DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Let's all imagine ways this could go horribly wrong for Fowler.  I'll start:

From Variety:

Insiders report that Warner Bros. insisted on replacing Colantoni with Rob Schneider.  Future Blu Ray releases of the original series will make the same replacement digitally to match up better with the film.

Oh I see he's just producing it, and they found some dutch fellow to direct it. That takes the edge off.

Diederik Van Rooijen directed that kickass Dutch thriller, Daylight, so I am actually somewhat stoked if he's getting a crack at The Birds.  He's mostly worked on television shows, so long form may not be his thing, especially if he gets a huge budget that may overwhelm him.

I imagine that Daylight will get some huge Hollywood makeover someday that will make it suck.

So, Enemy opens in theatres today, but I think it's only in the Toronto and NYC areas.

I have some Very Important Points to make about that movie, but it needs to be exposed to a wider audience before I start blabbing about it.  Maybe I'll go drag a friend to see it this weekend and then talk their ear off afterwards.

Speaking of, has anyone seen this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109275/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_49

It's actually and Allan Smithee film! (actually Rick Rosental of HALLOWEEN II).

I remember watching it when it was Fox's made for tv movie of the week.  Given that I'd have been around 13 at the time I don't remember much about it, but I doubt it was that good or anything more memorable than the standard syfy channel original.

Speaking of, has anyone seen this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109275/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_49

It's actually and Allan Smithee film! (actually Rick Rosental of HALLOWEEN II).

I remember watching it when it was Fox's made for tv movie of the week. Given that I'd have been around 13 at the time I don't remember much about it, but I doubt it was that good or anything more memorable than the standard syfy channel original.

There's a scene where a family flees from the birds in a rowboat, and the boat flips over, so the family (being only slightly less than retarded) gets under the capsized boat to breathe the air pocket created. The birds (being smarter than the family) begin attacking the boat, puncturing its hull with their beaks.

I sat back and watched the family staying under the capsized boat, hole after hole getting punched the fuck through the hull, and I said "BULLSHIT!" The second the first hole was made by a bird, the air holding the boat up would escape & the godDAMN BOAT WOULD SINK. I'm not one of these "movie goofs" assholes, but I do hate when shit happens in movies that takes me right out of the movie watching experience. Even a shitty film like Birds II.

Chadwick Boseman has made a sneaky grab at "person who has played the most famous people ever"

Jackie Robinson

James Brown

And he played Floyd Little in The Express. Floyd Little who is in the fucking Pro Football Hall of Fame and whose nickname was The Fucking Franchise (okay - I might have added the fucking part).

Yes, there is a joke in my family about how Chadwick Boseman, Terrence Howard, and Denzel Washington will eventually play every famous black man ever in history between the three actors.

Boseman will be filmed in green screen debating himself if there ever is a WEB DuBois / Booker T Washington movie.  Either that or Denzel will play one of the roles.  Howard won't be considered because he will ask for too much money.

Boseman has got eerie Christian Bale / Matthew McConaughey eqsue levels of ability to gain and shed weight.  He can be rail thin as James Brown or diesel as Jackie Robinson.

Yes, there is a joke in my family about how Chadwick Boseman, Terrence Howard, and Denzel Washington will eventually play every famous black man ever in history between the three actors.

Boseman will be filmed in green screen debating himself if there ever is a WEB DuBois / Booker T Washington movie. Either that or Denzel will play one of the roles. Howard won't be considered because he will ask for too much money.

Jeff Wright has to be up there: Basquiat, MLK, Howard Bingham, Colin Powell, Muddy Waters, and Bobby Seale. In addition, Valentin Narcisse from Boardwalk Empire is based on W.E.B. DuBois (although the UNIA affiliation would be Garvey). Just get him to do it.

Yes, there is a joke in my family about how Chadwick Boseman, Terrence Howard, and Denzel Washington will eventually play every famous black man ever in history between the three actors.

Boseman will be filmed in green screen debating himself if there ever is a WEB DuBois / Booker T Washington movie. Either that or Denzel will play one of the roles. Howard won't be considered because he will ask for too much money.

Jeff Wright has to be up there: Basquiat, MLK, Howard Bingham, Colin Powell, Muddy Waters, and Bobby Seale. In addition, Valentin Narcisse from Boardwalk Empire is based on W.E.B. DuBois (although the UNIA affiliation would be Garvey). Just get him to do it.

How can you two forget about Leon?? He portrayed David Ruffin and Little Richard.  He would (should) have been nominated for an Oscar for that David Ruffin portrayal if The Temptations wasn't a TV movie.  "AIN'T NOBODY COMING TO SEE YOU, OTIS!" is still one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

How can you two forget about Leon?? He portrayed David Ruffin and Little Richard.  He would (should) have been nominated for an Oscar for that David Ruffin portrayal if The Temptations wasn't a TV movie.  "AIN'T NOBODY COMING TO SEE YOU, OTIS!" is still one of my favorite movie lines of all time.

Yeah, he is basically the only reason to watch that long fucking movie now. That and the "Papa was a Rolling Stone" sequence. "My name is David Ruffin.... and THESE are the Temptations" is one of the top 10 movie dick moments of all time. 

Since we're on the topic, both Ruffin and James Brown dated Tammi Terrell. Both beat the living shit out of Tammi Terrell. The Temps movie touched on that. I wonder if they do that with the James Brown movie since it's a major feature film.