DVDVR Message Board

AEW - DECEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

As a guy who doesnt go on Reddit or x, is there so far anything more to this story than a hack “journalist” making some vague allusion on a podcast (literally called innuendo and rumour) and someone liking a tweet?

If more comes out, more comes out, but so far that’s a low bar. If there’s more to it, can someone fill us in?

• Like 1

I read all this on Twitter as a bunch of people recently found out what an NDA is and are now convinced Kylie Rae signed an NDA after being Weinstened by Jericho. So much fantasy booking its sickening. Especially after Kylie went through and seemingly has conquered her personal issues.

• Like 2

Anyway now that I've been snarky, here's my thoughts.

All Hausman did was stir up a hornet's nest aimed squarely towards Kylie Rae, from people assuming she's made an accusation that she hasn't made (at least not publicly, anyway).

If she decides to make an accusation, she will. If she decides not to, she won't. Presuming that what people say happen happened, if she's moved on with her life, so be it. That's her choice to make and I don't think it's right for people to dredge that up because they have axes to grind about other things.

Chris Jericho shouldn't be on the show tonight because his character is stale and at the moment he's not very good at wrestling, but that's neither here nor there.

NDAs don't prohibit you from reporting crimes, either.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

My reason for believing he should be pulled is purely pragmatic, and the muted reaction to the 8 man in the Buy-In suggests to me the crowd knows something - but they're not going to clearly so it is what it is.

I agree she has not directly made the accusation, and that a NDA has limits. But if, very hypothetically, someone can't substantiate that criminal activity, civil tort sexual harassment or misconduct took place then they may not meet the bar for whistleblower protection. I imagine. It will be interesting to see what Hausman has asked Steve New about this.

Edit: FWIW The Speak Out Act does not apply to an NDA that is part of a settlement. This may or may not have relevance to the matter at hand. But it is possible that she can't make the accusation directly, & the heart tweet aligns with that.

Edited by StretchMediatedHypertrophy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

All Hausman did was stir up a hornet's nest aimed squarely towards Kylie Rae, from people assuming she's made an accusation that she hasn't made (at least not publicly, anyway).

If she decides to make an accusation, she will. If she decides not to, she won't. Presuming that what people say happen happened, if she's moved on with her life, so be it. That's her choice to make and I don't think it's right for people to dredge that up because they have axes to grind about other things.

This right here.

From what I remember from that time Kylie had some personal issues and she was quietly let go from AEW. No leaks. No innuendo. The company did a good job not highlighting the issues/demons she was facing. For people to use that discretion to imply it was for something henious based on some off hand remarks and emojis is irresponsible and dangerous. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hang on, we are going into a new year and we’ve still yet to establish that Hausman and sorts are nothing more than gutter trolling, click bait breeding scumbags with no right being anywhere near legitimate sports media? Back when I was doing this it was factual, historical based discussion and debate from people who knew and understood the business. The internet has a lot to answer for I tell you 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, matwarz said:

Hang on, we are going into a new year and we’ve still yet to establish that Hausman and sorts are nothing more than gutter trolling, click bait breeding scumbags with no right being anywhere near legitimate sports media? Back when I was doing this it was factual, historical based discussion and debate from people who knew and understood the business. The internet has a lot to answer for I tell you 

How anyone finds him credible on anything AEW-related knowing the relationships/sources he has is a bit baffling.

Obviously, the responsible thing to do is to wait for more information - but my God, the way people were talking last night during the show, I expected something way more concrete/substantial (which certainly could still be coming - who knows?)

As of now, this was barely even worth addressing. It'll be a bigger deal now because of the scrum (which really at this point should be quietly retired. This isn't the NFL, nothing good ever comes from them)

• Like 1

I know this is going to come off like Tony Khan bashing but when you DO get asked a serious question at the scrum. take your fucking wig and sunglasses off.   He better hope nothing serious happens and this was just Hausman being a whore for attention and CM Punk because that visual is going to haunt him forever

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I know this is going to come off like Tony Khan bashing but when you DO get asked a serious question at the scrum. take your fucking wig and sunglasses off.   He better hope nothing serious happens and this was just Hausman being a whore for attention and CM Punk because that visual is going to haunt him forever

I'm going to very generously use the term 'fanboy' to describe my consumption of AEW - no blind spot on my bias/markdom there -  but candidly, I did not love that at all. Fucking at all. Hence my earlier post on scrapping these all together. I don't wanna bash Khan either - he gets piled on enough by the wider internet (in wrestling and in football/futbol). The limited interaction I ever had with him here and elsewhere lifetimes ago were cordial enough. But he needs fucking media training or something. Or, again: just drop these. No good - absolutely none - has ever come from them. It was cute early on when everything was roses and "Haha holy shit he's gonna be talking about Portland with Dave 'til 2 AM!" But Brawl Out and this thing last night has shown something's gotta be done in this regard. And again, im speaking purely optically here: this is to say nothing of how the actual thing was or wasn't handled, if it even happened, if it's 100% true or half true or total bullshit from a bad faith actor, whatever the case ends up being.

Edit: To Hammer's point about the visual, I submit this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/s/7ZqtkgTXcw

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

well that match with Jericho was a dumpster fire as I expected and it shouldn’t have happened.

Imagine if Omega didn't get diverticulitis!

As is they've now got to decide if they're actually running 'Le Sex Gods' vs Starks/Billiam for what appear to be the second most important tag belts in AEW.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StretchMediatedHypertrophy said:

As is they've now got to decide if they're actually running 'Le Sex Gods' vs Starks/Billiam for what appear to be the second most important tag belts in AEW.

The name Le Sex Gods certainly hits different nowadays

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It probably hasn’t helped matter that Kylie has apparently “liked” some of these tweets about the Jericho nda stuff. I’m not on the app anymore but I’ve seen it several places.

I don’t think Jericho escapes this unscathed.