DVDVR Message Board

August 2023 Wrestling Discussion

6 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

So you're not the con artist of the same name from Manchester, NH who took money from my friend then?

My mistake

Full apologies

That guy fucking sucks

So... when I locked the AEW thread, I really did have to catch a ferry.   And wouldn't you know it, I caught it.  But!  It was a decently nice day today and the boat got full.  So full in fact, that when we got to my partner's stop, they told him  "The boat is at capacity, you'll have to wait for the next one in 30 minutes."   Well, I wasn't gonna sit there and leave him at the ferry stop.  So I got off and we walked to the subway and took that home instead.  Of course, doing all that leaves one tired and just wanting to get this unpleasantness dealt with ASAP.   

So, what I'm saying is I should have looked to see what else was posted in the meantime.   

Because there's trolling... and then there's accusing someone of a crime.  So...  

rusev.gif

Don't let your ass hit the door on the way out.    

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

6 minutes ago, Goitre said:

You make this more and more the DVDVR Echo Chamber when you do that.

bro it’s a forum about wrestling like who fucking cares if it’s an “echo chamber”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

It should be pointed out that nobody has been banned for loudly disliking this thing or that, they’re getting tossed for being wildly out of pocket. 

I am not going to continue to harp on this since the people way above my pay grade handled this already, but Mr. 3000 wasn't having a banner day even by his standards. There is disagreement which happens all the time here on just about everything but even using the word strange undersells it. We tolerated A LOT.

1. I don't know if you want to insinuate people are trying to commit self-harm with no evidence. I dunno how he managed to spin that into "Fuck that bully CM Punk". That's true David Copperfield shit. There are many reasons to potentially dislike CM Punk or Phil Brooks or AJ Lee's husband or whatever you want to call him so you don't have to create reasons out of thin air and then tie it to a serious issue like self-harm.

2. Unrelated, DEFINITELY unwanted political discourse which has been a no-no for like ten years here. That Sarah Huckabee Sanders thing for example from weeks back was weird cause that came out of NOWHERE. Yes, as a black guy who hasn't voted in the general U.S. presidential election in more than a decade, you can obviously tell I am one of the nine or so conversative African-Americans in the entire country. It's me, Alan Keyes, Colin Powell, that ugly looking ex Milwaukee police chief who looks like a diseased French bulldog that was on Fox News after every major police shooting involving black people, Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas, Herschel Walker, Ben Carson, Condie Rice, the phone snitch meme dude, and that pizza guy who tried to run for president...wait he's dead I think. So we're down a person. I'm taking applications then. There is a sign up sheet in the back. Mind you, there is obviously a $300 application processing fee. Sorry, no refunds. All sales are final.

3. I'm guessing, judging by Dolfan's reaction, the FINAL FINAL FINAL straw was the whole bizarre "I am not going to doxx you but I probably could because you MIGHT on a 0.000000000003% chance be some guy who took my friend's money". Even eliminating that doxxing thing, which ya know... is a big deal, why are you cyberstalking people HERE? Moreover, just like everything he posted besides shit that wasn't video game sales or weird political machinations that he set up himself so he can "win" an argument, he provided ZERO proof of it. Then was like, "oh, you're not the guy....MY BAD". What?!?! Even if it was the same person, what was the plan of attack? He was going to get banned for admitting he was probably going to "expose" this person here. On this forum. What it's online for the public to see. Where people have access to his IP address if he isn't using a VPN. That other people run using their hard earned money and don't want to be caught up in your cyber crime spree. That was going to definitely result in a ban had he even attempted that.

Yeah, he had to GO.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Be glad nobody did. Do you really want Limp Bizkit stuck in your head?

I maintain the most bad ass music video I ever seen was a MMA music video on Sherdog.com set to Limp Bizkit's Take a Look Around for the Golden Glory camp in the Netherlands featuring a pre steroided up, horse meat eating Alistair Overeem. 

The second was a music video from some random Dream MMA show in Japan set to one song and then switched to Led Zeppelin's The Rover midway. Now that was wonderful.

I'm sincerely gonna miss ol Dolphman.  This place can definitely get echo chambery for sure, but I suppose you gotta take out the trash from time to time

I secretly suspected he might be Lasto for a minute there, especially with some of his AEW takes vis-a-vis Tony, but I think he was just a listener aping what he thought would rile people up

On a related note, I miss the political board.  I also miss Polish Bob Stupak and some of the other old heads, but that's another conversation

• Like 2

Dream hasn't ran a show in over a decade, but their Youtube is still active. What in the world?!

ANYWAY I FOUND OTHER ONE! God bless Youtube and Japan being beyond American copyright.

OH YEAH MOTHERFUCKING SHIBATA CAMEO! WHAT'S UP!

• Like 1

What’s the deal with horse meat? I always see that mentioned about Overeem.

I remember staying up reallyyyy late on the weekends when I was like 18-20 or something and watching DREAM. Gegard Mousasi and Badr Hari were my dudes.

EDIT: weird, I thought Badr Hari was in DREAM more than he actually was. I don’t think I ever watched K-1 stuff, but maybe I did if it was on HDNet.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

It should be pointed out that nobody has been banned for loudly disliking this thing or that, they’re getting tossed for being wildly out of pocket. 

1) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwNZC8VWAAAEkxo?format=jpg

2) I've never understood the phrase "out of pocket". I always thought it meant to be broke, but apparently it means to go crazy?

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

What’s the deal with horse meat? I always see that mentioned about Overeem.

I remember staying up reallyyyy late on the weekends when I was like 18-20 or something and watching DREAM. Gegard Mousasi and Badr Hari were my dudes.

EDIT: weird, I thought Badr Hari was in DREAM more than he actually was. I don’t think I ever watched K-1 stuff, but maybe I did if it was on HDNet.

They a super big deal out of his diet containing horse meat to the point where it became a meme. It's the same with HBO 24/7 showing Juan Manuel Marquez drinking his own urine to rehydrate himself (I am guessing it was Mayweather's return). Same with Lyoto Machida not too long afterwards in the UFC. It just grew the mythos of PED Ubereem that Michael Schiavello created calling his fights as you mentioned on HD Net and whatnot when he was smashing people in MMA and kickboxing. Honestly, that is what got him to the UFC. I mean Alistair had been fighting as a professional since he was a teenager as this Dutch kickboxing prodigy. In that video above, that was made right around when that song came out so he couldn't have been more than 23 or 24 years old. If that. He was probably younger. He was 6'5" or 6'6" and skinny as a rail. You can also see in that Golden Glory music video at the very beginning, his older brother Valentijn Overeem was way bigger than him and had a more notable career compared his younger brother at the time (he has a win over Randy Couture, which is one of the oddest footnotes in MMA history). Alistair was a good fighter when he was really young with some potential, but he was just a high level fringe contender at best. Then he hit the HGH hard right after PRIDE FC died in 2007 and became an absolute monster and had muscles in places where people don't have places. If someone told me pre 2007 that Alistair Overeem who was barely over 200 pounds for most of his career would physically dominate someone like Brock Lesnar, I would think you're huffing paint. But hey, he had a good cocktail of PEDs to be successful enough to parlay that into a bunch of MMA and kickboxing paydays over the next fifteen years. I am not a "LET EM ALL TAKE STEROIDS" guy especially since TRT IMO led to a bunch of awful double standards, but Japan and some of the U.S. organizations that ducked legit testing let that persist. It's clearly a cause and effect. 

But yeah, a bunch of people like myself use to stay up and watch up those shows until 6 or 7 in the morning. That was fun. Then the cards started sucking. Oh well, I do miss that time.

• Thanks 1

For the non combat sports fans

Teenage baby Demolition Man Alistair Overeem from 2000 at age 19.

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEmCOADEOgC8quKqQ

UBEREEM (age 31) the day before he fought Lesnar.

ufc141_weighin_032.jpg?VersionId=pKl4_p6

If Alistar didn't hate pro wrestling, Vince would have signed him. 

Now that I think about he was suppose to be on that card in the UK with the artist fka Nia Jax and all those other folks who had just been released. That's when I knew it wasn't going to happen. If you don't have Overeem's money which wasn't going to be less than high low six figures to mid six figures, he ain't showing up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Goitre said:

People who don't like echo chambers. Sorry, people who don't fucking like echo chambers.

Yes, when I think echo chamber, I think people who are most likely to own a copy of "The Best of Ice Train on WCW Pro". Very hive minded people, we are.

I am not sure what it has to do with Dolphman cause as already mentioned, he did a bunch of stuff that could qualify as a ban worthy offense. Admins gave him a lot of leeway when they didn't have to.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2