DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

RVD was supposed to turn eventually right? Probably hurts Edge's push, he really benefitted from that feud. He doesn't main event SummerSlam, though he still seemed destined to ascend to the main event scene. I think the arrest hurt Sabu more, he wasn't sticking around out of usefulness as much as he was because he was an ECW guy.

Sabu only intended to stay long enough to work one Mania and get his uncle in the HOF.

The arrest helped him with Vince because Sabu took full responsibility and Vince respected that.

Bruce Pritchard had an interesting what if during his Guest Book interview on a big star coming to WWF in late 1997, early 1998 that I had never heard before. He says talks were serious, but who knows.

Hogan, I believe...they were close in talks with a Savage return at the end of 96 the year before.

He says Hogan's contract was up and there was talk of bringing him back at the end of '97, start of '98. I'd like to know when his contract was up and if it was up before Starrcade '97. Do you run Hogan vs. Austin with Tyson at WM? Where does Shawn Michaels fit in? Who has the title?

Well let's assume he comes back for the start of 1998, you still do Michaels retiring after the Austin match and maybe have Hogan return at Wrestlemania, with plans for either SummerSlam 1998 or Wrestlemania XV to run that match. WMXV could have used something to make it interesting if not good.

I remember the informer hinting rhe idea on JYD joining the Nation of Domination after Crush & Savio left. Him as a heel would have been shocking to see. Him coming in as Ahmeds buddy only to turn on him wouldve been a moment

• Like 1

Can Mark Jindrak slap in the rear naked choke and make crazy faces? If yes, we might be in a similar situation regarding Evolution. I think Orton would have made it one or another, he has the look and the name.

Can Mark Jindrak slap in the rear naked choke and make crazy faces? If yes, we might be in a similar situation regarding Evolution. I think Orton would have made it one or another, he has the look and the name.

Jindrak would have been in place of Batista, not Orton.

I don't think he'd have had the success Batista had, but I'm not familiar with his post-WWE work.

Jindrak would have been in place of Batista, not Orton.

I don't think he'd have had the success Batista had, but I'm not familiar with his post-WWE work.

Ah, my mistake, either way, I think Batista makes it on his own too. He also has the look and charisma to make it alone. Cannot see Jindrak headlining a Wrestlemania versus Undertaker or Cena.

I've been watching a lot of Owen Hart lately, and I'm wondering how the landscape changes if he doesn't die in 1998? I'm fairly sure that Owen would have remained a WWF lifer, but I think him still being alive would greatly impact the rest of the wrestling landscape. Maybe Jarrett stays with WWF for good, or even longer and never forms TNA. Maybe Bret and Vince reconcile earlier, and Bret doesn't lose his passion for wrestling and really makes a go of his run in WCW.

I've been watching a lot of Owen Hart lately, and I'm wondering how the landscape changes if he doesn't die in 1998? I'm fairly sure that Owen would have remained a WWF lifer, but I think him still being alive would greatly impact the rest of the wrestling landscape. Maybe Jarrett stays with WWF for good, or even longer and never forms TNA. Maybe Bret and Vince reconcile earlier, and Bret doesn't lose his passion for wrestling and really makes a go of his run in WCW.

I've always thought that Bret would have been leaps and bounds better in WCW if losing Owen hadn't happened.  I still don't think Owen ever would've won the WWF championship, but I think he would've been a solid upper-mid-card guy with occasional main event runs until he was ready to retire.  Just a shame that he was taken from us all :(

Owen should've gotten the belt, if even just for a week or 2, when he was constantly running in through the crowd and attacking Shawn and Hunter. If he sticks around long enough he probably ends up with it but that was when he should've won it.

Owen should've gotten the belt, if even just for a week or 2, when he was constantly running in through the crowd and attacking Shawn and Hunter. If he sticks around long enough he probably ends up with it but that was when he should've won it.

I agree.  Normally I'm not a fan of short, "shock moment" title reigns with the top championship, but that would've been perfect for it.  He wins it at Raw, and loses it at a PPV.  I always felt like Owen was never hotter than that time, except, of course, for the Bret feud.