DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 15

Dolfan in NYC

Maybe he can get us that one of those elusive playoff wins that Matt Stafford has ...oh nevermind.

They don't even pay Stafford to be shitty, They're just paying Megatron to bide time until he turns on Stafford just like AJ did to Schaub.

I actually credit Romo with two playoff wins since the one year he got the Cowboys a bye in the first round. Remember when the Lions had a bye?

Yup, I sure do. They beat the Cowboys that year.

Did they have a bye that year? It's hard for me to remember since I'm 34 and that was when I was in the sixth grade.    

I actually credit Romo with two playoff wins since the one year he got the Cowboys a bye in the first round. Remember when the Lions had a bye?

Did they have a bye that year? It's hard for me to remember since I'm 34 and that was when I was in the sixth grade.    

They did.  Bye, beat the Cowboys, got absolutely murdered in the NFC title game by Washington.

They did.  Bye, beat the Cowboys, got absolutely murdered in the NFC title game by Washington.

Worst loss: 45-0 loss to washington or barry getting minus yards in loss to packers.?

For me personally, the Washington one, because I was young and innocent and that was more or less where I learned what being a Lions fan means.  (Well, that, and the next year when Dallas won the Super Bowl and the Lions were terrible...)

The home loss to Philly when Mitchell, coming off a legit MVP-caliber season, threw 978 interceptions before getting yanked for Dan Majowski who threw 312 more hurt a lot too.

I actually went to that NFC Championship game.  Young Justin was a Redskins fan until Snyder bought and turned it into a trainwreck

The Frerotte and Johnson years were mostly forgettable. The team was 'ok' but never a contender. The Ramsey years were an abomination. Brunell was alright but past his prime. I never felt Campbell was a terrible QB and still don't...   Really it's just been a long 20 years for Skins fans.

Shannahan won 2 super bowls in Denver, and that probably still carries some weight, but he did it with John Elway and Terrell Davis, and his success without the two of them (Elway retired right after the second Super Bowl and Davis was hurt, iirc, 4 games into the next season and was never truly healthy again) has been limited, at best. 

The Texans are an interesting choice, given that their just fired coach, Gary Kubiak, was Shannahan's OC in Denver, and Kyle Shannahan used to coach on his staff in Houston, working with Schaub during his good years.  If they were to bring Mike Shannahan in, they would have significantly less changes in their basic offensive system than you generally get with a new head coach, but, really, they might want some pretty major changes there, given how this season has gone.

He might be better off just calling it a career, collecting the money Snyder will still owe him, and getting one of those cushy studio jobs, and waiting around to see how his HOF case plays out down the road.

Joe Gibbs might be the best NFL coach ever, btw.  Winning three Super Bowls without ever having anything that resembled a great QB...

Fuck a Joe Gibbs.  One of those Super Bowls was from the 9 game 1982 season and another one from the 15 game scab season.  Those two are tainted wins.  I only give him credit for one Super Bowl and even a shit coach like Barry Switzer could win one.  Joe Gibbs was no Bill Walsh.  If nothing Bill Walsh turning the 1979 2-14 San Francisco 49ers into Super Bowl champs 2 years later is astounding.  Especially when you consider the Niners traded away their 1st round 1st overall pick in the 1979 draft for the remnants of OJ Simpson