terry Schalk)

Clearly that didn't happen and I am pretty sure that is the second time they have claimed a deadline for things to work on the 360 and it hasnt