DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

It's amazing to me how Dustin is not only in better shape at 44 than he was probably at any point throughout his 30s, but that he's arguably a better worker now than when he was in his 20s. 

I love the idea that it's unexpected and noteworthy that two decades of added experience made someone better.

Hornswoggle going full rudo and piledriving Torito and becoming the Evil Doink of a new minis division (perfect for Main Event and the new live Tuesday Smackdown or whatever they end up doing with that show), would be the best thing ever.

Instead, we'll probably just get a couple half-hearted comedy spots, because they don't want to risk turning Hornswoggle heel because....kids, I guess.

.. but not as much as I love the classic post formula of [ludicrous fantasy booking followed by melancholy lament]

• Like 2

.. but not as much as I love the classic post formula of [ludicrous fantasy booking followed by melancholy lament]

Ah...so many memories.

Sin Cara

Fandango

Brodus

Masked Cody Rhodes

and on back to

The Boogeyman

Burchill

Raven

Hurricane

and further back now to

Taz

Taka

and let's not forget Papa Shango

Hell, in my heart Fandango and Jimmy  Wang Yang are a mismatched buddy detective team, fighting crime and trying to rid the WWE of Masked Cody Rhodes and his evil Sin Cara clone.

Meanwhile Burchill and Hurricane are on a quest to find the real Sin Cara, who is under Papa Shango's zombie spell.

MELANCHOLY LAMENT!

It's amazing to me how Dustin is not only in better shape at 44 than he was probably at any point throughout his 30s, but that he's arguably a better worker now than when he was in his 20s. 

I love the idea that it's unexpected and noteworthy that two decades of added experience made someone better.

Hornswoggle going full rudo and piledriving Torito and becoming the Evil Doink of a new minis division (perfect for Main Event and the new live Tuesday Smackdown or whatever they end up doing with that show), would be the best thing ever.

Instead, we'll probably just get a couple half-hearted comedy spots, because they don't want to risk turning Hornswoggle heel because....kids, I guess.

Ludicrous!? Fine, guess I'm not showing you my spiral notebooks full of "Hot Ideas".

• Like 1

I meant a better worker athletically. I don't recall "The Natural" doing hurricanranas and such.

To be fair, in wrestling things tend to go the other way rather rapidly. Esp as Dustin has had his fair share of drug issues over the years...

The issue is that he's physically able to do things he wasn't doing at 21. That he's more canny and psychologically savvy is not surprising. That he's able to do what he can when he was shaped like this a few years ago:

reign_display_image.jpg?1351647944

Well, it makes one go:

KWF4Ilq.gif