DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

I really disliked the Breeze/Kalisto match. I can live with headlocks getting heel heat but this was ridiculous. If Kalisto is gonna be the next Rey Jr., I want to see him fly and do crazy highspots. This felt like a rib on him or something. It was better on tape than live though.

If this CJ Parker angle doesn't lead to Regal doing a match with him and squashing him back to AIW, I'll be disappointed.

Vaudevillians were amazing.

"There's nothing better than seeing a chimp on a mic, is there? I-I-I-I-I..I'm - this is, uh, you couldn't get anything better to me than seeing the vaudvillains" ... "I love it! I mean we know about my friend Aiden, but Simon Gotch!! Do you know he was born on the carnival? His mother's the bearded lady, she's married -- she just remarried to the new step dad whose the rubber man. Now listen to me! Will you listen to me? ... she's pregnant. Simon asked them what do you want, a boy or a girl? She said it doesn't matter as long as it fits in the cannon! This is wonderful!"

"His sister is a fire eater, his other sister is a sword swallower."

"His grandfather was able to bend iron bars -- over his neck! When he was 91 years old!"

God bless William Regal.

• Like 4

I...man, maybe it was just my mood but I just was NOT into the Vaudvillians, though I like Aiden a lot more as a general 'old timey dickhead' then just musical theatre performer.

I may just be dead inside.

Bliss needs to start glitter bombing people in matches like Tinkermuta.

God damn it I love the Ascension. It can't be helped.

"There's nothing better than seeing a chimp on a mic, is there? I-I-I-I-I..I'm - this is, uh, you couldn't get anything better to me than seeing the vaudvillains" ... "I love it! I mean we know about my friend Aiden, but Simon Gotch!! Do you know he was born on the carnival? His mother's the bearded lady, she's married -- she just remarried to the new step dad whose the rubber man. Now listen to me! Will you listen to me? ... she's pregnant. Simon asked them what do you want, a boy or a girl? She said it doesn't matter as long as it fits in the cannon! This is wonderful!"

"His sister is a fire eater, his other sister is a sword swallower."

"His grandfather was able to bend iron bars -- over his neck! When he was 91 years old!"

God bless William Regal.

Did Regal really call Simon Gotch's sister a whore?

Love the Vaudevillains, though I want to see Gotch do more strongman spots besides the squat thrusts and such. This team is utterly ridiculous in a good way, though. 

I really hope Tyler Breeze becomes champ soon. Shortly before or after that, they need to pair him with a 6'6-or-up dude to be his bodyguard. Is there anyone coming into NXT who fits that bill? I enjoyed that Breeze decided to keep Kallisto on the mat, rightly knowing that Kallisto would likely win a shootout in the air. The first five minutes of headlocks were actually interesting because there was struggling there to keep the hold on. 

This granola-eatin' chump for one actually agrees with CJ Parker's signs and feels for him as a sympathetic babyface since everyone else shits on him. He should be way smarmier about getting his message across so that I can get back on the right side and hate him...though the way he looks ridiculous in those dreadlocks is a good first step. 

I really hope Tyler Breeze becomes champ soon. Shortly before or after that, they need to pair him with a 6'6-or-up dude to be his bodyguard. Is there anyone coming into NXT who fits that bill?

Baron Corbin.

5714959_orig.jpeg

And 

Sawyer Fulton

20140203_642xvariable_NXT-SSpg-sawyerful

Triple H in his last NXT phone conference mentioned Corbin in the same breath as Zayn and Charlotte as future stars.

It looked like he was going to be doing a biker gimmick with Shaul Guerrero as his valet before she left again.

He still is and is likely going to have Zahra Schreiber as his new valet:

BqM6V1sCIAAnPp8.jpg

Quite the departure for WWE with the tattoos. Also when she first looked at by WWE late last year she didn't have that big chest piece.

• Like 2

I need to see the rest of NXT.  But I went out of my way to watch the Vaudevillians.  I am fucking GIDDY over this team!  Regal talking these stories on top of everything makes this my possibly favorite act on NXT.  It's so, so great and so over the top.

I did see some of Tyler's match and it was good for him to work the headlocks and such in on Kalisto.  Can't wait to see the whole match.  If I can truly multiask and watch both, this with Impact in the background is going to make Impact much easier to sit through.

Triple H in his last NXT phone conference mentioned Corbin in the same breath as Zayn and Charlotte as future stars.

It looked like he was going to be doing a biker gimmick with Shaul Guerrero as his valet before she left again.

He still is and is likely going to have Zahra Schreiber as his new valet:

BqM6V1sCIAAnPp8.jpg

Quite the departure for WWE with the tatoos. Also when she first looked by WWE late last year she is don't have that big chest piece.

I have a new favorite diva.

• Like 2

Everyone here is sleeping on Regal's line about the chimp playing the Vaudevillains theme. I fucking died. Also love the crowd gleefully clapping along to it.

Anyone else like Dylan's look? He has a nice build and looks really solid in an 80s Georgia way. I could see him kicking all sorts of ass in the old Techwood studio.

Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha started off so nicely then got worse as it went on. Bliss still seems to be pretty rough around the edges in the ring, and I honestly don't quite think she owns her pixie/fairy gimmick enough. I am enjoying the gradual break up of the BFFs though I'm saddened by it at the same time. I was really hoping they would just kick Summer out. I'm curious who will end up the face by the end of it or will all three still be heels by the time they do a triple threat.

I like the idea of the Vaudevillains, but I'm not quite sold of them yet. Wrestling wise I was expecting them to be a bit more Cesaro while presenting the wackiness of their gimmick. Right now they are a bit too bland.

Kalisto/Breeze was ok. Keeping Kalisto grounded with a headlock was a great idea in theory, but Breeze didn't seem to know how to make it interesting enough to actually work. Kalisto looked great though. I'm slightly surprised they haven't put the rush on him to replace Rey and SIn Cara.