DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 3/6 - 3/12/2024 - The Last Great American Dynasty

He should wear matching gear with the Bucks, for the heel heat.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, zendragon said:

you know I think The Mystery of The Devil was the greatest WHODUNIT? since who shot JR!

Hide contents

SOMEONE SHOT JIM ROSS

?Kevin Kelly 'fired' by AEW after ex-WWE announcer's social media rant  accusing Ian Riccaboni of sabotaging career | The US Sun

Seriously if AEW needed a conspiracy theorist with minimal product knowledge Jesse Ventura's disembodied head was right there

It’s sad that we’ve gotten to the point where we look back nostalgically at the time when the crackpots believed in benign conspiracies.

4 hours ago, Gorman said:

I keep a spreadsheet of all of the major promotions with the wrestlers' hometowns, weights, and signature maneuvers. I shared it with the new announcer for New Japan (Walker Stewart). We gotta help each other out!

That’s awesome.  I always smile when Schiavone calls a newer move or a Lucha move by it’s actual name.

• Like 1

Schiavone still loves the Full Armdrag and Twist though.

• Like 2

IMHO Rampage was a solid B-show last night. B-shows can be good too, and we need B-shows. 

I hope they continue going somewhere with Saraya and Ruby Soho's feud. Saraya's segment was one of her more effective heel promos, and I got a kick out of setting her feral brother on hapless bystanders. I also had a drink going up my nostrils moment when Ruby said, "You and your inbred family are going to get what's coming to you!" Ideally, this should lead to some sort of mixed tag match with Saraya and Zak Knight vs. Ruby and Ang on PPV or some such.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

I can't get over Saraya's brother looking like the lost child of Colt Cabana and Brody King.

I get a Killer Kross vibe from Saraya's brother. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

IMHO Rampage was a solid B-show last night. B-shows can be good too, and we need B-shows. 

I hope they continue going somewhere with Saraya and Ruby Soho's feud. Saraya's segment was one of her more effective heel promos, and I got a kick out of setting her feral brother on hapless bystanders. I also had a drink going up my nostrils moment when Ruby said, "You and your inbred family are going to get what's coming to you!" Ideally, this should lead to some sort of mixed tag match with Saraya and Zak Knight vs. Ruby and Ang on PPV or some such.

That match would be fine for Zero Hour before a ppv.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I get a Killer Kross vibe from Saraya's brother. 

Yeah that is the going opinion now.  Although nobody is sure if Harley or Saraya is the Scarlett of the group.  Either being compared to Kross is NOT a compliment 

Danielson sure likes to open, doesn't he? This one reminded me almost exactly of the match Taylor had with someone else a couple months back... I wanna say Moxley? One where he hit that southpaw lariat like he was Stan Hansen. It was pretty much the same formula but if you have a formula I like then bring it to me, let's have seconds. If you're doing it with Danielson then it will really really work well, and of course it does. Tony does a funny cut-off of the end of Nigel giving a Smokey-from-Friday "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!" Dragon vs. Bruv... well, just don't injure him any further, please.

Poor Eddie has to lay there motionless holding his head for like an hour, then just gets up and yells at the Elite. I know they're trying to get Okada over but I guess I'll make the complaint I've always had, but never spoke on: it's just a clothesline. 

Looks like Trish is in the "lose/lose/lose/win finally" position now. Really expected Toni to give the award to herself but no. Her '30s burlesque dancer costume was inspired.

One of these days Luchasaurus is gonna take off his mask, "SLAVE" is gonna be written on his forehead like Prince (since the other two have titles on their shirts now), and beat everybody's ass. 

Titan looked good but man, when you come down like a bullet from the sky directly into somebody's midsection, they need to stay down. Fucking Jericho. 

Kinda only half-watched the rest. Fire but no blood? Lame. This one wasn't my fave but at least we got that first match.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The rainmaker is a great move to end a long battle of attrition it’s not great as a move to keep someone down after one hit, there’s a reason it was kicked out of so much. The landslide or tombstone would be better for angle situations 

• Like 6

I love the full time additions of Ospreay and Okada. I feel like they give everything a big time feel. 

The main event was a lot of fun. Maybe I'm just a sick bastard, but I was hoping Julia was going to set Sonjay ablaze. The most surprising part of the main event? Jeff Jarrett proved Mark Briscoe could trust him. 

• Like 3

Does "Titan" mean something different in Spanish than it does in English? Because that's a heck of a ring name for somebody who looked to be shorter than Chris Jericho.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Does "Titan" mean something different in Spanish than it does in English? Because that's a heck of a ring name for somebody who looked to be shorter than Chris Jericho.

You know how Lucha gimmicks tend to be passed on, from one Wrestler to another?

Chris Jericho's CMLL debut was:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

You know how Lucha gimmicks tend to be passed on, from one Wrestler to another?

I do, but I thought their status as a successor was indicated by their names. Like "Titan Jr" or "El Hijo del Titan". Is that less of a hard-and-fast rule than I thought?

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

Chris Jericho's CMLL debut was:

Thanks, but I'll note that the Titan linked to here was apparently 5'9". Was there an even earlier Titan who was titanic?