DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Titanfall's coming out through the EA Partners program. All EA has a say in is the publishing and having the right to lock it into Origin instead of Steam. Everything else (creative decisions, economic model, maintenance) is on Respawn.

So if EA shuts down Origin in the next few years, yeah, there might be a problem. That is an exceptionally pessimistic expectation, though.

Like I've been saying, I'm just leery overall of owning any games that are online-only now.

My experience with MAG and SOCOM Confrontation's server shutdowns (considering I bought the games used years ago) have made me selective on that and I know I'm going to stick with single player focused games.

So I am sure that Titanfall will be excellent and I'm glad that EA has no part in handling the online, but it's just not for me.

Why would EA just randomly pull the servers on a AAA "sure to be a monster hit" game like this?

Because of EA being EA basically. They could leave the previous years' sports games online up ad infinitum, but they don't.

All i see is black boxes?

They are working fine for me (though the first video is on the dark side)

The Order 1886 was the game that interested me the most after that first round of announcements when the new consoles were announced. The write-up about in Game Informer helped too.

Of course - it will probably be 5 years before I play it

• Like 1

Ok, am I the only one looking forward to the new Stryder coming out on Tuesday?

I am looking forward to Strider. No idea what this Stryder is you're talking about :)

I'm downloading the demo now, which is almost 4 GB. Fucking lazy ass Capcom...

I somehow wasn't aware that there was a PS4 version of Strider, let alone a demo for it.  Downloaded that last night and will give it a shot.  Wasn't a huge fan of the original game.  I remember playing the much-hyped "8 meg!!!!!"* Genesis version of it and thinking, "That was it?  Really??!?"

* - remember the good old days of cartridge sizes and how they were always given in megaBIT form?  8 meg!  16 meg!  174 meg (Neo Geo, FTW)!  LOL, that always cracked me up.  Using a term no one with ANY technical experience would ever use.

I am looking forward to Strider. No idea what this Stryder is you're talking about :)

Its because the DL is the whole game.  

Played it, not bad.  Plays pretty good, takes a bit to get the hang of it.  When I get $15 to drop, I'll probably unlock the full version.

I caved and pre-ordered sick of truth...

should be a great swansong for the ps3...

I did too (though I'll be playing it on 360). I'm cautiously optimistic.

I was just getting ready to come in here and ask if anyone in the world besides me was excited about this game. I'm considering it the XBox's swan song, too. 

It's weird that I have a really bad feeling about it, considering the delays, but I still bet it'll be fun because of Obsidian. A South Park spin on a "Fallout: New Vegas"-type game? Yes, please.

Its because the DL is the whole game.

Played it, not bad. Plays pretty good, takes a bit to get the hang of it. When I get $15 to drop, I'll probably unlock the full version.

I thought it was ok. Probably would have liked it better if it was a straight action game like the arcade version.

I caved and pre-ordered sick of truth...

should be a great swansong for the ps3...

I did too (though I'll be playing it on 360). I'm cautiously optimistic.

I was just getting ready to come in here and ask if anyone in the world besides me was excited about this game. I'm considering it the XBox's swan song, too.

It's weird that I have a really bad feeling about it, considering the delays, but I still bet it'll be fun because of Obsidian. A South Park spin on a "Fallout: New Vegas"-type game? Yes, please.

I think you're expecting it to be much, much longer than it'll actually be if you're comparing it to Fallout. I'm expecting under 10 hours.