DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 16

Dolfan in NYC

For 3+ quarters, Tennessee/St. Louis was the dullest Super Bowl I can ever remember watching, but holy fuck the last 10 minutes of game time were great.

Its mandatory for my wife and kids to watch this game directly after every Rams loss (they've seen it a lot) while I do my best NFL films narration. Greatest day ever. We really should have been what New England was. 2000 both Faulk and Warner got hurt, 2001 the Patriots were damn dirty cheaters, and 2003 we lost in double fucking overtime to the Panthers in the playoffs. I tell myself we should have won it three out of four years Who knew 2003 would be our last winning season. 

For 3+ quarters, Tennessee/St. Louis was the dullest Super Bowl I can ever remember watching, but holy fuck the last 10 minutes of game time were great.

Its mandatory for my wife and kids to watch this game directly after every Rams loss (they've seen it a lot) while I do my best NFL films narration. Greatest day ever. We really should have been what New England was. 2000 both Faulk and Warner got hurt, 2001 the Patriots were damn dirty cheaters, and 2003 we lost in double fucking overtime to the Panthers in the playoffs. I tell myself we should have won it three out of four years Who knew 2003 would be our last winning season. 

It's going to be a long century.

Yeah the Broncos are the ones holding him out for that long is what I heard. He wasn't cleared this week and I think they decided to just shut him down so that way he's ready to go for the playoffs. Welker isn't near as important of a piece of this offense as he was the Patriots offense. He's nice to have there but they got Thomas for the redzone and Decker and D Thomas have been holding their own. The Broncos will still get bounced in the first round. 

I think only myself, jlsigman and maybe a couple others can truly appreciate the worthlessness of Jimmy Clausen.

Arguable as to whether or not he's the worst starter in Panthers history, however.

I can't rationally discuss that, because it's taken a lot of work to block those seasons out of my mind.

I think only myself, jlsigman and maybe a couple others can truly appreciate the worthlessness of Jimmy Clausen.

Arguable as to whether or not he's the worst starter in Panthers history, however.

Didn't Vinny Testaverde walk in off the street and start a couple games for them at one point?

So, the NFC North is crazy today.

IF Chicago wins and Green Bay wins, then the Lions are eliminated and next week will be a de facto NFC North Title game

IF Chicago wins and Detroit and Green Bay both lose, Bears clinch the division.

IF Green Bay wins then they have to beat Chicago next week to win the division, regardless of anything else that happens.

IF Detroit loses, they are out.

IF Detroit wins, Green Bay loses, and Chicago loses, Lions move back into first place.

IF Detroit wins, and one of GB and Chi-Town lose, then the Lions can get in with a win last week, and the one of the other two that lost this week winning next week.

The division may be terrible, but the division title race is awesome.

Although the best scenario for the week is that if the Jets, who are already mathematically eliminated, lose, then the Steelers are eliminated, because Pittsburgh's only path to the playoffs is a multi-team tie that includes the Jets.

One of the more fun scenarios (for me), is if Miami wins out, New England loses out, the Colts lose once, and Baltimore loses next week...  Miami ends up with the #2 seed.

Yeah, I don't think it's happening at all, mainly because we're probably losing this week to the stupid Bills.  Ugh.  hate football. 

I think the Lions win, Bears win and Packers lose.

Man, that would leave me possibly rooting hard for Green Bay next week.  That would be weird.

I *think* if the Jets tie, Steelers are out.  I think they need to Jets to win both games and some other things to play out just right to force a 4 or 5 way tie that they would have the tiebreak in.

Ed Werder (of course) is reporting that their is a concern in the team locker room that the players basically know that if they don't win out - Jason Garrett and the entire coaching staff is getting blown out so that is adding extra pressure (as I guess the implication is that the players really like Garrett

Of course - Werder is also reporting that Tono Romo and DeMarco Murray basically hate each other - so who knows