DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 10/24 - 10/30/2022

Dolfan in NYC

Karl Anderson and Finn Balor wrestle a wrestling match!  DOUBLE KNEE SELLING!  Dragon Screw through the ropes!  Balor applies the Chinlock and the crowd gets behind Anderson's STRUGGLE to escape the Chinlock!  What a strangely great WWE crowd.  Nice spinebuster by Anderson.  WHOA!  Running Powerbomb in the WWE?  Has that been done since the Droz accident?  Anderson is great in this match and Balor is helping a lot.  Rhea Ripley powerslams Luke Gallows on the floor!  Rhea Ripley then CHEATS and Balor wins!  She is the most physically powerful Missy Hyatt!  AJ Styles is awesome and he wasn't even in the match.  The Miz wrestles R-Truth for a reason that I fast forwarded through.  R-Truth wins!  Because Johnny Gargano poses as Dexter Lumis!  Austin Theory and Mustafa Ali are wrestling!  Ali is great at making his opponent look good and Austin Theory already looks good so Ali makes him look really really good.  GREAT 450 Splash off the top to the floor by Ali!  Theory's finisher is not very spectacular but he hits it after Seth Rollins distracts Ali and there you go.  That was good.  Chad Gable is putting over Elias!  This is good in a lowkey kind of way.  They tell a little story about each being one step ahead of the other on the mat.  Elias bumps to the floor after Otis CHEATS!  Chad Gable hits a diving head butt all the way across the ring.  Nice EVEREST Cradle Suplex by Elias!  Elias hits a knee to the face to counter a Moonsault for two!  Elias hits a THING to win!  Postmatch, they beat on Elias until Matt Riddle shows up to make the save.  That was good.  Johnny Gargano and Baron Corbin wrestle each other!  Corbin beats the crud out of Johnny Gargano.  Gargano makes comebacks and Corbin goes back to beating him!  NICE Blue Thunder Bomb Variation by Corbin.  This is good.  Gargano fiddles with JBL's hat and JBL takes out Gargano's legs and Corbin hits his finisher and that was good.  Bianca Belair and Bayley wrestle!  Bayley works on Belairs arm but Belair is a physical freak.  Bayley is fun, beating on Bianca.  I dig Bayley's physicality.  Suplex off the apron to the floor by Bayley to add to Bayley being an ass stomper.  Belair starts laying it in and then Bayley star5ts laying it in even more.  NICE Brainbuster by Belair!  SWEET Shoulder DDT on the floor by Bayley!  This match is fucking great!  Belair hits a Bayley to Belly Suplex! FOR TWO!  Spinebuster by Belair for TWO!  Toprope Bayley to Belly by Bayley and Belair kicks out!  HEY! IT'S NIKKI CROSS!  Bayley pins Belair!  Postmatch,  Nikki attacks Bayley!  That was wild!  HHH! HHH! HHH! HHH!

• Like 3

Actual question, are there or have there ever been any female Bullet Club members?  

I'm not quite sure who the OC are picking up as the "way to deal with Ripley" unless they grab and turn Shayna from Smackdown.  Or in the crazy longshot, bring up Meiko?  

Missed much of Anderson/Finn, but I dug the last half or so I caught. Its the best I recall Anderson looking in a while, and the action on the outside between the factions was fun. Loved Rhea slamming Gallows. That bit of comedy with Gallows thinking he could win over Rhea backstage before coming back to the room holding his nads was fun as well.

Theory/Ali was nice enough. Seth was fun on commentary, and I dug the post match with Seth attacking Ali only for Ali to come back in the end.

The segment leading to Truth/Miz was fun. The actual match was alright.

Elias/Gable was solid stuff. Elias is a guy I have never really wanted to watch wrestle, but its been impressive how he has gotten kind of solid-good over the years.

Baron/Gargano was good. The two work well together and JBL was nice on commentary if just a pinch repetitive. I'm enjoying JBL as a manager if only for all the shit he talks to cities. At the same time it does feel weird since Corbin is actually one of the better heels in WWE and usually can get a crowd pissed at him during matches.

Bayley/Bianca was great. Tons of good action and moments with the two showing how well they know each other after feuding for so long. The appearance by Nikki was a nice surprise. Hopefully she is back to being at least semi-unhinged. Crazy Nikki was the best Nikki.

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Alright, now if we can just get Doudrop to be Viper again, we'll be all set. 

I'll settle for Poper McNiven. Either way I just want he to have a better name than Doudrop.

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Actual question, are there or have there ever been any female Bullet Club members?  

I'm not quite sure who the OC are picking up as the "way to deal with Ripley" unless they grab and turn Shayna from Smackdown.  Or in the crazy longshot, bring up Meiko?  

According to wiki, Amber O'neal when she was married to Gallows, La Nazi/Commandante, and Pieter. I don't see Meiko being brought in even as a crazy longshot.

• Like 1

I thought tonight's show was meh. It was funny in spots, but most of it felt like it was just there. I guess Triple H is allowed to have an off week especially after having covid.

The funniest part was Gallows saying he'll take care of Rhea only to come back needing the ice pack himself. 

Bayley vs. Bianca was pretty good. Took me a minute to realize it was Nikki Cross who interfered in the match. If she's back to just being crazy I'm all for it. Maybe we can get another match with her and Asuka at some point.

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late!  Kayden Carter and Katana Chance defend the straps against Nikkita Lyons and Zoey Stark!  Carter and Chance are so fun.  They are the Best Possible Motor City Machine Guns.  Nikkita Lyons is the most vastly improved of any of the youngsters on NXT not named Bron Breakker.  Zoey Stark and Kayden Carter lay it in during picture in picture.  Stark is just a thousand times more violent than anybody else in the ring.  Katana is great at taking Stark's offense.  ROLL UP AND NEW CHAMPIONS!  DUSTY FINISH!  SWEET SPANISH FLY BY KATANA!  This match is fucking GREAT.  Katana rolls and flips to get the pin!  I'm assuming that a Toprope Spanish Fly has to suck as much as a Superplex to take.  That was a great.  It's Lash legend and Shotzi!  Shotzi will bump like a freak for anyone and Shotzi carries her to something perfectly fine.  Pretty Deadly say many words and I understand half of them!  SPEAK AMERICAN!  Malik Blade and Edris Enofe take on Pretty Deadly (Elton.  Kit.) for the straps.  Blade and Enofe are the second best Motor City Machine Guns on NXT.  Pretty Deadly are SHINING UP THE BABYFACES!  This is like a Young Bucks match, where nobody really does a babyface in peril role.  Pretty Deadly get in a wad of offense on Enofe during picture in picture as they move out of Young Bucks and more into a traditional Southern tag match.  Enofe takes a DDT like RVD!  Malik Blade makes the HOT TAG and hits a FUCKING INSANE TOPE CON HILO OVER THE TURNBUCKLE!  FUN nearfalls!  Pretty Deadly finally get the pin.  That was great. Pretty Deadly are the FTR of NXT.  Indi Harwell and Sol Ruca wrestle as we await the main event.  JD McDonagh and Ilja Dragunov start quickly to getting to beating the crap out of each other.  BEAUTIFUL EVEREST SUPLEX by Dragunov.  Dragunov has DDPed his ribs!  This match is what you would call STIFF!  Ilja flies off the apron onto his taped up ribs.  Oh man, McDonagh is fucking awesome kneeing Ilja in the ribs.  I love this match. This match is fucking great.  McDonagh is so fucking good.  Dragunov is fun selling his ribs.  FINISH IS fucking MANLY!  That fucking ruled.  That was the best NXT that I can remember.  HHH! HHH! HHH!

• Like 3

Not sure about the screwy faux finish, but KC Squared vs. Lyons/Stark was good, especially on the restart where things somehow kicked up another notch. Curious to see what happens if/when a rematch goes down. Feels like they might go a darker route with Stark given how pissed off she was.

Lash/Shotzi was a match. Lash felt more like she backtracked to how she was six months ago. I guess she had trouble adjusting to someone she isn't used to working with.

Enofe/Blade vs. Pretty Deadly was great. Thought it was neat having Enofe and Blade match up so well with PD because PD weren't taking things seriously enough until during the commercial break where they gradually took control. Dug the eventual comeback by Blade and Enofe and just how much they dragged the crowd (and Booker) into the match. Have to admit as much as i want the Creeds to be champs again I kind of want Enofe and Blade to be the ones to dethrone Pretty Deadly after this.

Indi/Ruca was decent while it lasted. Thought Ruca looked a lot better in this than her match with Miller.

Dragunov/JD was great stuff. Loved the intensity and hate. Dragunov's rib sell was nice as well with everything hurting any time he came back. It played well into the finish with his passion only able to carry his body past it's limits for so long.

• Like 1

This is the good stuff man, I said recently about wwe hiring some writer to handle continuity, etc

But this just might be the longest current running arc in the 'E with the Bloodline, and it's about the only thing I follow from the current shows

and while lots speculation has Sami turning against the Bloodline or them turning against him, I legit feel like this is leading to Jey stepping up to dethrone Reigns. Jimmy and Solo are his blood brothers, I mean I could see him stacking the deck in his favor since the Usos and Solo got the same parents. Meanwhile Sami and Roman fighting them off, i can see that stretching anotheryear before some super Saudi event with Reigns and Jimmy in some cage match setup, or even a wargames set up depending on how alliances shake out by then?

/fantasy booking

• Like 1

"I love you Uce.  I love you."

dave-chappelle-gotcha-bitch.gif

Oh yeah, that's the fucking good stuff.  For the record, this was the exact moment I finally "got" what everyone in the industry was saying about Roman.  

• Like 1

Raw is Tuesday Afternoons! A day later I'm still compelled to discuss this program. I’m generally speaking enjoying HHH.WWE.TV, but I could no sit thru these shows live. That said my complaints are few as FFWD is a really good friend.

I don’t need a Judgement Day promo so I slip n slide on by. Very much down for Karl Anderson v Finn Balor – Q: did these guys ever lock horns in New Japan? I liked everything going on here. The Rhea Ripley slam on Gallows was obviously the highlight. She’s the top star of this company (sooner than later). Sidenote: v Roxanne Perez was terrific (the only full NXT match I’ve seen since they were on Wednesdays). Ripleymania is running wild. I met  up with the Miz/Gargano stuff after Gargano’s amusingly awful theme music. Miz seems very capable of delivering on whatever the material, Gargano less so, but I find myself kinda fascinated by this odd storyline. On man, I haven’t seen Ron Killings in 15 years! He kinda loses me with his shitty rap and the segment that followed and then I can’t remember anything other than Truth winning and the shenanigans following. The LeRae-Damange Control interview segment had nostalgic TNT vibes. Bayley is classic WWF in the best possible way. I feel the same of Chad Gable. Theory v Ali was all Seth Rollins. A short feud with Ali seems much of the same. Somebody tell Angry Alvarez that the point is to build Rollins not the match. They’re really calling on Gargano to act and it’s asking a little much. Kinda loving this JBL-Corbin team. After that a long video package and handicap match to breeze by. I don't need to see the build, but I’m curious of what an Omos-Strowman match might look like. Oh man, it won’t last past Dynamite, but Chad Gable v Elias might be my 'TV Match of the Week'. Gable was incredible here! The slight botch on the moonsault into the knee was incredible! WWE production on the slo-mo replays is the best thing on these shows. Kinda liked the sore-sack ‘OC’ segments. Is this leading to a returning Charlotte Flair joining the OC? There’s so much bad looking gear in wrestling, but Baron Corbin’s presentation is right up there. What’s the process that allows this guy to go out there looking so shitty? That said, Two weeks in a row very solid Baron Corbin matches. And JBL’s promos are the kind of fun I forgot was possible. Gargano absolutely got what was coming to him here - What an asshole! I’m thankful for the Lesnar-Lashley video to breeze on past. Bayley v Belair feels more like a true main event than they’ve been generally offering on Mondays. This was terrific. I liked the glimpse of what I saw of Nikki Cross a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to her in a prominent position.

This show was pretty fun, tho, it’d be more fun if they cooled down on every match having a horseshit finish. The total running time here came in at a little under a Dynamite. Dynamite in the International version is about an hour and 48 minutes. Absolutely fascinating seeing this company promote a Saudi Arabia show. Feels like I truly have stepped into another universe.

Either one of the following Austin Theory, Cody Rhodes, or even Bron Breakker could take the the belts off Roman or obtain one of those belts.  They also got Matt Riddle too but less likely.

Unless Tag belts plans change, those are likely to be fully unified. Still plans can change.