DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I can't stop playing this dumb ass game. Fuck me for being such a rube.

I may have to sever my hands if I actually pay money for any of these cards.

Just train your cards - then hit king of the ring. if you qualify you get some decent cards as well.

About two thirds of the way in to a tourney and I'm third. Starting to flag a bit on the boosts side, but I should have enough to be able to qualify.

I've been giving some thought to trying out either Dark Souls 2 (would it be necessary for me to play the first one?) and/or Risen 3 (again, should I play the first ones before?). Anyone care to offer an opinion? I've played and enjoyed The Witcher 2, Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning and Dragon Age (I'm assuming it's more in the vein of those as opposed to Skyrim) if that helps for comparison.

Go with Dark Souls II. I had heard that Risen 3 is pretty terrible.

Though I've owned it for awhile, yesterday was the first time I put any time into FTL. I can see myself pumping a lot of time into this. Absolutely brutal at times, even on easy, but it seems to be fair, at least.

I also started playing Marvel Heroes 2015. Click on stuff 'til it explodes and then gather the loot. Works with a Marvel skin just as well as any other, I guess. Heh.

Should finish Dishonored tonight. Might immediately restart and try not to leave so many bodies laying around...

It may not sound like much but I finally passed the test to level up my Warframe character from 0 to 1. I haven't decided if I absolutely suck at the game or if the tests are just hard as it took me 2 or 3 weeks to finally pass. The worst part is that a character can only make one attempt per 24 hours which adds a little pressure to not screw up and cost yourself a day. Only 29 levels to go :(

I think I messed up in Crusader Kings II by not marrying my kids off to other people inside of Ireland, because most of the Weak Claims I could press are way too far off to be remotely useful or possible. On the other hand it would have been tremendously helpful closer to home. Not sure a lot of the other local lords would go along with it anyway, though.

This is a strange game in that there can be immense chunks of time where absolutely NOTHING happens, and yet it's still totally engrossing.

It may not sound like much but I finally passed the test to level up my Warframe character from 0 to 1. I haven't decided if I absolutely suck at the game or if the tests are just hard as it took me 2 or 3 weeks to finally pass. The worst part is that a character can only make one attempt per 24 hours which adds a little pressure to not screw up and cost yourself a day. Only 29 levels to go :(

Shit like that is why I dropped that game... After spending about $100 on it...

It isn't bad I think I just needed to level up my main gun by playing levels on the various planets. I have beaten Venus, working on Mercury and Earth. Now it is not a game I am spending real money on, I will have as much fun as free will allow. It is a good primer for Destiny.

Just beat Uncharted 2. It was a good step up from the first which was already pretty solid. I loved the bigger story/adventure, Chloe, and I dug the new gameplay mechanics added. Not sure when I will get to the third game, but hopefully its just as fun for me.

Just beat Uncharted 2. It was a good step up from the first which was already pretty solid. I loved the bigger story/adventure, Chloe, and I dug the new gameplay mechanics added. Not sure when I will get to the third game, but hopefully its just as fun for me.

Take your time.  Uncharted 3 is a step down from the second game.  Still good, no question, but not on the level of the second.

Take your time.  Uncharted 3 is a step down from the second game.  Still good, no question, but not on the level of the second.

This is very true, but Uncharted 2 is on my short list of greatest games of all time.  Uncharted 3 is worse, but then again so is just about everything else. 

Take your time. Uncharted 3 is a step down from the second game. Still good, no question, but not on the level of the second.

This is very true, but Uncharted 2 is on my short list of greatest games of all time. Uncharted 3 is worse, but then again so is just about everything else.
My thoughts exactly.

Mass Effect trilogy is better than the Uncharted trilogy

You won't hear any arguments with me, but much like Mass Effect, the third game in the Uncharted series is fucking great, just not nearly as good as the all-time great second games. 

Uncharted 1 vs. Mass Effect 1 is a toss up.  Uncharted 2 vs. Mass Effect 2 is an all out slug fest that could go either way depending on the day.  3 vs. 3 goes to Mass Effect because Uncharted 3 isn't as good as 2, and doesn't (so far, I'm only half-way through Uncharted 3) have the whole culmination of shit that happened in two previous games wrapping up.  Basically, I didn't get as attached to the Uncharted characters as I did the Mass Effect characters.

Uncharted 1 vs. Mass Effect 1 is a toss up.  Uncharted 2 vs. Mass Effect 2 is an all out slug fest that could go either way depending on the day.  3 vs. 3 goes to Mass Effect because Uncharted 3 isn't as good as 2, and doesn't (so far, I'm only half-way through Uncharted 3) have the whole culmination of shit that happened in two previous games wrapping up.  Basically, I didn't get as attached to the Uncharted characters as I did the Mass Effect characters.

Mass Effect 3 wins because Mass Effect 3 was as good of any conclusion of any series, up until the very end.  It is the most emotionally engrossing game I've ever played and I'd have a hard time picking between two and three if it didn't shit the bed at the very end.  Mass Effect 3 may already be the most underrated game of all time, and it's not going to get any better as time goes on.  Uncharted 3 is just another really good game in a series of really good games. Mass Effect 3 is like going on one last road trip with your college friends, knowing you won't ever see them again.

Uncharted 1 vs. Mass Effect 1 is a toss up. Uncharted 2 vs. Mass Effect 2 is an all out slug fest that could go either way depending on the day. 3 vs. 3 goes to Mass Effect because Uncharted 3 isn't as good as 2, and doesn't (so far, I'm only half-way through Uncharted 3) have the whole culmination of shit that happened in two previous games wrapping up. Basically, I didn't get as attached to the Uncharted characters as I did the Mass Effect characters.

Mass Effect 3 wins because Mass Effect 3 was as good of any conclusion of any series, up until the very end. It is the most emotionally engrossing game I've ever played and I'd have a hard time picking between two and three if it didn't shit the bed at the very end. Mass Effect 3 may already be the most underrated game of all time, and it's not going to get any better as time goes on. Uncharted 3 is just another really good game in a series of really good games. Mass Effect 3 is like going on one last road trip with your college friends, knowing you won't ever see them again.

The mini-conclusions to the sideplots involving 1. The Genophage 2. The Geth vs. Quarian struggle 3. Miranda's daddy issues were so good, I'm forgiving of the very end. That stuff was always more interesting to me than the Reaper War anyway.

I only recently played Uncharted 2 (my friend told me to skip the first one). I enjoyed the exploring and puzzles but it got a bit too *pewpewpew* for me at times. Sully and Drake are great characters though, I can't believe that it hasn't been made into a film yet as opposed to murmurings of an Indianna Jones reboot

One of the downsides of my new phone is that i lost the version of Marvel Puzzle Quest. My ipad version was already synched to My FB account and before i realized i could have just made another account, my phone game got overwritten.

35 characters and 250+ straight days of logging in for bonuses gone. :(

On the bright side, i will now just have one game to play, alternating between devices.