DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Since someone said that you can just lie about where you live and still get signed up I decided to give it ago. Can get logged in but regardless of what browser I use I just get a "Media Error: Video Not Available" message. Can't even watch Vince welcoming me to the Network. Will give it a try on Xbox 360 & PS3 later on though, as I think I've seen others having problems from PC.

• Like 1

I still haven't tried.  Like, I'm going to watch RAW tonight and that's enough.  I have shit to do tomorrow night.  Wednesday there are preseason baseball games to soak in.  It wouldn't be until Saturday that I would actually have time to just browse around for a few hours.

Since someone said that you can just lie about where you live and still get signed up I decided to give it ago. Can get logged in but regardless of what browser I use I just get a "Media Error: Video Not Available" message. Can't even watch Vince welcoming me to the Network. Will give it a try on Xbox 360 & PS3 later on though, as I think I've seen others having problems from PC.

Same here. To be honest though, I feel like if I did get in I'd just freeze joy.

They've also been plugging up the holes in the out of country memberships.  I'd imagine some IP blocks now that they're getting the server load balanced.

This wouldn't surprise me. It would frustrate me slightly, but at least there was the free trial. Otherwise I'd be stuck with 6 months of paying for a service I can't use.

I still haven't tried.  Like, I'm going to watch RAW tonight and that's enough.  I have shit to do tomorrow night.  Wednesday there are preseason baseball games to soak in.  It wouldn't be until Saturday that I would actually have time to just browse around for a few hours.

That's what work is for.

Bix is saying 220k now. Looks like a huge success already.

They retain all of that after this week, they're already up to 2.2 mil a month guaranteed.  Half their average PPV buying audience in less than 8 hours...

I totally misread that.  I thought you meant 2.2 million subscribers. 

In that math for all of this "how much to be profitable" talk,  is the money they lost from former Classics subscribers due to it being cancelled being factored in?  I mean, while I just gave them $9.99 a month today, I had been giving them $7.99 a month for the last six years.  They aren't exactly getting any new money from me. 

Fuck it.  I'm in.

Chromecasting from the browser looks good so far on older stuff (live broadcast now of Mania 1 and one of the 1984 MSG shows... Yes.  Dick Murdoch is flopping like a fool in front of me and The Wild Samoans right now.)

Newer HD stuff is a little choppy on Chromecast.  But it's a good, cheap easy way to get it on your t.v. if you're looking for one.  And hopefully they will build support for it into mobile apps soon.

Signed up after work. I turned on my AppleTV to see that there is now a network app. Got that set up and tried to watch something random and it didn't really want to play. Tried using the WWE app and AirPlaying it over to the TV and I got picture but no sound of the broadcast of 'Mania I.

Logged into the computer and I'm watching the live feed of 'Mania I and Greg Valentine is fighting JYD. Stream looks great.

Pretty sure that there are bugs to work out and internets to be polished, but I'm just happy it's here.

Apple TV makes you pay the full $60 up front instead of 10 a month, apparently.

FYI everybody the iPad HDMI adapter works with WWE network.  It works on a per app basis, and some apps block it (like Amazon Instant Video since they want to sell Kindles)

It's going to be awesome when all the one weekers forget to bail and are locked in for six months

It won't be awesome if the stream for Wrestlemania is the same as today.   I don't think it will but that will be the true test of the servers because it is going to be full blast that night.   at least this week you can cancel before the subscription.  Come wrestlemania time you are stuck for another 3 months.   Of course there is plenty of great stuff to fill that 3 months.