DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

10 hours ago, Infinit said:

Hope to make it to Revolution next year for Sting's final match.

It's probably the longshot to end all longshots, but I'd absolutely lose my mind if Revolution were from the Arthur Ashe (TK teased us with a little 'Would you guys like to see a PPV here someday?' schtick at Grand Slam).

This is just me being selfish and badly wanting to be in the house, though; the logical places for Sting to hang it up would probably be somewhere in California, where it all started, or in Atlanta for obvious reasons. There's probably a 'Sting retired against his will in New York once already' joke in here somewhere.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

the logical places for Sting to hang it up would probably be somewhere in California, where it all started, or in Atlanta for obvious reasons. 

Probably an unlikely location just because of stature, but Greensboro could make sense to acknowledge him "starting" at Clash 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, worldcupfever said:

Probably an unlikely location just because of stature, but Greensboro could make sense to acknowledge him "starting" at Clash 1.

Great call. I should've just put Atlanta 'or the Carolinas' as sort of a WCW/Crockett blanket statement - but yeah, exactly the kind of thing I was going for there.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Enjoy, JLowe. You going now, Niko Baltimore?

After giving it some thought I'm going to pass.  I love Okada and I'm sure it'll be fantastic to see him.  But while the drive isn't that long to Philly the drive back and getting up early is a deal-breaker for me.  Plus I do mean it when saying I'd rather wait for Collision.

Besides, I have been fortunate in my time to have seen greatness.  Just in Supercard of Honor in 2018 I saw Ishii, Ibushi and Tanahashi.  Then at the first Grand Slam Rampage I saw Suzuki which was pretty epic.  So you know what?  I think I'm good, y'all.  Whoever's going have fun and I hope the loss last night doesn't dampen the energy too much.

Oh, and to Zakk's point if they ever do a PPV for Arthur Ashe I will immediately get tickets.  Doing Dynamite there is great and all but that place needs an epic PPV.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

After giving it some thought I'm going to pass.  I love Okada and I'm sure it'll be fantastic to see him.  But while the drive isn't that long to Philly the drive back and getting up early is a deal-breaker for me.  Plus I do mean it when saying I'd rather wait for Collision.

Besides, I have been fortunate in my time to have seen greatness.  Just in Supercard of Honor in 2018 I saw Ishii, Ibushi and Tanahashi.  Then at the first Grand Slam Rampage I saw Suzuki which was pretty epic.  So you know what?  I think I'm good, y'all.  Whoever's going have fun and I hope the loss last night doesn't dampen the energy too much.

Oh, and to Zakk's point if they ever do a PPV for Arthur Ashe I will immediately get tickets.  Doing Dynamite there is great and all but that place needs an epic PPV.

Hope you get a Collision and Arthur Ashe PPV. You and Zakk are right that there needs to be one.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

As if you would actually go. 😉

Big, big difference between a Collision on a Saturday night and a Dynamite on a Wednesday night. I'd like to see the Danielson farewell tour. I might even take the 11 year old who knows nothing about any of this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JLowe said:

If there was a Baltimore Collision, there could be an old school style Road Report

I'm not sure how I would fit in but doing that in Dean's honor would feel oh so right.

48 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I'd go to a Baltimore Collision.  I can't believe the building I started going to for wrestling shows in 1986 is still around.

I try not to hold grudges but I hold a grudge for CFG's "renovations" like Drew holds for a certain Bay Bay (or Natural for Penta but you get the idea)  The building might still be there but I was so put off by all they did to it.  I mean yeah times change and things need to be done but that's a big ol' pile of "No, thank you" to me.  Still would be worth it to see Collision or a PPV though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm not sure how I would fit in but doing that in Dean's honor would feel oh so right.

I try not to hold grudges but I hold a grudge for CFG's "renovations" like Drew holds for a certain Bay Bay (or Natural for Penta but you get the idea)  The building might still be there but I was so put off by all they did to it.  I mean yeah times change and things need to be done but that's a big ol' pile of "No, thank you" to me.  Still would be worth it to see Collision or a PPV though.

I just found pics online and wow, they really did remove any character the place had. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I just found pics online and wow, they really did remove any character the place had. 

I'm not from the area but obviously know the building from TV and have to agree - you could always tell it was that building by the ceiling, kinda like the ceiling at Scope in Norfolk, or like that weird gray wall opposite hard cam at the old New Haven Coliseum in CT when the WWF ran it all the time. Arena homogeny is a really shitty thing, and not just in wrestling - whichever of you guys were talking about the LA Forum earlier in the week got me thinking about old Laker games and how the Staples Center is pretty much just another building now. It's kinda sad in an odd way.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm not from the area but obviously know the building from TV and have to agree - you could always tell it was that building by the ceiling, kinda like the ceiling at Scope in Norfolk, or like that weird gray wall opposite hard cam at the old New Haven Coliseum in CT when the WWF ran it all the time. Arena homogeny is a really shitty thing, and not just in wrestling - whichever of you guys were talking about the LA Forum earlier in the week got me thinking about old Laker games and how the Staples Center is pretty much just another building now. It's kinda sad in an odd way.

Like MSG with the middle entrance in the crowd. I miss that.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

you could always tell it was that building by the ceiling,

Exactly!  Pics I saw show a flat black ceiling.  The stage is also all black, as are the walls.  Is that the finished state?  They took a place that had some character and made it into a fucking Lazer Tag arena. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Gonna repost this here in case people are avoiding Rampage spoilers in the TV thread: our car died so we can't make it to Collision tomorrow, if anyone wants two tickets PM me

That sucks, man. Hope it all works out

• Thanks 1