DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Mister TV said:

I don't really follow these things, why is Oppenheimer a summer release? I just don't picture people running off to the theaters in July to see a movie about the man who became death and destroyed a world. I've been interested in the Manhattan Project ever since my grandmother told me she worked in a factory that made wiring for both bombs(had a letter signed by Harry Truman thanking her) and I have no desire to see this movie.  

You need a respite from summer blockbusters? Just like The new Wes Anderson movie is out in 2 or 3 weeks. 

On 6/5/2023 at 9:44 AM, The Natural said:

Yeah, I'm in the minority.on The Prestige. Think it comes down to the twist and how you react to it. Jingus, a former poster here out it way better than I could.

Agree with you on those faults with The Dark Knight Rises. Such a step down from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Always happy to know I'm not alone with this one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today is basically all moves get delayed day (due to the writer's strike)

I already mentioned all the Marvel movies and Star Wars stuff in their respective threads

For here

All the remaining Avatar movies are delayed... by a lot

The new Avatar 3 release date is now set for December 19, 2025. It was originally set for December 20, 2024. Meanwhile, Avatar 4 and Avatar 5 will now release on December 21, 2029, and December 19, 2031, respectively. They were initially set for December 18, 2026, and December 22, 2028, so those delays are both three years.

On 6/7/2023 at 2:04 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Ok, so everyman has to chauffeur bad guy around while he does bad guy things, but bad guy is also a malicious and possibly supernatural psychopath who has a has it out for the protagonist.

So, Collateral crossed with The Hitcher then...

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I can't remember if I put the teaser here or in Horror... oh well

They Cloned Tyrone

John Boyega, Teyonah Parris, and Jamie Foxx 

Is this Foxx's last movie before his stroke?

28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Is this Foxx's last movie before his stroke?

No - he has few others that are marked as Post-Production

Like God is a Bullet is coming out June 23 (directed by Nick Cassavetes)

And technically he is a voice in Strays (which comes out sometime in August)

That's still super fucked up with what happened to him. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Different situations and all that, but if Dr. Dre could somehow miraculously fully recover from a brain aneurysm then that gives me hope for others suffering the same thing or a stroke.

• Like 1

Your daily/weekly reminder that Tom Cruise is out of his motherfucking mind. Dude really is the American Jackie Chan and is probably going to be a broken, broken, broken man. He may look younger than Wilford Brimley did at his age, but his body is probably going to feel worse that Wilford's did.