DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23 - WEEK 18

Dolfan in NYC

it probably wouldn't matter much but the Dolphins probably would prefer a Sunday or Monday playoff game compared to a shortweek Saturday game

guessing the lineup is gonna end up being

• Los Angeles/Jacksonville - Saturday
  • Miami/Buffalo - Sunday
  • Baltimore/Cincinnati - Monday

depending on what the schedulers think about "low" local ratings in LA vs "low" local ratings in Miami. Jacksonville going on Saturday in week 18 might mean they go on Saturday again. Bills and Bengals would be bigger gets for the other two days

Edited by Cobra Commander

On 1/6/2023 at 5:16 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

Need to put some money in my fanduel so I can bet Under on the MIA/NYJ game, that game is gonna suck.

I don't gamble, but when I read this, I felt tempted to open some account on one of those dumbfuck sites I hate.

Now I hate myself for not taking the easy money; the line was THIRTY-SEVEN.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Baltimore/Cincinnati - Monday

There is only one MNF playoff game and the NFL doesn't hate America so much that this would be that game

(Most likely it would be Dallas/Tampa with GB/Minnesota as the 2nd choice - if Green Bay makes the playoffs)

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There is only one MNF playoff game and the NFL doesn't hate America so much that this would be that game

(Most likely it would be Dallas/Tampa with GB/Minnesota as the 2nd choice - if Green Bay makes the playoffs)

I guess they can't put the NFC games on 3 different nights due to the possibility of a Saturday/Monday winner matchup in the next round. So two NFC on Sunday and one on Monday, and 2 AFC Saturday and one Sunday?

Bengals/Bills is very likely to be a second round matchup and I guess they could go on the same day in the wild card round to make it seem fair (even if the Bengals could have been hosting the game if not for youknow).

If I were a coach I would have used my automatic scoring play some time before week 18 in reverse tank scenario. But say the conspiracy is true. When asked about the draft pick Lovie should say “f^%# the draft pick.”

The Bills haven’t lit it up against middle of the pack teams down the stretch. They’ve just took care of business and I think they’re still 1 of the main contenders. 

If anything seems rigged to me it’s the Packer and Lions. They don’t have the Rams and Packers on nationally and they don’t even have the live score up in the corner with the others. They must already have it planned for the Packers. 

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Dallas clearly doesn't give a fuck about this game

I eagerly await all the Washington fans screaming about how great they are because they win this game

I hate it but I don’t think it matters. They’re a tier below the real contenders. 

The Bears have officially clinched the #1 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, and the Houston Texans have clinched the second pick.

The rest of the top five will be some combination of Seattle (via Denver), Arizona, and Indianapolis.

With that catch Golladay is only.... 72 catches away from hitting his contract bonus this year... oh, so close.

The result of this can't feel good for The Eagles. They win. They get the number 1 seed. But they barely survived a bunch of 3rd stringers. On the other hand The Giants have to feel pretty good. They hung in with the number 1 seed's ones for the whole game. Some good defensive play. Some good offensive play. Kept momentum in a loss. Bring on The Vikings.

• Like 1