DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SUMMER 2019

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I still want the damn numbers for how many streamed fyter fest live. They must have had those figures instantly, right? When do we get the numbers?

It's possible I'm mistaking B/R Live for something else, but I thought I heard that they don't release their numbers.

7 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I still want the damn numbers for how many streamed fyter fest live. They must have had those figures instantly, right? When do we get the numbers?

It's possible I'm mistaking B/R Live for something else, but I thought I heard that they don't release their numbers.

25 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That may well be, Netflix doesn’t release numbers. I just figured that they were quick to announce the double or nothing buys, which were very impressive, and then we get silence on this. I’m very curious. 

I don't think Warner announced anything about the numbers for Double Or Nothing. That was all Meltzer, I'm pretty sure.

Also, 

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

Road to Fight for the Fallen was very good again this week.  Their highlight package was awesome. 

Also,  yes to most streaming services not releasing their numbers.  Some of y'all probably heard Meltzer talking about ESPN+.  They don't release shit. 

This not having faces or heels thing sure is fucking dumb.  This of course ignores also that Joey is teaming with a guy who stapled a cigarette to his head.

They definitely have faces and heels, regardless of what they say. Jericho, MJF, Spears, etc. are prime examples of that.

Janela having a cigarette stapled to his head means nothing, that's just a Tuesday for him.

• Like 3

If MJF is a heel, why would he be Cody’s protege when Cody is the face in the Spears angle?  So you make MJF the defacto face in this situation which is stupid.  

l’m also sure glad what we are watching doesn’t matter to the wrestlers.  This is probably why we’ve already had multiple deathmatches in only two shows.

That right there is why they don't need to build storylines on a YouTube show that not everybody watches. Because MJF, while he might be the protege, also shit talks everyone close to Cody, including his wife (and he tried to kill his dog). And Cody knows about all of it, if I'm remembering BTE correctly.

Also, Moxley/Janela is the only thing that could even be considered a deathmatch on their two shows, and even that's a stretch. By that measure, Orton/Foley from Backlash 2004 was also a deathmatch.

• Like 1

Wait, do you really think that's a deathmatch? There's a vast difference in deathmatches and hardcore/no DQ matches. And even then, there's only been two. Nakazawa/Jebailey was a comedy match, and Janela/Moxley - while it didn't have an extended build-up or anything - warranted the stipulation due to promos and whatnot and also played to their strengths. I'm sure nobody is really interested in seeing a straight forward wrestling match with JOEY JANELA and Jon Moxley. That's just... boring.

Nakazawa/Jebailey built off of last year's NJPW/CEO event, where Nakazawa and Jebailey had a match and Jebailey won. It probably should have been a dark match for the crowd only, but it wasn't and here we are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

That right there is why they don't need to build storylines on a YouTube show that not everybody watches. Because MJF, while he might be the protege, also shit talks everyone close to Cody, including his wife (and he tried to kill his dog). And Cody knows about all of it, if I'm remembering BTE correctly.

Also, Moxley/Janela is the only thing that could even be considered a deathmatch on their two shows, and even that's a stretch. By that measure, Orton/Foley from Backlash 2004 was also a deathmatch.

Did you watch Jimmy Havoc's Chris Van Vleit interview? Because they were discussing that very issue, of what is or isn't a Deathmatch, and Orton vs Foley was the example used. Also, Jimmy Havoc still lives with his parents.

Lights Out and Unsanctioned are the same thing. It's two different regional terms... it's how a Chicago Street Fight is no different from a New York Streetfight, except in terms of physical location. And the type of Pizzas they have after.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Lights Out and Unsanctioned are the same thing. It's two different regional terms... it's how a Chicago Street Fight is no different from a New York Streetfight, except in terms of physical location. And the type of Pizzas they have after.

True, you want variety in streetfight stips, you go with the Alaska Street Fight where the participants clobber each other with frozen halibuts (those things are hefty!) or the New Mexico Street Fight wherein legs of mutton are the weapon of choice. Glad to help clear this up!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That was a battle royale. Every man for himself. You know that.

So stapling something to a person is forgettable and not worth mentioning.

I wonder what will happen when Jimmy Havok is really angry with someone.

Maybe a machete will be involved.

I like that I'm the crazy person for thinking that stapling a guy should piss him off.

And not acting like the difference between a Death Match and a Hardcore Match rules wise is zero.