DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

• 2 weeks later...

God, that Fish promo was so good.

Ain't that Steiner promo in the wrong thread?

Okerlund sells that promo..  The more suggestive that Steiner's comments get, the more embarrassed and uncomfortable poor Mean Gene gets.  I can only imagine what Mene Gene said to himself when the cameras cut.

Now the promo Stenier cut with Beer Money in TNA belongs in the How Not To Cut A Promo thread.

The Bobby Fish promo is awesome.  I love that guy.  I think my original loathing of Fish was actually displaced loathing of Kyle O' Reilly.

Talking is about yourself in the third person is a privilege, not a right. Rasslers get to do it, this man does, and possibly few others in my opinion.

- RAF

Ali would have been the best wrestler ever. This man is so great.

• 2 weeks later...

That Fish promo is TREE-MENDOUS, both for the delivery and the little girl playing in the background. O'Reilly's pretty vanilla - not particularly bad, but just there - but Fish has enough charisma for both of them.

Vince is missing the boat not signing more tag teams to developmental deals.

Tracy Smothers being awesome (and almost forgetting Tanaka is on his team) plus Terry Gordy doing math

Anyone have any info or clips from the card they're referring to?  I've googled but come up with next to nothing.

• Like 1

The match was part of a 1995 promotional feud between SMW and the USWA.  The match was a 16-man "Combat in the Cage" where, to win, one team had to handcuff all the members of the other team to the cage.

The match was Team USWA (Dundee, PG-13, Billy Jack Haynes, T. Rich, D. Gilbert, Steven Dunn, Brian Lee) vs. Team SMW (Smothers, Tanaka, Landel, Gordy, Gibson, D-Lo Brown, Heavenly Bodies)

Team USWA won, but then Haynes turned on Rich, and Team SMW won the post-match beatdown.

There was also a tag match on the show featuring Jim Cornette fighting Randy Hales.

Info on the card ...

http://www.oocities.org/smokyrobmoore/smoky5.htm

Clip of match ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyTJ55LelhM

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...