DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

The Alone in the Dark "reimagining" - the one that stars David Harbour and Jodie Cormer - has been delayed until Jan 26, 2024

It was supposed to be released on Oct 25, 2023

On 9/2/2023 at 4:50 AM, Contentious C said:

For this case, I think the simplest example of that would be, "Yoshi: Swallowing anything you put in front of me since 1990!"

I have never consider Yoshi eating stuff a sexual thing before but considering that he transforms most things into eggs, yeeesh.

To expand on the ES6 story - Here is the rough list of what Bethesda is gonna be doing over the next few years (the file they came from was clearly an older document since it listed Starfield as releasing in 2021)

2024...ish

• Indiana Jones
  • DLC for Starfield
  • A remaster of Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

2025... ish

• Doom Year Zero
  • Elder Scrolls Online expansion
  • Two projects coded named Kestrel and Platinum

2026...ish

• Elder Scrolls 6
  • DLC for Doom Year 6
  • A "licensed IP" game
  • A Ghostwire: Tokyo sequel
  • Dishonored 3
  • Remaster of Fallout 3
  • DLC for whatever the fuck Kestrel is

The money numbers for Kestrel (and the lack of YOY depreciation) suggest another MMO of some kind.  I'm not sure what they think would be big enough to draw in ESO levels of cash unless they did a Starfield MMO by that point.  DOOM doesn't have those kinds of legs.  Platinum is supposed to be another Wolfenstein sequel.  Everything there that isn't TES6 bores me, as I don't have high hopes that the remasters will be better than what fan-modded versions could do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

The money numbers for Kestrel (and the lack of YOY depreciation) suggest another MMO of some kind.  I'm not sure what they think would be big enough to draw in ESO levels of cash unless they did a Starfield MMO by that point.  DOOM doesn't have those kinds of legs.  Platinum is supposed to be another Wolfenstein sequel.  Everything there that isn't TES6 bores me, as I don't have high hopes that the remasters will be better than what fan-modded versions could do.

Maybe it's The Evil Within MMO? (since there won't be The Evil Within 3)