DVDVR Message Board

2021 NBA PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

I am not sure if there are any people I would want to see come at me less than an angry Russ.

To be fair and in defense of my understandably considered insane city: 1) Other fans stooged off the guy who did that immediately and he got thrown out of the game. 2) There are a lot of cities where someone would drop popcorn on an opponent. Salt Lake, Boston, MSG, Chicago all come to mind.

Even still, in Philly, we will have this reaction today to this: 

1) We are more than just the city that threw snowballs at Santa and no one understands us (see my above statement) and we will casually overlook how this happens here more than anywhere else.

2) Russ’s reaction was great and we all wish he did whip that fan’s ass because that would have been awesome.

3) Man, we really need to get old-age Russ here once his contract ends because a guy that intense would be the most beloved guy here.

I am so so so so glad that Ja is having the mandated young player having the breakout playoff run we get every year. (Man do I miss Jamal Murray.)

I get League Pass every year. I have probably watched 60 percent of his games since last season. Dame is my favorite player but Ja is a rapidly climbing number two. 

On top of the otherworldly athleticism, he is just really great and already well ahead of the curve as to where a 20-year-old PG should be. He just has a really great feel as to when to set the table for the team and when he needs to take over and then when he can hit the open man when everything is steered to defending him. That Memphis team is also fucking stacked and is already a problem. 

But the best part of Ja is his commitment to trying the literal impossible. The play we will all remember last night was Rudy’s stuff of him at the rim. But the reason it will be remembered is because Ja Morant thought he could dunk over one of the best defensive players who has ever lived and is over 7 feet tall. Ja has also tried to hurdle over Kevin Love in game. But my personal favorite failed Ja highlight was this season when at the end of OT with the game tied he got caught in the air driving and decided to try and T-Mac it by tossing it off the backboard and dunking it in at the buzzer. He just missed. Who the hell would ever try that? He has some great “what the hell I have never seen that???” highlights already but his near-misses are spectacular.

Ja will give us at some point what will possibly be the single greatest highlight of all-time. I cannot even imagine what it will be, but I am predicting a T-Mac off the board where he does a Frederic Weiss over Draymond to seal a win in an OT game where he already scored 37 and has nine assists.

• Like 2

Speaking of things in Philly of questionable taste

Embiid better enjoy himself now because as history as shown, the tougher the competition the harder it gets for him.  He is lucky that Washington doesn't have seem Nene like player on their team or he would have regretting that

17 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I was going to say that "back in my days we didn't need a sheet to figure out chanting" but I am sure there was something like that in the past.  Plus it would result in "OK boomer" talk

Let me tell you about the worst fans in sports, the Cameron Crazies:

DXZg4dtVMAAyDZK.jpg

They do this sad shit for every game.

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Let me tell you about the worst fans in sports, the Cameron Crazies:

DXZg4dtVMAAyDZK.jpg

They do this sad shit for every game.

They say the tiniest human penis ever measured was 1.1 inches - I guess now we know where they located it.

• Like 1

Both fans were banned from their respective buildings

The Sixers fan was a season ticket holder so he also had his tickets revoked

• Like 4

Between the NBA playoffs and some of the fights at ball games, maybe this returning to full capacity idea isn't a good idea.   Let's go back to cardboard

The Trae Young thing is amazing because he has stirred up the fans this much that the mayor is fucking with him.  I mean did Reggie Miller get this much heat besides Spike Lee.  Hell even Spike seems to be okay with Trae 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I am so so so so glad that Ja is having the mandated young player having the breakout playoff run we get every year. (Man do I miss Jamal Murray.)

I get League Pass every year. I have probably watched 60 percent of his games since last season. Dame is my favorite player but Ja is a rapidly climbing number two. 

On top of the otherworldly athleticism, he is just really great and already well ahead of the curve as to where a 20-year-old PG should be. He just has a really great feel as to when to set the table for the team and when he needs to take over and then when he can hit the open man when everything is steered to defending him. That Memphis team is also fucking stacked and is already a problem. 

But the best part of Ja is his commitment to trying the literal impossible. The play we will all remember last night was Rudy’s stuff of him at the rim. But the reason it will be remembered is because Ja Morant thought he could dunk over one of the best defensive players who has ever lived and is over 7 feet tall. Ja has also tried to hurdle over Kevin Love in game. But my personal favorite failed Ja highlight was this season when at the end of OT with the game tied he got caught in the air driving and decided to try and T-Mac it by tossing it off the backboard and dunking it in at the buzzer. He just missed. Who the hell would ever try that? He has some great “what the hell I have never seen that???” highlights already but his near-misses are spectacular.

Ja will give us at some point what will possibly be the single greatest highlight of all-time. I cannot even imagine what it will be, but I am predicting a T-Mac off the board where he does a Frederic Weiss over Draymond to seal a win in an OT game where he already scored 37 and has nine assists.

I'm totally with you on Ja Morant. Dame is my favorite non-Mavs player, but Morant would probably be right up there with him.  I'm big on guys that just play their ass off and don't let any of the bullshit get to them. The guys that will do everything in their being to get their team over the finish line.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:46 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

venison-cuts-chart-770x592.jpg

LET'S GO HEAT

AmusedDamagedGalapagosdove-size_restrict

Not much to say about this series.  Bucks took care of business, but losing Donte really hurts going forward.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Brooklyn/Milwaukee is going to be too much to handle. I really don't want to see shitbum Harden beat the Bucks. 

Defensively they may be one of the few teams that have players that will make each of the Iso Gang's big 3 work for their buckets. Do they match Khris up with KD or Harden? Does Giannis challenge KD often or just some of the time? I like how they actually adjusted to the idea of teams trying to wall up Giannis dribble penetration by having one of Khris or Jrue be the primary ballhandler. 

Edited by Jiji

I think this season/series really backs up the theory that the Heat's culture made them uniquely suited to the bubble, and, while they are good, that finals run was more about circumstance than ability.

• Like 1

I've been hearing that a lot. I'm gonna need someone to explain it.

I get the stuck in a bubble mental stresses, but someone needs to explain in better detail how playing basketball in the bubble is different than playing basketball. Like what about Tyler Herro's shot is suited for the bubble but not in a normal season? How does the bubble change the way people perform on the court? Why would it be easier?

It just sounds like some kind of made up nonsense people want to use to explain some anomaly that happened. Maybe the Bucks just shit the bed last year, and the Heat played really good basketball. And maybe that embarrassment actually made the Bucks get better. That's usually how sports work. Not "Disneyland magically made Jimmy Buttler a Superhero so he could go to the NBA Finals, but when he left he lost all his powers."

From an outsider who does not enjoy watching Miami so sees little of them unless they're playing a team I like or are in the playoffs: Jimmy Butler is very inconsistent, at least offensively, is he not? Bam looked like a ghost out there too. I'm more concerned about his drop off than anything else. Herro was a guy who got hot and instead of moving him when his stock was high, he's now just a guy. They were without Oladipo but I don't think he's going to be swinging a sweep to a Heat series win. The biggest difference between this year and last was Milwaukee having an answer to the Giannis wall. While it's taken some time for the Bucks to adapt to life with Holiday, they look like a championship calibre team with their big three and a good supporting cast rolling. Was Bryn the Bogdonavic replacement after that trade fell through? Holy shit, dude is torching from outside. Too bad about Donte but it will give Forbes more time on the court. He shot 45% from 3 in the regular season and 49% in the playoffs. He'll get abused by the Brooklyn backcourt defensively, so I'm really interested to see how they handle the three headed dragon. 

I know Ja and the Grizzlies are the board's favourite li'l guys right now and I totally get it (Grayson Allen though, you guys!), BUT do people not like the Jazz because they play in Utah? The Gobert COVID thing? Fuck Utah for sure, but holy fuck I loved watching this team develop over the years. They do have two stars but what a team game they play. They're probably closer to playing golden age Kawhi Spurs than 2015-16 Golden State style but I love it. Great ball movement, always finding an open three, pretty much everybody but their centers shoot from outside really well, and Gobert is the perfect guy to bail out Donovan Mitchell's still lackluster defense. If Mitchell ever develops into the defender he's capable of being with his athleticism and long arms, I think that team wins a championship. But, yeah, fuck the state of Utah. 

I dream of a Bucks/Jazz final but am ready for the Nets/Lakers. 

Just now, Lawful Metal said:

People don’t like the Jazz because fuck the Jazz. Fuck Malone. Fuck Stockton. Fuck Hornacek. Fuck Boozer. Fuck Okur. Fuck AK-47. Fuck Gobert. Fuck Ingles. Fuck their racist fans. 

1 hour ago, southofheavy said:

That post got me thinkin': Joe Ingles pisses me off. Dude manages to do the exact thing I don't want him to do exactly when I don't want him to do it and it's really goddamn annoying. 

That’s everyone who ever played for the Jazz

Well except for the part where Artest beat the shit out of the wrong person.   That didn't turn out right.    

The problem is that as soon as a player gets a hold of them and gives them the business the same people complaining will say that the players "should turn the other cheek" or "be the better man"  Kind of surprised Dwight Howard didn't do anything last night.