DVDVR Message Board

2013-14 NCAAF: Goin' Bowling

Dolfan in NYC

What about it? I think it was a fairly reasonable assertion before the game. They had lost one game on a once-in-a-lifetime type of play.

I mean, obviously, they weren't 48-10 better than OU, or whatever May's crazy score was, but yeah. It's easy to sit here in The Future and say, "How ridiculous!" but, it really wasn't that ridiculous based on all the empirical evidence we had at the time.

"What about it? I think it was a fairly reasonable assertion before the game. They had lost one game on a once-in-a-lifetime type of play"

A team cannot be the best in the nation if it just lost its previous game. Doesn't matter if it was by 50 or a Hail Mary or the daffiest ending of all time. It lost

You know all this means is that everyone will be really high on Oklahoma heading into next season and they'll crash and burn.

Congratulations, you've just described about ten of OU's last fourteen seasons. 

I even live here and I'm not an OU fan, but after the 79th Katherine Webb shot after the fumble and the camera eventually going to Adrian Peterson celebrating like he had money on the game, I got really happy.

What about it? I think it was a fairly reasonable assertion before the game. They had lost one game on a once-in-a-lifetime type of play.

I mean, obviously, they weren't 48-10 better than OU, or whatever May's crazy score was, but yeah. It's easy to sit here in The Future and say, "How ridiculous!" but, it really wasn't that ridiculous based on all the empirical evidence we had at the time.

I think the secret to OU's success in bowl games is convincing Bob Stoops that everybody thinks his team sucks.   It just seems like when they are the favorite, they die a death.  But when they are heavy underdogs, they have something to prove, and they kill.

• Like 1

Ok, I couldn't watch more than a minute of that bullshit, but did duder hold back the entire time and not hit that woman? If that's the case, good on him. It just seems like a recipe for something really awful to happen and it would be nice if the guy didn't take that as an invitation to throw down with a woman.

Yep, didn't swing at her even once.  Not even when she was trying to kick him in the head. 

He would have been totally justified in decking her.