DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Silent Night

New John Woo (and his first American release in 20 years)

The film has virtually no dialogue (hence part of the reason for the title)

Trailer is NSFW due to gore

• Like 3

On 10/3/2023 at 1:19 PM, RIPPA said:

Silent Night

New John Woo (and his first American release in 20 years)

The film has virtually no dialogue (hence part of the reason for the title)

Trailer is NSFW due to gore

I meant to post this over the weekend.  It's one of the trailers shown with Saw X. My daughter and I went to the movies this past Saturday while I was up at JMU for Friends & Family weekend.  I forgot about the trailer because I am old and shit happened.

Woo is going back to his roots.  As long as there are birds flying in slo-mo and a gunfight in a highly inappropriate location like a hospital or a school, I'll be good.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

The Beekeeper

Directed by David Ayer

Jason Statham, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Josh Hutcherson, Bobby Naderi, Minnie Driver, with Phylicia Rashad and Jeremy Irons

"Restricted" Trailer (aka Red Band) - you get to see a lot of the various ways the bad guys die

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Beekeeper

Directed by David Ayer

Jason Statham, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Josh Hutcherson, Bobby Naderi, Minnie Driver, with Phylicia Rashad and Jeremy Irons

"Restricted" Trailer (aka Red Band) - you get to see a lot of the various ways the bad guys die

The bees! Not the bees!

• Haha 1

Is it me or is it odd that Lily James is that highly billed yet, at least according to IMDb, her part is unlisted? 

goes to google …

Kevins wife? That’s it? 

oh, if you want to laugh, look up who Chavo Jr is playing.

35 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is it me or is it odd that Lily James is that highly billed yet, at least according to IMDb, her part is unlisted? 

goes to google …

Kevins wife? That’s it? 

Considering no one here has seen the movie, it's not odd. That and Kevin being the oldest (not counting the son who died really young) means his significant other probably plays a decent role in the movie. It's drama that's most likely focusing on a lot of behind the scenes stuff. At best, it's nitpicking.

Then why doesn’t it just say “Pam Atkisson/Pam Von Erich” on the IMDb page for the movie?

To leave it still blank (at this late stage) implied that she was playing some secret character? Who that could be was the curious thing. 

4 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Then why doesn’t it just say “Pam Atkisson/Pam Von Erich” on the IMDb page for the movie?

That's a question for the folks at IMDB. I mean she's playing a woman that been in the family for over 40 years. It's not like she's playing Hair Stylist #5 or Dancer Girl #3. If you know it's Kevin's wife then it's not like it's much of a mystery.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

That's a question for the folks at IMDB. I mean she's playing a woman that been in the family for over 40 years. It's not like she's playing Hair Stylist #5 or Dancer Girl #3. If you know it's Kevin's wife then it's not like it's much of a mystery.

Clearly she's playing a Skrull.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9EYocIaYFYE&t=333s

Mark Kermode reviews The Exorcist: Believer (2023).

"The guy who made those new Halloween sequels is about to make one to my movie, The Exorcist. That's right, my signature film is about to be extended by the man who made Pineapple Express. I don't want to be around when that happens. But if there's a spirit world, and I can come back, I plan to possess David Gordon Green and make his life a living hell."

An actual quote from the late William Friedkin who passed away in 2023.

• Haha 3

I think it's supposed to be Iron Sheik, who trained the boys. A young Khosrow Vasiri sans mustache isn't a poor resemblance for Chavito really.

I'm looking forward to showing pics of Jeremy Allen White to a friend of mine that thinks he's a hottie. (I mean, he seriously is. And when you need a better comparison for Kerry, I would consider Seabiscuit.)

Edited by Curt McGirt

44 minutes ago, AxB said:

THE IRON CLAW trailer!

This looks good. It's such a compelling, tragic story as it is, they don't really have to take a ton of dramatic license on it.

Edited by Log