DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

I've never bought the "humiliate Dusty" stuff. Tons of mic time, awesome entrance music, decent push for a 40+ year old guy. If Vince wanted to bury him, he would have. Or he would have never brought him in in the first place.

Dusty himself has said that Vince told him to have fun, and leave behind all the stress of running a company. And that he did at first feel that the polka dots were intended to be a rib , but he said "Have you seen the shit I wore in the Seventies? I'll get the polka dots over." And he did.
  • Like 1

Dusty had more charisma per pound than basically all but a few wrestlers in history, so he could get just about anything over.

One what if- what if Kerry,Kevin, and David Von Erich all got caught by the Texas Cops with enough drugs to land them each in prison for 5 years?

I assume their careers could recover, but World Class wouldn't, and might save some lives.

One what if- what if Kerry,Kevin, and David Von Erich all got caught by the Texas Cops with enough drugs to land them each in prison for 5 years?

I assume their careers could recover, but World Class wouldn't, and might save some lives.

We would have had Lance, Klaus and Rick Von Erich a lot sooner.

Fritz would have pinned the Freebirds with planting the contraband on his boys, and take up mail in donations from fans in order to fund the boys appeal and attorneys fees. This would have initiated the genesis of what Kickstarter would later become.

• Like 4

Bruce Pritchard had an interesting what if during his Guest Book interview on a big star coming to WWF in late 1997, early 1998 that I had never heard before. He says talks were serious, but who knows.

RVD was supposed to turn eventually right? Probably hurts Edge's push, he really benefitted from that feud. He doesn't main event SummerSlam, though he still seemed destined to ascend to the main event scene. I think the arrest hurt Sabu more, he wasn't sticking around out of usefulness as much as he was because he was an ECW guy.

Sabu only intended to stay long enough to work one Mania and get his uncle in the HOF.

The arrest helped him with Vince because Sabu took full responsibility and Vince respected that.

Bruce Pritchard had an interesting what if during his Guest Book interview on a big star coming to WWF in late 1997, early 1998 that I had never heard before. He says talks were serious, but who knows.

Hogan, I believe...they were close in talks with a Savage return at the end of 96 the year before.

He says Hogan's contract was up and there was talk of bringing him back at the end of '97, start of '98. I'd like to know when his contract was up and if it was up before Starrcade '97. Do you run Hogan vs. Austin with Tyson at WM? Where does Shawn Michaels fit in? Who has the title?

Well let's assume he comes back for the start of 1998, you still do Michaels retiring after the Austin match and maybe have Hogan return at Wrestlemania, with plans for either SummerSlam 1998 or Wrestlemania XV to run that match. WMXV could have used something to make it interesting if not good.

I remember the informer hinting rhe idea on JYD joining the Nation of Domination after Crush & Savio left. Him as a heel would have been shocking to see. Him coming in as Ahmeds buddy only to turn on him wouldve been a moment

• Like 1