DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Eat your vegetables you goddamned wimps.

deus ex is like people buying Dole brand bagged spinach and acting like they grew that shit themselves.

Oh my God assfax do something about these people. Please.

Have you actually played Deus Ex in the last few years?

A lot of the mechanics have aged absolutely terribly. Sorry if that wounds you deeply, I guess?

Since Fez is free on the PS4 for PSN+ members, I downloaded that and lost about three hours to it. What an extremely fun and enjoyable game.

I also had picked up Injustice on the PS4 when it was on sale for $8. I suck so hard at most fighting games, and Injustice is no exception, but the story mode alone is worth the $8. I'm about 4 chapters in.

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

Yeah Injustice is fun.  I've said it before, but Black Adam's entrance is the coolest ever.  Dropping in from outer space and just saying "I have returned." 

I walked into a big group meeting at work today and I really wanted to say that and then just walk to my seat. 

I logged into Steam today and like two thirds of my games simply weren't showing up at all and I couldn't get them to run.

So I went right to the "all time dumb tech help, step one" turn it off and on again and they all came back.

Let me tell you something, those five minutes where I was wondering where all my games went was hard, my friends. DON'T DO THAT AGAIN STEAM. Filing a bug report on this one, because that... shouldn't be happening.

• Like 1

And of course the wailing and gnashing of teeth against the evil Microsoft will be heard throughout the intewebs until XBone owners remind everyone that they won't be playing Killzone, Uncharted, or No Man's Sky anytime soon.

• Like 2

Well, let's be fair.  Uncharted and Killzone are Sony's IP.  Tomb Raider is Crystal Dynamic's, not Microsoft's.

Ie, I won't bitch that I don't get Halo and Forza because I don't get an XB1.  That's expected.

Well, let's be fair.  Uncharted and Killzone are Sony's IP.  Tomb Raider is Crystal Dynamic's, not Microsoft's.

And Sony wouldn't make tons of cash by making Uncharted and Killzone timed exclusives, even to a rival?   Of course they would, but the benefit of exclusive titles outweights the benefit of added revenue. 

This is why Microsoft bought the IP and the production staff to keep Halo exclusive to XBox.  The next step may be Microsoft acquiring CD and then XBox players wouldn't have to covet Uncharted.  They'd have their own adventure title native to their own console and CD could make schedule because they'd only have to develop for one platform.

As much of an X-Box fan as I am, I admit their first and second party games are a pretty weak lineup. There's obviously Halo, but then everything is a step down. What's the 2nd tier? Forza and Crackdown? Eh..... So doing this shit is absolutely necessary to move X-Box Ones. Hell, Titanfall is in the same boat, but no one minded that because it was the start of the series.

If only they'd bring back Crimson Skies!!!!!

P.S. Let Rare make a Banjo or Perfect Dark game, dumbasses.

Everone knows that XBox has a weak first and second party title catalog.... except for XBox. 

Hopefully this is a sign that they are wising up, but you can never count out Microsoft when it comes to having its head stuck up its own ass.

I tried to make a lineup for a Smash Bros-clone on an X-Box once.... it did not go well.

Time to wheel this jpeg out of the retirement home one more time

Microsoft+Smash+Bros..+Halo+at+it+s+best

I think someone is forgetting about Blinx the Time Sweeper!

picked up Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess from where i started playing it about 5 years ago. i haven't touched it since then. i have no idea what is happening, or what i'm supposed to be doing, or how i can stop playing as this damn wolf.

(thought i hit post but apparently i didn't. anyway, here's my thoughts a few hours later):

finally broke down and googled a walkthrough. apparently i was supposed to find some bugs and kill them to release the light power and turn back into Link.

i enjoy this game much more now than when i was running around as a wolf.

So has anyone played Rogue Legacy on the PS3, PS4 or Vita? I remember when it came out for the PC that it sounded like a really interesting game. I was wondering how it plays on consoles and portables.

This was brought up on this week's Giant Bombcast, but I never thought about it before...

So...Did it ever dawn on anyone that Mario Mario is just a plumber and not a fucking doctor? He has no medical license and yet he's acting like he's a doctor, handing out drugs and medicine to folks in the Mushroom Kingdom. 

This was brought up on this week's Giant Bombcast, but I never thought about it before...

So...Did it ever dawn on anyone that Mario Mario is just a plumber and not a fucking doctor? He has no medical license and yet he's acting like he's a doctor, handing out drugs and medicine to folks in the Mushroom Kingdom. 

How the hell do you know he's not a doctor?  Maybe he went to night school, pal.

• Like 1