DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

14 hours ago, The Great ML said:

Plot twist: it’s his own.

Lmao talk about a lob over the plate - well done.

This is probably going to be a little repetitive in terms of discussions had on earlier pages, but catching up on this NYP story, I keep thinking back to some of the insight Gregg and others gave and some of the great conversations a bunch of us had about media literacy and that sort of thing early into this breaking - like, this article may as well have had Vince or his attorneys name on the byline, right?

Like, I'm almost guffawing out loud at the of the idea of he/his team so nakedly obviously planting an article that emphasizes 1) giving away puppies and kittens rescued from overseas!!  2) maintaining contact with top WWE stars Rock and Cena, and 3) subtly planting the seeds for a 'total witch hunt' defense by mentioning his friendship with Don Trump.

Whoever mentioned this the other day: the cats are so the new neckbrace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

As Peck said in the main thread and my dumb ass posted in the wrong thread, the FTC just banned non-competes with that nullifying all prior ones. The US Chamber of Commerce is gonna sue though for a reason someone will have to explain to me (probably just your typical deregulation bullshit) so there'll be a fight. 

Anyway that has better placement on this thread than the main one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

As Peck said in the main thread and my dumb ass posted in the wrong thread, the FTC just banned non-competes with that nullifying all prior ones. The US Chamber of Commerce is gonna sue though for a reason someone will have to explain to me (probably just your typical deregulation bullshit) so there'll be a fight. 

Anyway that has better placement on this thread than the main one. 

I’d guess the Chamber of Commerce represents businesses and their interests in this late stage capitalism hellhole.  I’m frankly surprised any agency tried to pass a ruling that might harm The Job Creators (hallowed be thy names).  Go after wrestling’s BS independent contractor shit next please and thank you.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

So this was passed along party lines (shocker) in the FTC.  It's not something that was ratified by congress or anything like that, and could change based on the next elections.  So it's a little shaky.  Get out of your non-compete-based jobs while you can!

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

So this was passed along party lines (shocker) in the FTC.  It's not something that was ratified by congress or anything like that, and could change based on the next elections.  So it's a little shaky.  Get out of your non-compete-based jobs while you can!

it isn't set to take effect for 120 days, so don't put in your notice yet!

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dragonzombie said:

I’m probably at serious risk of being doxxed if I share what exactly my function is, but in real life I file arbitration A LOT.

In addition to the obvious (private hearings as versus a public trial) there are, in my opinion, three other crucial reasons why Vince and his team would prefer this case be heard by an arbitrator:

1) Arbitration awards, to my knowledge, usually expire after a stipulated amount of time depending on the jurisdiction and dispute forum. If the filing party (Grant) isn't able to collect from the respondent (Vince) within that period, and also isn't able to have the validity of the award confirmed by a higher court order in that period (which is often difficult not only due to the legal costs,  but also because judges don't like to step on arbitrators’ toes since many, if not most, are retired judges or prosecutors themselves) then guess what?? She gets nothing. A judge doing so has definitely happened a couple times in my specific field, but this is a much, much different animal.

2) Again, depending on the forum, there's also a strong likelihood that Vince’s team would drag this case out F O R E V E R - the arbitration discovery process is not really what it is in the court system; It's more of what I would describe as a ‘tit for tat’ kind of thing. Unless there is an agreed upon time limit when parties enter into the agreement to arbitrate, or some other statutory limitation wherever this is heard (it may not necessarily be Connecticut due to the interstate stuff, but we’ll see what Vince's team argues) then he could easily just try to wait out the clock, and keep throwing shit at the wall (pardon the phrasing).

3) Arbitration awards, to my knowledge, can't be enforced outside of wherever the dispute forum has jurisdiction (unless Vince were stupid enough to agree to international arbitration). So hypothetically, Vince could lose, and immediately flee to Antigua on the Sexy Bitch without any mechanism for her to collect, while he just, again, waits it out on the beach

This would not be a good thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Not gonna lie, "Flee to Antigua on the Sexy Bitch" might be one of the greatest things said on this board.

I had to check to see if SD Jones was dead or alive. (Died in 2008) 

27 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Flair complained about Rufus R. Jones, not SD Jones.

I believe it was the Counting Crows who wrote a song about old Freight Train, was it not?

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yeah, SD has been gone for a hot minute. 

In heaven, Special Delivery wins all his matches. 🙂

That raises interesting questions. Who are the jobbers in heaven? I mean, if SD is winning, somebody must be losing, right?

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

god knows the job guys are important. His son was a carpenter. 

...We had a wrestling garbageman. Why was there never a wrestling carpenter? Was Taker technically a carpenter since he handmade coffins? And why did it take him like three months to make one coffin? 

Wait...what was Hard Work Bobby Walker's occupation*? 

*Besides blowing high spots...