DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Wow...people in Florida get in trouble for showing their guns? I thought it was a free for all down there lol

Must have had a Biden sticker on the back of his car.  Or maybe the police officer watches AEW and was extremely offended by CM Punk choice of shirts

• Haha 6

Just now, For Great Justice said:

Not to downplay it but I had no clue that was justification for aggravated assault. Especially in Florida. In Georgia Arn calls this “Tuesday”.

I honestly kinda figured it was gonna be something like this based on the wording - if he'd discharged the weapon, or like, pistol whipped them or something, you'd probably see that reflected.

29 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

For the purposes of the upcoming show in England, Cash Wheeler will be replaced by Pound Wheelour

This is it. Shut it down. We're not going to do better than this.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Obviously, it's a taped show so we'll know the results, but it's going to be weird to have All In at noon and Collision later that day at 8.

Wait, I thought All In was Sunday at noon???

Sunday, 8/27, 12:00 PM, EST for clarity.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Wait, I thought All In was Sunday at noon???

Ok, that makes more sense then. You're right. Both All In and All Out are Sunday. That gives me a chance to actually catch a good chunk of Collision before the PPV at least.

Edited by Matt D
  • Thanks 1

I’m not sure how strict the UK is with things like this, but as it stands right now - Cash didn’t have to surrender his passport and can travel pretty much anywhere that’ll have him.

15 minutes ago, Casey said:

I’m not sure how strict the UK is with things like this, but as it stands right now - Cash didn’t have to surrender his passport and can travel pretty much anywhere that’ll have him.

That's what I was getting at before - without a conviction, my assumption is that I don't even think they would have any 'official record' of the incident

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Not just flashing a gun at someone in traffic, but just….why the fuck would this doofus need a gun within reach while driving in general?  

Eh, that one's understandable - I think it's pretty reasonable for anyone with even a small bit of 'fame.' You never know if some weirdo is going to have a mental break over a tweet or promo or something. Certainly not encouraging the behavior, but the mere possession isnt anything to me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StevieNippz said:

Cash can go ahead and wheel himself out of AEW as far as I'm concerned. Threatening someone with death because of road rage is psychotic behavior. Strip the titles and find some new opponents for the Bucks at All In. 

While I understand (and don't disagree) with your stance, Wheeler is entitled to due process like anyone else in the U.S. - I think he should work the match and continue to work unless/until convicted. This is not like a thing of me being a fan or wanting the match either, Id be saying this if he was an iron worker, insurance adjuster, dentist, whatever - I believe it's wrong to punish someone professionally for the mere accusation of something that occurred off-premises, off-the-clock, when they've yet to be even tried for it.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, StevieNippz said:

Cash can go ahead and wheel himself out of AEW as far as I'm concerned. Threatening someone with death because of road rage is psychotic behavior. Strip the titles and find some new opponents for the Bucks at All In. 

It's all alleged at this point. And it wasn't serious enough for Cash to have surrender his passport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Eh, that one's understandable - I think it's pretty reasonable for anyone with even a small bit of 'fame.' You never know if some weirdo is going to have a mental break over a tweet or promo or something. Certainly not encouraging the behavior, but the mere possession isnt anything to me.

I guess I sort of get that but my point is, what’s the law in Florida?  Where I live (MD), you can’t just drive around with a loaded gun in reach.  I remember when we’d go to the range here that the law was not only did your gun need to be in a case in the trunk, it STILL couldn’t be loaded.  Your ammo needed to be in a separate container.

Edit: I looked it up.  Even in crazy-ass Florida, where a loaded gun can be in the “cabin” of a car, it still needs to be secured and not readily accessible by the driver.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1