DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 8/7 - 8/13/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Since we previously set the metric at -45 minutes of BLOODLINE I want someone to actually count the amount of time on Raw. This includes entrances and the footage from the camera staring at whoever the hell they've decided to put in the booth now (remember, we got a shake-up coming) if they are rattling on about BLOODLINE. Stopwatches can be paused when they change subjects. 

EDIT: See, you can do it for free on Google! stopwatch - Google Search

Edited by Curt McGirt

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Since we previously set the metric at -45 minutes of BLOODLINE I want someone to actually count the amount of time on Raw. This includes entrances and the footage from the camera staring at whoever the hell they've decided to put in the booth now (remember, we got a shake-up coming) if they are rattling on about BLOODLINE. Stopwatches can be paused when they change subjects. 

EDIT: See, you can do it for free on Google! stopwatch - Google Search

Bloodline stuff will likely still just be limited to SmackDown.

Damn that sucks. Maybe if they actually kept them on actual tag teams this might happen less? Nah one of the KCs or Fyre & Dawn would probably still end up injured. 

Hope they try to do something interesting to crown new champs like using the women's Dusty Classic, but on Raw and Smackdown as well as NXT.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nofuture said:

Poor Sonya.  I think those tag titles might be cursed:

6-9 months, potentially more. Bayley was out over a year. An injury everybody dreads for how long it puts you out for. Those belts are so cursed. Get well soon.

The 4-way was fun and nice showcase for all involved. Was happy to see Gable get the hometown victory.

Reed/Nakamura built into something pretty solid overall and a good clean win for Nakamura. That was much needed if they want to rehab Nakamura a bit.

The Becky/Zoey segment was fine. Was nice to see it used to lead into a Shayna/Zoey match. Thought the match was generally solid if a bit long. Was good to see Shayna actually get over a bit with the crowd. Its sad, but this probably did much more for her than the match with Ronda did aside from the victory itself.

Kaiser/Otis was decent while it lasted. More about the angle with the Gunther run in. As much as i'm looking forward to the Gunther/Gable rematch I have to admit I kind want to see Gunther/Otis nearly as much.

The Miz/Knight segment was kind of good. Miz was fired up and delivered a pretty good speech. His attacks were probably better than Knight's though Knight being as over as he is meant the crowd did not care. They loved Knight too much to give Miz props. This is the first feud on the main roster that feels like it could actually have some legs for Knight. 

New Day vs. Viking Raiders was a welcome surprise and solid all around. Its good to see New Day back though a part of me wishes they were aiming for singles gold as much as tag gold. 

Dug the pre-match attack from Raquel on Rhea, the pull apart, and general brawl with Candice and Indi getting involved. Judgement Day vs. Cody/Seth/Nakamura was another fun match all around. Sami coming in to help out at the end was a nice surprise. The post match attack from Nakamura was expected but welcomed. It feels like a fresh feud for both Seth and Shinsuke. 

The stuff with JD and Candice/Indi getting involved with Judgement Day business makes me wonder if they actually expand the group before putting in an actual breakup. Wouldn't be the worst idea given Survivor Series is coming in just a few months. Be it a traditional match or War Games, focusing on Judgement Day would probably be the best move. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 4

Was a little distracted by ramen during Ali/Axiom, but I loved what I caught of it, especially the finish. I like how they haven't fully leaned into Ali as a heel in NXT. He is way too over for this specific audience to hate outright, but moments like he had here definitely help tip the scales a pinch when needed. 

Blair/Jordan was a decent showcase for Jordan. The post match with Dana trying to beat Blair with a belt was amusing. Going to be annoyed when Dana somehow wins against Blair next week though I'm kind of hoping she loses and beats up Jordan as a result.

Dar/Bate was good. Was pleasantly surprised Bate actually won. Dug the backstage segment later with Meta-Four trying to get the Faux-Cup back along with setting up Dar/Frazer.

Bron/Wagner was fine. The post match table powerbomb was neat with the candy flying.

Briggs/Jensen vs. Gulak/Charlie was solid. Liked how Kemp came into play at the end. He should work well with Dempsey and Gulak. 

Ivy/Kiana was decentif a bit long. Wish Ivy got a bit more in though I guess they wanted to push the new more aggressive side of Kiana. Though the Schism stuff leading up to this and the post match was fine.

Dom/Dragon was good stuff. Dom was so damn good at being a sleazy prick. Dragon brought some great offense and general fire as a counter. The finish was simple solid. This NA title has been great for Dom so far. Feels like he is able to showcase even more with each match. He may not be a great moves guy, but he has so much character and knows how to use it to make up for a lack of big action. Kind of hope Dragon Lee is the guy to dethrone Dom at a big NXT PLE in the future. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

Yes, I like how they are chalking up Ali's dick move to "veteran presence" even though I am not sure how you accidentally lucha foul Axiom.  Ali's fingers were almost all the way up Axiom's nose in the effort to get the mask off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yes, I like how they are chalking up Ali's dick move to "veteran presence" even though I am not sure how you accidentally lucha foul Axiom.  Ali's fingers were almost all the way up Axiom's nose in the effort to get the mask off.

Only thing that sucked was that Axiom spent 1-2 minutes untying the back of his mask before that spot so it kinda gave things away that that was where they were going.

• Like 1