DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Live stream is playing beautifully on my Roku.  Any attempt at on demand brings up a time out error.  Lots of shows missing on Roku (mania 2 and 3 several rumbles) hopefully thats fixed soon.  For now im just vegging out w the network.

Having the same problem when watching anything but the live streaming programs.  Hope this gets worked out quick , fast, and in a hurry

Getting that with Roku and PS3.

9 pages of Eddy Guerrero matches.

NINE PAGES OF EDDY GUERRERO MATCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't mean to harsh your buzz, but the On Demand stuff is pretty iffy right now. So you may want to get used to waiting a few days before you really get to quench your thirst.

Well I've updated my Explorer and that seemed to help out, but my Chrome is still shit.

On a pc? One common chrome issue is adobe flash being installed on the computer and running at the same time as the default flash player that comes with chrome. The network is the kind of thing that would make that issue noticeable. You can check this by entering chrome://plugins. If it what is going on you will see 2 files in the adobe flash player section. Just need to disable one.

• Like 1

Since someone said that you can just lie about where you live and still get signed up I decided to give it ago. Can get logged in but regardless of what browser I use I just get a "Media Error: Video Not Available" message. Can't even watch Vince welcoming me to the Network. Will give it a try on Xbox 360 & PS3 later on though, as I think I've seen others having problems from PC.

Use a VPN service. I'm deciding which one to go with for the next six months. Anyway, for those outside of the United States, here's a guide:

www.thewrestlingmania.com/articles/columns/access-wwe-network-outside-usa/

I believe with most of those services, you can change your game machine's DNS settings and use it on that too.

Yup, you can do that on the PS3. I was sitting watching Barely Legal until Raw started. I'm like a giddy child right now.

Which VPN do you use?

I'm using http://www.unblock-us.com/ mainly because they have a weeks free trial. Which kind of lines up perfectly!

Didn't Regal tweet that they made one on him awhile back?

It's probably like the Goldust one they've been showing - about 15 min long, not on the programming list, and cool as fuck.

They used it to fill time between Wrestlemania I and the Raw preshow.

So when I got off work, I was having the problem that the live stream worked on the PS4 but not the iPad, and the VOD worked on the iPad but not the PS4.  Went to the gym, came back and it's doing better (although there's a good 2 minutes of buffering on the VOD on PS4, despite having a wired connection to a 50Mbit pipe (so it's definitely on "their" end and not mine).  Watched the first two matches of One Night Stand 05 and the one episode of WCCW.  I find that whatever I start, it'll stutter 3-4 times in the first two minutes and then play smooth as silk, even if I task-switch out of the Network app on PS4.

Sometime this week I need to get to GAB 89, but other things (like first-season SCTV) are taking priority tonight.

One day in and we've already had two Buddy Rose appearances, including the full Blow Away Diet video.  Even just the live stream is the best thing around.

Biggest disappointment so far for me...

SEARCH RESULTS
YOU SEARCHED FOR BUDDY ROSE
NO RESULTS WERE FOUND FOR THAT TERM. PLEASE TRY A NEW SEARCH.

This Goldust bit is great, but man, what an awkward character when looking back on it. Actually in retrospect, he's one of the most noble faces ever. He was on a mission to expose homophobes for being the douches that they were.

Also, he threw sweet punches. 

He still throws great punches. And that Goldust feature was awesome. It was a pleasant surprise when it was completely unadvertised and unexpected. 

So far, the network has been nearly flawless on my desktop. I had some issues signing up where PayPal tried sending me to the network website and I got an error. I refreshed the screen and I was in. I got an email confirmation and everything. 

I watched the 2nd screen on a kindle for about twenty minutes. The match continuation was really bad VQ during Batista vs. Del Rio so I thought it was the device. Then i loaded the network and watched the live stream of the Bret-Shawn doc and it looked perfect so there are still some kinks. 

WWE opened today at 24.78...it closed today at 23.99. Now granted, I purchased when it was selling at 15.23 so I am not that worried, but I didn't expect it to drop 2%. Is everyone REALLY worried about the cable provider backlash?

Also, I cannot find that piece on Goldust? Was that something streaming today and I am SOL?

For those asking, it looks like they bleeped some of the language on the ECW PPVs (I can't imagine ECW censored it themselves at the time but I don't have an original to compare to) but they didn't try to mute the crowd's inappropriate chants.  Also frontal nudity is blurred which is funny as that is a very American thing to do (show excessive violence, censor breasts) but I guess understandable.

Not sure if it was a coincidence or what, but both myself and a friend were finally able to get through to purchase around 1:30 PM EST.  We both have had no problems with the stream, just various weirdness with the On Demand stuff.  He's been doing his through a Roku 3, me through iPad and Galaxy S3 phone.  He's talking me into a Roku 3 as we speak.

Whether On Demand is going to work or not seems like a crapshoot at this point, but I'm sure it'll be rectified.  I've had better luck with WWE branded pay-per-views as opposed to WCW, and I seem to recall that Meltzer mentioned something similar in one of his updates today.

I decided to log on my phone at both dinner and in line at the post office, and again the stream came up fine, but On Demand was the same guessing game.

The search on the Network website is actually different from the search on the app.  On the site you can search a lot more than the app allows you too.  I've had no luck opening any of the "hidden" matches, like when you search Bruno Sammartino and all these MSG matches show up.

For the people, like me, who are interested in what music is and isn't edited, they've gone back and restored a lot of their own WWF themes.  "Do The Bird" is back for Koko, whereas it's almost always been dubbed over with "Piledriver" on 24/7 and DVDs.  Oddly, "The Bird" by The Time that he used at WrestleMania III is back in, and it definitely wasn't a WWF song.  "Country Boy" still seems to be gone, but "Jive Soul Bro" is back.  Just a few that I noticed.

-J\/\/

For the people, like me, who are interested in what music is and isn't edited, they've gone back and restored a lot of their own WWF themes.  "Do The Bird" is back for Koko, whereas it's almost always been dubbed over with "Piledriver" on 24/7 and DVDs.  Oddly, "The Bird" by The Time that he used at WrestleMania III is back in, and it definitely wasn't a WWF song.  "Country Boy" still seems to be gone, but "Jive Soul Bro" is back.  Just a few that I noticed.

-J\/\/

The intro music for WM I (the old CHV intro theme song) with audio introductions of every wrestler was dubbed over for some reason, that's the only one I've noticed so far. The good news though, is that they used the closed circuit version of the PPV rather then the VHS release which cut a few bits.

They also blurred out Kat's striptease from Armageddon 1999. 

That may have been a good thing.  What jerry saw in her I am not sure

I was having issues trying to get the network to work on my PC but I was able to get it straightened out after I unclicked the Hardware Acceleration tab on the flash player and up the juice on it to 10MB.  But I have and old laptop with Windows 7 so probably not really an issue for people without dinosaurs for laptops

Now all of these videos that Bix and others are finding like the Philly 1978 show or RAW when Shane bought WCW, do you think they eventually show up on the menu or one of those things you have to hunt in order to enjoy

-J\/\/

The intro music for WM I (the old CHV intro theme song) was changed for some reason, that's the only one I've noticed so far.

The intro music on the original broadcast was Easy Lover by Phil Collins.  The CHV version was dubbed with their theme.

-J\/\/

The intro music for WM I (the old CHV intro theme song) was changed for some reason, that's the only one I've noticed so far.

The intro music on the original broadcast was Easy Lover by Phil Collins.  The CHV version was dubbed with their theme.

Ah, I didn't know that. I've only see the CHV version.