1. SJax 2. Artest 3. David West

First-ballot HOF: Kermit Washington.

If you threw in that last one as a troll of Metal:

And my answer is Mase.

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

That’s some fucking bullshit. Fuck Kermit Washington. Sucker punching bitch

Don't forget convicted felon who is currently in federal prison for embezzling money from a children's charity!

Also American's most famous alum.... sigh....

Okay so I think Nick Wright (From First Things First on FS1) just had three of the worst hot takes I’ve heard in ages about a certain Choke Artist from Houston:

”James Harden is the greatest player to never win a NBA Title.” 

“James Harden is greater than Karl Malone.” ? ?

“James Harden is one of the top 20 players of All-Time.” 

To the first point has he never heard of any of the following? Karl Malone, Elgin Baylor, Charles Barkley, John Stockton. 

The second statement I can’t defend at all as it’s so unbelievably outrageous. When did Harden become even half the defender Malone was? 

If he’d said top twenty in his (Nick’s) lifetime I’m not sure he’d be wrong, but top 20 all-time no way. Actually let me see if he makes the top 20 from my lifetime (1983-now):

Michael Jordan

Lebron James

Magic Johnson 

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Kobe Bryant

Larry Bird

Tim Duncan

Shaq 

Hakeem Olajuwon 

Kevin Garnett 

Dirk Nowitzki

Scottie Pippen

Charles Barkley

Karl Malone

David Robinson

John Stockton

Isiah Thomas

Dwayne Wade

Kevin Durant

Jason Kidd/Kawhi Leonard

Before I get criticized I didn’t include Dr. J, because he only had four seasons once I was born. Otherwise he’d have easily made my top 10.

Edited by MavsFan77
Listed 21 instead of 20

6 hours ago, sabremike said:

If you threw in that last one as a troll of Metal:

And my answer is Mase.

Hey, I shitpost, not troll.  Please respect the difference.

And I wasn't trying to troll anyone; everybody loooooves to talk about fighting and nobody likes to think about the possible consequences.

The only error I would admit to is that I should have put James Johnson over David West.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Don't forget convicted felon who is currently in federal prison for embezzling money from a children's charity!

Also American's most famous alum.... sigh....

I can't believe you would disrespect Nancy Meyers and Judge Judy in this way.

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2020 at 4:16 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Reminder:

That's nice but they're going to be playing in the Reedy Creek Improvement District not Orlando! This whole thing is going to be weird and I'm hoping Disney and the NBA go all corporate synergy and theme each arena after one of the parks.

Edited by Mister TV
  • Thanks 1

Oak, Z-bo, Tony Allen.  Oak needs no explanation, Z-Bo doesn't really need an explanation, Tony Allen had members of his family prominently featured on an episode of Gangland...you do not want those problems.  

• Like 1

Based on the Dame Lillard stuff from a couple of pages ago, it ought not surprise you that Portland was the lone No vote on the restart.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Based on the Dame Lillard stuff from a couple of pages ago, it ought not surprise you that Portland was the lone No vote on the restart.  

Nor was it a surprise if you read my post on the last page ?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Ah go sell your turnips.

Look, I'm too busy trying to figure out how to write up the goddamn Hardcore Gauntlet/Free For All/Battle Royale whatever thing from Mania 2000 to read anything. 

• Haha 2

There have been a lot of tough guys, fighters, and crazy motherfucker in NBA history, but only one guy has looked at one of those crazy motherfuckers who was his teammate charge the crowd and thought "Ron is trying to fight 20,000 people by himself. I better go help him."

Nick Wright spent some time in Houston radio.  Once the Houston gets in you, you never get it out.  And fuck Karl Malone (and the majority of that list too). 

You can't put Wade on a list like that and then bitch about Harden's free throws. 

Okay out of curiosity why is it when I reply to a certain Rockets fans posts I’m told he’s supposed to be on ignore, but when I post something on my own he’s allowed to reply about, and criticize it? 

As for FT% D Wade still has a higher career percentage than Lebron (I know setting the bar extremely low).

Anyone wanting to criticize Karl Malone is fine, but to deny that he was an all time great is nonsense. One of my best friends (a lifelong Knicks fan) to this day tries telling me how much better Patrick Ewing was than Malone or Barkley, and that he’s the Greatest Player to never win a ring. Which just makes me laugh like crazy. Ewing was really good, but to try to make that argument is as foolish as Nick Wright’s statements this morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohtani's jacket said:

James Harden being the greatest player to never win a ring isn't an outlandish statement, but let's see him take Houston to the Finals before getting carried away.

Baylor had a ring. He auctioned it off. 

Well, he had a ring, but he didn't win a ring. Retired like two weeks into the season they finally won it. 

As for Harden... It's too early to make that call. His previous five years before this one were excellent. An MVP award, three second place finishes, top five all five years. He started this season hot as well, but dropped off a lot.

His lack of individual playoff success dings him, but Malone didn't carry his team into the finals until 12 years into his career either. Malone has one of the strongest longevity arguments ever (and how people value longevity is gonna be a real interesting thing in the next decade) but I don't think the Mailman ever had a five year stretch as good as Harden just did.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, he had a ring, but he didn't win a ring. Retired like two weeks into the season they finally won it. 

As for Harden... It's too early to make that call. His previous five years before this one were excellent. An MVP award, three second place finishes, top five all five years. He started this season hot as well, but dropped off a lot.

His lack of individual playoff success dings him, but Malone didn't carry his team into the finals until 12 years into his career either. Malone has one of the strongest longevity arguments ever (and how people value longevity is gonna be a real interesting thing in the next decade) but I don't think the Mailman ever had a five year stretch as good as Harden just did.

I’ll agree with you on the five year stretch comment for sure. But using that as a criteria I think Harden has had two teammates who are also ringless, and belong in the conversation. Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook. CP3 probably has a stronger case especially considering what happened the year he got hurt in the West Finals.

To be clear my comments (other than calling him a Choke Artist) weren’t meant to be disrespectful of Harden. I’ll admit he’s a great scorer, but I do find some of the hyperbole used with him is a bit much. Especially the top 20 player of all time nonsense. That’s way to much of a modern generation bias. 

Westbrook strikes me as a knob an awful lot of the time but fair fucking play.

edit: Okay, that top response about the triple double line.

Edited by Oyaji

It should be noted that Brooklyn's odds to win the title had shot up dramatically according to Vegas.  They went up to about 10/1, up from 70/1.  

But, they'll probably be coming back down... Kevin Durant has ruled himself out for the season. 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:57 AM, RIPPA said:

See, if he were white, he's just be elected President.

• Haha 3

Hey, the Knicks finally released a statement:

Every one of us has a role to play in creating a more just and equal society, where there is no racism, bigotry, violence or hate. We stand with all who act for positive change.

That's... Yeah