DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

The first big patch/update likely drops around All In/All Out, since the datamined battle pass for Stadium Stampede is All Out themed.

Well shit, maybe they should announce that since it's a month out.  Anything to stem the perception of abandonware.

• Like 1

AEWGames Discord just posted a few hours ago saying Yukes are “working tirelessly” to improve the game with future updates and new content releases. So yeah they’ll probably just drop a big fuckin’ update for the game around Stadium Stampede time.

Discord is where most game devs post announcements and updates these days, so…

• Thanks 2

I think this goes here. . .if it doesn't, feel free to move it.

The folks behind Wrestlequest, which was supposed to come out today, have announced that the game will now come out on 22 August. Apparently they found something during final testing that caused players to lose their save game progress while playing across multiple platforms.

12 hours ago, Gonzo said:

The folks behind Wrestlequest, which was supposed to come out today, have announced that the game will now come out on 22 August. Apparently they found something during final testing that caused players to lose their save game progress while playing across multiple platforms.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 12:44 AM, Zimbra said:

Oh wow, FF has a hot tag mechanic hidden in the code:

https://twitter.com/Melonbread1979/status/1687215804616458240

They've also posted some specifics about how health and momentum work and put up some PC mods to change them.

That Twitter account is great. Never knew how in-depth the mechanics of the old AKI games were.

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

Do we have any idea how it works? Does it appear to have been coded by somebody who's actually seen a tag team match? (As opposed to, say, WWE2K22's hot tag mechanic.)

Not beyond what's in that clip, but he has another post about a removed "bump and feed" mechanic that was probably tied into it.

On 8/8/2023 at 12:06 AM, Gonzo said:

Gamespot gave the game a 4/10 which... isn't promising. Hopefully while they touch up things they can get some feedback and try to get a "Day 1" patch ready too. A lot of their complaints are just how the game is, can't fix that, but others may be able to be tweaked. 

On 8/14/2023 at 12:11 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

Gamespot gave the game a 4/10 which... isn't promising. Hopefully while they touch up things they can get some feedback and try to get a "Day 1" patch ready too. A lot of their complaints are just how the game is, can't fix that, but others may be able to be tweaked. 

To be fair - reviews are all over the place

I have seen some way more glowing than that Gamespot review (which I think is the lowest review folks have been finding)

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - reviews are all over the place

I have seen some way more glowing than that Gamespot review (which I think is the lowest review folks have been finding)

I'm not a *huge* fan of QTEs as a primary game mechanic which was one of their biggest complaints, so selfishly I am hoping they just dial it back some (if possible). But knowing me I'll give it a try regardless.

I played it a bunch at Magfest and ended up liking it.  I think my wife was more interested than I was due to the RPG aspects so I can see getting this on Xbox.  If anything it'll make for a fun conversation piece while she's playing TotK.

On 8/20/2023 at 1:48 PM, Brandon Bones said:

2k23 has officially shit the bed on me.  It won’t even get past the start button and loop past the update to the start screen again.  Plus it had already been deleting my CAWs.  

Fucking BULLSHIT!!!

The patch to support the last DLC (Chase U/Wade Barrett/Eve Torres) has messed a lot of things up that were previously fixed. I'd say try re-syncing your data - It's working for some, but not others. Hilariously, it seems they somehow keep having an issue with deleting/breaking Hollywood Hogan's mustache in particular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

The patch to support the last DLC (Chase U/Wade Barrett/Eve Torres) has messed a lot of things up that were previously fixed. I'd say try re-syncing your data - It's working for some, but not others. Hilariously, it seems they somehow keep having an issue with deleting/breaking Hollywood Hogan's mustache in particular.

That doesn't work for me, brother!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I haven't picked up Fight Forever in a while. I won't really do Stadium Stampede, but I am really looking forward to getting Keith Lee in the game. Right now, Nintendo.com lists that pack as being released 8/31. I just want to toss dudes across the ring. Just give me that one move with him and I'll be happy.

13 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Does Fight Forever appear to have any weight detection that affects what moves you can do? I'm curious if Keith Lee will be able to toss Paul Wight across the ring.

When you're facing Wight, you have to wear him down before you can lift him, so probably not. At least not right away.

Ah, dammit. I haven't had any desire to unlock Wight, but now I may have to once I have Lee.

• Thanks 1

So I played a couple rounds of Stadium Stampede and if you like Fortnite you'll like this.  I'm not a battle royale type but it's a fun way to kill some time.

EDIT:  Okay, it's actually pretty fun with my best so far being 5th.  Granted it's the afternoon so who knows once more are playing tonight but network runs well and haven't had issues.  Which is more than I could say last week when attempting two online matches.  So if they can improve on that then I think there's fun to be had.  I also like that while it obviously doesn't have anything Jaguars related the layout of the stadium is similar from what I remember in the Stampede matches.  I just hope that one day this means we can have Stampede matches offline in a 5v5 setting.  I would love to take my sweet time as I slam fools into steps but the battle royale style rushes me through some areas.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

I finished 2nd on my first ever game. I was John Silver... I managed to KO Britt Baker and Sting, but then Miro kicked my ass.

My 2nd game, I was 5th. There were 2 Codys who kept shooting everyone, and a Wardlow who died because he was outside the safezone.

• Like 1

PSA: if anyone has Xfinity and their Rewards program - they’re giving away a Steam code for WrestleQuest to members. I claimed it last night, it’s not a free or limited trial or anything. It’s the full game, free to keep.

Used my parents Xfinity Rewards, saved me $30. 😂

• Thanks 1

I saw something interesting messing around on YouTube earlier - a new indie game coming soon called Ultra Pro Wrestling. Seems *extremely* Revenge-centric in it's presentation (and God do I love bad, royalty-free wrestling game names - Bill Dollar!!)

Some familiar names at the end which is a nice bonus as well. Looking forward to this

40 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I saw something interesting messing around on YouTube earlier - a new indie game coming soon called Ultra Pro Wrestling. Seems *extremely* Revenge-centric in it's presentation (and God do I love bad, royalty-free wrestling game names - Bill Dollar!!)

Some familiar names at the end which is a nice bonus as well. Looking forward to this

The dude that did the character designs for that game does some really cool artwork:

Hal Haney Art

We have the He Man and Skeletor rogues gallery prints he did in my son's room.

• Like 1