DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Releases

I think people have been mumbling about that for a couple weeks now.  I'm really torn on it; on the one hand, I've never played a bad Telltale game (caveat: I have not played Bone: The Great Cow Race) and I'm glad that Walking Dead raised their profile so much and made them so much money.  On the other hand, the fact that they're doing all this super high profile stuff means we'll never get another Puzzle Agent game or Sam and Max season, or the Hit the Road remake I'd been hoping for ever since the Monkey Island SEs.  

So anything interesting at VGX yesterday? I just found a recording of the live stream on YouTube and it's 4 hours long. I'm not watching that.

Pretty disappointed The Last of Us didn't win Game of the Year.

EDIT: Hahaha, I just found out the only thing Nintendo did at the show was announce Cranky Kong as a playable character for DKC:TF. That's hilarious!

So anything interesting at VGX yesterday? I just found a recording of the live stream on YouTube and it's 4 hours long. I'm not watching that.

Pretty disappointed The Last of Us didn't win Game of the Year.

EDIT: Hahaha, I just found out the only thing Nintendo did at the show was announce Cranky Kong as a playable character for DKC:TF. That's hilarious!

You really didn't miss anything.

The only interesting announcements were Telltale Games are doing two new game series: Game of Thrones and Tales From Borderlands. Hey Telltale, what about finishing The Wolf Among Us and releasing The Walking Dead Season Two first?

Also, Hello Games (the people behind Joe Danger) are doing a game called No Man's Sky that looks really interesting. It's a first-person shooter with exploration and space combat. Based on the reveal trailer, it's pretty much what a lot of people had in mind for a next-gen Star Trek game.

Broken Age (from Double Fine) also looks intriguing and harkens back to LucasArts' glory days with Secret of Monkey Island and Full Throttle.

The VGX were fucking miserable. Despite Joel McHale being awesome.

There was this insane segment with these 6 random rappers talking about GTAV that has to be seen to be believed. So fucking terrible.

Other than that, just you standard "This game is so good you'll meet have to leave your parent's basement" jokes that, for some reason, they think gamers will find funny.