DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Releases

Not an upcoming release but a potential release:

Take-Two has filed a new trademark for its open-world classic Bully (aka Canis Canem Edit) which covers "video game programs and software," among other things.

The trademark application, sent on July 25th, will protect "computer and video game programs and software; downloadable digital materials, namely, wallpapers, screensavers, digital music files, and graphics, videos, films, multimedia files, live action programs,

While this could just be Take-Two protecting its brand, it opens the door for speculation on a possible sequel to the original, which was developed by Rockstar Vancouver (since disbanded) and first released on the PlayStation 2 back in 2006.

Credit: ign.com

Yeah! Bully/Canis Canem Edit is Rockstar Games most underrated game.

I was JUST talking with my brother about how awesome that game was and how I'd love to see a sequel even though there will never likely be one.  I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high...but it would be so good.

• Like 1

The verbal masturabation over specs is retarded.  If powerful consoles have shit catalogues, then they are shit consoles.

The games are what really matters.  As long as the newest gen consoles render at a decent rate, don't crash that often, and don't have ungodly load times, I don't give a fuck if they have and crank starters.

Any console that gives me a hard RPG sequel to Jade Empire, Star Ocean, Mass Effect, Phantasy Star, or Skies of Arcadia is going to get my business.  If playing those games means owning both consoles, then i am going to eventually own both consoles.

The verbal masturabation over specs is retarded.  If powerful consoles have shit catalogues, then they are shit consoles.

The games are what really matters.  As long as the newest gen consoles render at a decent rate, don't crash that often, and don't have ungodly load times, I don't give a fuck if they have and crank starters.

Any console that gives me a hard RPG sequel to Jade Empire, Star Ocean, Mass Effect, Phantasy Star, or Skies of Arcadia is going to get my business.  If playing those games means owning both consoles, then i am going to eventually own both consoles.

Unfortunately, I don't see either console focusing on sequels to games like the ones you mentioned. I see more of a focus on open world games at least at first.

Here is the DedSec (read: Anonymous) trailer for Watch_D0gs

Logic is a terrible thing.  I shouldn't have watched all of the Watch_D0gs trailers.  Adrian Pierce goes into situations wearing a mask to keep his anonymity, but in the trailers, everyone seems to know who he is.

If that's the case, why the damned mask at all? 

In the "DLC IS THE RUIN OF ALL GAMES" department, it has been leaked that there will be a separate mission / weapon / clothing DLC pack called the Signature Shot.  Aiden will match wits, fists, and bullets against a street gang smuggling a shipment of bio-metric trigger Assault Rifles.

If you complete the mission, you get to keep one of the weapons for yourself and you get a skin for Adran's signature outfit only in Black Viceroy colors.  There is also the Expert Driver Pack included with some pre-orders that give you three or four high=performance vehicles in your starter garage.

I am hoping that Pierce's associate, Jordi Chin, resembles Dustin Nguyen on purpose.

BEYOND:  Two Souls comes out on October 8th for the PS3.

Impressive voice cast (Ellen Page, Willem Dafoe), music (Hanz Zimmer is one of the composers) and brought to you by the gang that gave you Heavy Rain.

With the PS4 coming out in less than two months, I am trying to figure out what I want to get at launch. I currently only have FIFA 14 preordered and will probably get either Madden or NBA2K14 as well (leaning NBA).

I did want to get one "non-sports" game. I plan on getting The Order: 1886, but that is not a launch title.

Which of these titles would be worth getting?

Call of Duty Ghosts (Haven't bought a Call of Duty game since Black Ops because I suffered from burn out and mediocrity, so this seems like a good time to give it one more chance.)

Killzone: Shadow Fall (I played the original on PS2 and didn't care for it. I have heard the PS3 games are really good. Plus, all of the DLC will be free).

Watch Dogs (With GTAV taking up a lot of time, do I really need to get another Sandbox game?)

I'm going to be consumed with GTA V for quite a while myself but I'm still looking forward to Watchdogs and have preordered that myself.  While it's a sandbox game I don't think it's going to be the same type of experience as GTA really.  I have Killzone preordered but I'm going to switch that over to Battlefield 4.  Not bothering with COD because I'm burnt out on that series at the moment. 

The Killzone games for the PS3 are great.  If you like FPS's, you'll like the new one, I'm pretty sure.  It'll be a great-looking game and lots of stuff will blow up.

I think of the three you listed, I'd get Watch Dogs.  That one seems to have the highest ceiling of awesomeness of the launch titles.

I'm in the same boat as you - I'm probably getting a PS4 and I am undecided on which titles to get.  I want AC4 but think I might wait for the inevitable Ubisoft discounting.  Ditto for Watch Dogs.  So I dunno :)

My plan is still "when I happen to be in the store and they happen to have them and happen to be running 18 month financing at Best Buy" regardless of how much I want Infamous and want to get the PS4 version of Watch Dogs.  

That's a good plan, one I might follow myself.  I've got a system pre-ordered from Amazon but might decide to put it off for awhile, catch up more on my backlog, and pick up the current gen games I'm dying to play (Rocksmith 2014 being foremost).

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of Rocksmith 2014....

Ubisoft released the track listing

Aerosmith – Walk This Way

Alice Cooper – No More Mr. Nice Guy

Alice In Chains – Stone

Arctic Monkeys – R U Mine?

Avenged Sevenfold – Bat Country

Bob Dylan – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door

B’z – ultra soul

Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me

Deftones – My Own Summer

EarlyRise – Wasteland

Gold Motel – Brand New Kind Of Blue

Green Day – X-Kid

Iron Maiden – The Trooper

Jack White – Sixteen Saltines

Kiss – Rock and Roll All Nite

La Sera – Love That’s Gone

Magic Wands – Black Magic

Mastodon – Blood and Thunder

Minus The Bear – Cold Company

Muse – Knights Of Cydonia

Nirvana – Heart Shaped Box

Oasis – Don’t Look Back In Anger

Pantera – Cemetary Gates

Paramore – Now

Paws – Sore Tummy

Queen – We Are The Champions

R.E.M. – Losing My Religion

Radiohead – Paranoid Android

Ratt – Round And Round

Red Fang – Wires

Rise Against – Savior

Rush – The Spirit Of Radio

Screaming Females – Rotten Apple

Slayer – War Ensemble

Splashh – All I Wanna Do

Tak Matsumoto – GO FURTHER

The Dear Hunter – Stuck On A Wire, Out On A Fence (Orange)

The Kinks – You Really Got Me

The Rolling Stones – Paint It Black

The Shins – For A Fool

The Smashing Pumpkins – The Chimera

The Who – My Generation

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers – Mary Jane’s Last Dance

Weezer – Say It Ain’t So

White Zombie – Thunder Kiss ’65