DVDVR Message Board

2023 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

Gonzo

Well, the Matt Shepard era was... Something that happened for five years?

(Of course, Shepard only got the job after the previous commentary team got into a physical fight and both are fired years back.)

So Charissa Thompson for some dumb reason decided to tell us that some of the time he is just making shit up on the sidelines of NFL games.   I guess your level of outrage is based on whether you care about sideline reporters to begin with.   But saying out loud is pretty stupid while still employed. 

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So Charissa Thompson for some dumb reason decided to tell us that some of the time he is just making shit up on the sidelines of NFL games.   I guess your level of outrage is based on whether you care about sideline reporters to begin with.   But saying out loud is pretty stupid while still employed. 

Here is the clip

https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/1725147205827252330?s=20

It is going over about as well as you would expect with her colleagues

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but isn't Charissa Thompson one of those people that nobody in the industry really likes but nobody was willing to say it out loud (until now, obviously)?

But yeah. . .this doesn't seem like the best way to go about remaining employed.

I'm not surprised by this at all. Coaches are either openly hostile or dismissive 90% of the time during sideline interviews.  I'd be more surprised if a sideline reporter didn't make shit up some of the time. Not to mention the fact that I've been watching sports my entire life and the only sideline interview I remember is Joe Namath asking to kiss Suzy Kolber.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Remember when Sports Illustrated was the peak of sports journalism?  

Me, neither.  But still...

SI responded to this and said the articles in question were done by an outside vendor (you know the type that says You'll Never Believe How Beautiful Kane's Wife Is!).  SI says that vendor said all they're articles were written by humans, but even a cursory glance at the company (AdVon) says their entire business model is "AI solutions for media".  

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

SI responded to this and said the articles in question were done by an outside vendor (you know the type that says You'll Never Believe How Beautiful Kane's Wife Is!).  SI says that vendor said all they're articles were written by humans, but even a cursory glance at the company (AdVon) says their entire business model is "AI solutions for media".  

You'll be shocked to learn that the SI Union is pissed about this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let me save some of you the effort because I was too dumb not to click...

The reason you see Jason Whitlock trending, is because he doesn't know how targeted ads work and he thought he had a dunk on ESPN for a particular banner ad he had show up.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Let me save some of you the effort because I was too dumb not to click...

The reason you see Jason Whitlock trending, is because he doesn't know how targeted ads work and he thought he had a dunk on ESPN for a particular banner ad he had show up.

Counterpoint: click because it's hilarious how dumb Jason Whitlock is.