DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Sounds like Atlanta wanted Bill Belichick the head coach, but they weren't interested in hiring Bill Belichick the General Manager or Bill Belichick the CEO.

10 minutes ago, Raziel said:

And NFL network I'm watching at an airport bar in MSP says ylthat Atalanta has hired Raheem Morris.

This most certainly was written as if you were in a bar

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This most certainly was written as if you were in a bar

Sad thing is I'm not even drinking, that's just my fat fingers on a phone keyboard.

Excited for Jason Kelce’s Wrestlemania moment with the Miz or Baron Corbin in a few months

edit: even without the news from yesterday, i'd think there's be about zero chance that they're getting Taylor Swift in the building for Wrestlemania, but it would be a solid in-joke for them to show Travis and the mother in a skybox reacting to Jason Kelce doing stuff vs wrestlers.

Edited by Cobra Commander

4 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Excited for Jason Kelce’s Wrestlemania moment with the Miz or Baron Corbin in a few months

edit: even without the news from yesterday, i'd think there's be about zero chance that they're getting Taylor Swift in the building for Wrestlemania, but it would be a solid in-joke for them to show Travis and the mother in a skybox reacting to Jason Kelce doing stuff vs wrestlers.

Is John Zandig still alive/promoting?

Also apparently some reporters have indicated that Johnson's salary "demands" scared some teams off

Take that for what it is worth

Although he seems to veer into "look how clever I am" territory a little more than I'd like, Johnson has been great for the Detroit offense. Detroit will be stacked again on offense next year and that's great news. Maybe add one more wide receiver, get a full season from JaMo, yeah, I'm liking how that shapes up for next year. 

Edited by Tabe

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also apparently some reporters have indicated that Johnson's salary "demands" scared some teams off

Take that for what it is worth

There was that one report a few months ago that said that one of the reasons Johnson didn't get a real offer last year was because he was asking for too much, although he and his agent denied it a day later...

Ben Johnson is definitely taking a risk. We've seen before when a OC or DC was "hot" and many teams wanted them, and after a cold year suddenly there was no interest. If he wants to stay with the Lions, more power to him but I hope if HC is his eventually goal that he doesn't get passed over for the next hot coordinator.

Course, every year it seems there are 6 to 8 coaching jobs open so as long as the Lions offense stays hot, he'll get another go at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

LOL. Literally no one other than Washington - maybe - will care about this. It will have zero effect on his ability to get interviews or jobs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dogwelder said:

TBF, Washington was coming to interview both him and Aaron Glenn and are expected to still interview Glenn.

As far as Glenn goes, his players love him but the defense wasn't very good, especially the second half of the season. Some of it is talent, they desperately need a second pass rusher opposite Hutch and general improvements in several spots, but I'm not sure why he's considered much of a candidate this year. Feels like, of the two, Glenn is the one that could use more time as a coordinator.

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Pittsburgh will hire Arthur Smith as their OC. 

(lol)

The only people happy about this is the Falcons not having to deal with and the 3rd and 4th string RB and WR who will get more work now 😖

• Like 1