DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/1 - 1/7/2024 - The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

56 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Heyman can spend a couple of weeks cutting promos against Aldi's," This is an amazing autocorrect. Now I want Heyman standing by the carts cutting a promo and someone interrupts him asking if they can have a quarter for the carts.

which builds to Stone Cold making his return to defend Aldi's while cutting promos on the size of Trader Joe's parking lots

• Like 2

We need a cool nickname for the springboard rope-lift assisted dive.

It's not technically correct, but I think we should call it the the tope con yeet-lo.

Ricochet and Jake Paul are looking at that going "Why didn't we think of that!"

• Like 1

AUD is trading at 68 US cents, I'd be shocked if the money is found to make it happen. I fully expect him to make an appearance here (he's usually here every 1-2 years filming a movie on the Gold Coast), but doubt they're doing Rock/Reigns here.

I wonder if they'd consider a tag match at Mania to cover the aforementioned issues with Rock being able to work a decent Mania standard match.

Rock and Jey Uso against Roman and Dominic Torretto please.

Lyra/Blair was good, one of the better showings both women have had in NXT. Dug how Blair's missed knee into the table played into the finishing stretch and her selling in general. The post match brawl with Lola, Elektra, and Tatum was fun.

LWO vs. NQCC was good. Much of this was just a great showcase for Cruz and Wilde, but everyone played their parts well and that rope launch the LWO pulled was amazing and something no one will forget. 

Roxanne/Arianna was pretty solid. Loved the post match with Roxanne losing her shit to the point where the ref reversed their decision of her victory. Roxanne having anger issues is an interesting direction to go, and I just love how Arianna reacts to everything in her matches and segments. She is decent in the ring but is pure character and plays it so well.

Tiffany/Fallon was good stuff. The two have excellent chemistry and play off of each other well in the ring. Disappointed Stratton lost though if only because the promo vid before served once again as a good reminder that Fallon was the asshole who started this feud. Still both women's reactions post match were perfect.

Oba/Riley was decent. Dug the finish with how Oba went into to beast mode.

Trick/Waller was solid. Owens making the surprise appearance at the end to mess with Waller was neat.

Pretty solid with the women's matches, Trick/Waller, and 6-man tag all delivering to varying degrees. Not sure what was the best between Tiffany/Fallon, Blair/Lyra and LWO/NQCC, but all three are well worth checking out. Thought the segments were pretty solid as well. I continue to like the Lyra/Tatum relationship. Its creepy and some of the better character building both women have gotten the past year. Jacy taking charge in the Chase U story was amusing to see, and I look forward to seeing where it heads. The build to the Dusty Cup was nice to see and I like Bron/Corbin and Frazer/Axiom joining in.  Fun show overall.

• Like 1

AJPW news again.

Charlie Dempsey had a good match with Nakajima, Charlie got some cheers from the crowd 

Spoiler

Nakajima won and retained the Triple Crown

Respect between the two happened after the match.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steventon said:

Re Priest - would the logical option not be for him to cash in RAW after WM on Rollins or Punk?

Was there a kayfabe reason he didn't cash in on Rollins after he pinned Drew on Monday?  Is there some rule where he was ineligible because he sort of fumbled the initial cash-in attempt?

So, taking from Bully Ray a little here for a second, before Cody Rhodes finishes the story, the chapter of Legacy must be completed by slaying The Viper, the very jacked Viper?  Philly is a notoriously ruthless crowd, if they run Rhodes-Reigns II, it wouldnt shock me that the crowd (which would be from all over the world, but philly would be  represented strong here) would boo Cody and cheer Reigns.  So instead you get The Rock/Reigns with the crowd cheering Roman, Roman besting Hogans streak as Champion, Punk/Rollins, Orton/Rhodes, The Usos Collide, The Beast vs The Ring General, maybe Bad Bunny and AJ Styles.  I think that is a helluva stacked lineup for the Showcase, and that Rhodes To The Top documentary becomes a 3 hour epic and finishes at WrestleMania 41 (Or The Bash for Dusty or SummerSlam).  That takes a lot of patience to pull off, and would that feel like too long of a wait?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Could also give the big celebrity match spot (whatever it ends up being) to Cody as well. Those are as “main event” as anything else is these days. What’s Antony Starr up to.

Stephen Amell vs Antony Starr in a Bullrope Match.

Kidding aside, I do feel that if Cody is removed from the Roman title match, he needs to pivot to something that continues the Story (more Brock, less Nakamura).  Would Dustin be back in WWE by then? 

1 hour ago, worldcupfever said:

Was there a kayfabe reason he didn't cash in on Rollins after he pinned Drew on Monday?  Is there some rule where he was ineligible because he sort of fumbled the initial cash-in attempt?

Nope he was just stupid.  

(What it actually appeared to be, was he was too injured from one (1) attack from a tired Drew McIntyre.  While Dom, who's entire job is to take these beatings, just stood there like a moron.)

• Like 1

I'm holding out a little hope that we are headed for the traditional 'Mania that ends in a 0' ending with a work rate underdog winning the big one in the main event. Bret, Redacted, Danielson, and now maybe Zayn? I know, they've cooled him off and the Bloodline has moved on without him plus the returns have crowded the top of the card, it's a total long shot but that's the fun of (fake) sports

Also, I've been assuming that Rollins stays champ and that Punk/Rollins would be for the belt but that's not necessarily true, they could run that feud without a title. Rollins costs Punk the Rumble and Punk costs Rollins the title in Perth, something like that. If they go that route it really opens up who could win the Rumble

16 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

finally a move that combines a tope and being shot out of a cannon

That looked fuckin' crazy and is quite the spot to start off the year. 

Not getting the Russian (as I have taken to calling him to myself) pissed me off though. He was announced on the channel description and it felt like a total bait-and-switch. Perfectly fine match, but it was still worked around that bogus fake injury and, well, it wasn't Ilja.

EDIT: One more thing -- I never ever ever thought I'd say this but Corbin cracks me up every time I see him now. It really feels like he's come into his own after all this time. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

17 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

finally a move that combines a tope and being shot out of a cannon

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie...

There's a very real world where he overshoots all of those idiots and ends up going through the entrance ramp face first.

"Joaq on the Wildside"?   Hmm... gimme a few I can do better.