DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Western Conference basketball is so good this year.  Portland's starting 5 has been pretty good the last year or two but they've never had any bench guys.  Now they have a passable bench and they're taking the next step.  CJ McCollum hasn't even played a game yet so that's another depth guy.

It's guaranteed that at least one game a night out west will have two very good teams in a good game. There's been five games already I can think of out west that have a "Game Of The Year" vibe, if such a thing existed. The first OKC/GSW game that the Warriors won on Iggy's jumper, the OKC/GSW game the Thunder won on Russ' jumper, the Pacers/Blazers thriller, the GSW comeback last night and tonight's very good Blazers/OKC game. Tonight's game wasn't quite the masterpiece but that was still a really well-played game. I love both those teams so much.

The unfortunate part is that for those of us NBA addicts on the east coast it stinks.

Professional basketball could end up as a regional niche sport just because of how friggin' bad the Eastern Conference is. It's embarrassing to watch. The Pacers and Heat absolutely rule but every team but Utah and maybe Sacramento and a Brow-less Pelicans is better than anyone in the East. Who is the East's third seed right now? Atlanta? Phoenix and Denver could take the Hawks in a seven game series.

The only reason to watch the Eastern Conference right now are the Pacers, Heat, Drummond, MCW in Philly, the chance the Cavs fight each other on the court, Oladipo in Orlando and Jason Kidd being so laughably terrible as a coach. And anything associated with the Knicks and their horror show of a team.

Not so much the record, because their first 10 games or so weren't against top level teams, really.  They sold me on the last two games.  If you can hang with, and beat, the Pacers and OKC, you're for real, obvi.  No one was sold on this team until the past week.

If history is any guide the Blazers should be due for a season-crippling injury or two in about a month.

That's pretty much why I think people have been hesitant to buy in on them. Something is in that Portland water. Eventually a couple of the players will come down with cholera or early osteoporosis. 

Andre Drummond is totally going to be a Laker sooner or later. You just know it.

Fuck you.

I think you forgot that Andre Drummond would somehow have to be traded to Orlando and then the Lakers would sign or trade for him. I think that's how it works.

I should learn to photoshop and post picks of everyone's favorite players in Laker uniforms. :)  Basically be the anti-Dolfan on the board. Heck...

KobeBryant_wearingtheKobeJersey_Dec2011.

I'm stealing your gimmick Dolfan!

Only one question, Alfredo. . . .

Are you cuddly?  Because I can put the DVDVR Cuddliest Member championship belt on the line for this.  I'm the only person who votes, and I'm super impartial.  Dolfan is the two-time reigning CM Champ.  So if you go after him, you best not miss.

Let me know! :)

If we've gotten to the point where BARGIANI isn't afraid to talk shit to KG, the mighty truly hath fallen.

The Heat are just going to wait until late March/April to hit the switch, period. So games like this in the dog days are just going to happen this season.

• Like 1

Miami is like a jet, circling the airport until their favorite runway (the playoffs) becomes open before landing.  As long as they're in the Top 2 of the Eastern Conference, they're fine.

I do not want to be playing Game 7 of the ECF in Indianapolis.  

Just saying.