DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Why would anyone expect a current gen high end game to work properly on the Switch?

Christ I have no idea why any third party even puts games out for that thing.

They don't expect it to work, but they expect your credit / debit card to work when you buy it on the Switch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Christ I have no idea why any third party even puts games out for that thing.

For the same reason people made nerfed versions of games for the Game Boy and DS - there's over a hundred million of them out there. Might as well swing for the massive install base for the handheld console replacement since there isn't a dedicated handheld console anymore.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Everything there that isn't TES6 bores me, as I don't have high hopes that the remasters will be better than what fan-modded versions could do.

Agree on the Oblivion remake - the problem is the part they aren't changing, the engine, not the graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always shocked when I see a new season for Siege. That thing was busted in a bunch of ways when it was released and Ubisoft put a Hello Games/No Man's Sky level of effort behind it and it's still going today. I swear just a week or two ago I saw an ad for a new season of Siege. Not sure if that was the Master Chief one or not.

Looked it up and jesus, it's now in Year 8 Season 3 and the new skin or dude or whatever is Master Chief. 

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm always shocked when I see a new season for Siege. That thing was busted in a bunch of ways when it was released and Ubisoft put a Hello Games/No Man's Sky level of effort behind it and it's still going today. I swear just a week or two ago I saw an ad for a new season of Siege. Not sure if that was the Master Chief one or not.

Looked it up and jesus, it's now in Year 8 Season 3 and the new skin or dude or whatever is Master Chief. 

But every other game Ubisoft has doesn't get as much effort. Far Cry 4 has had its servers broken since May 2023 and Ubisoft seemingly won't do anything after numerous requests and support tickets to fix it.

Not to mention the other Far Crys that came out since then and The Division 1 & 2. The only reason Ubisoft cares is Siege has microtransactions.

doesn’t Extraction have MTX? My buddy at work is a big-time Siege fan and basically tried out Extraction for awhile but he inevitably went back to Siege. Seems like most people did that.

There’s something like 150 active players on Steam for Extraction versus around 64k for Siege. That’s right this very minute, too.

Happy Skull & Bones Has Been Delayed Again Day to all who celebrate

Latest delay pushes it to sometime between Jan-March 2024

(this is probably a nitpicky delay since Ubisoft has given up remotely giving anything close to a release date for the game)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Happy Skull & Bones Has Been Delayed Again Day to all who celebrate

Latest delay pushes it to sometime between Jan-March 2024

(this is probably a nitpicky delay since Ubisoft has given up remotely giving anything close to a release date for the game)

Weird posting this directly after a couple of posts on Star Citizen. Apros pos Star Citizen: I don't follow that drama at all but I think it's funny that the director of that game is Chris Roberts who was the director of Strike Commander, the first vaporware game where I actively followed the drama. Though back then vaporware meant a two year delay.

I just want to play Skull & Bones before I die just so I can see how trying to spin up a billion dollar IP off of a 15 year old minigame works out.

I have really mixed feelings on Star Citizen. If one could actually put aside the insanity of their fundraising history I don't think the game is nearly the disaster some people would like to claim it is. But Jesus, how can you possibly totally separate the work from the literal hundreds of millions in crowd funding with no true end goal ever really announced?