DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

That's about the point where WCW forgot what made the nWo announcements unique in the first place. There's nothing WRONG with what Curt's doing, but it's one continuous shot. Needs more (read: any) quick cuts.

I am trying to decide if Monte Brown's Samoa Joe Ain't Nothin' But A Hippophant promo is good or bad.

Monte is a horrible talker but his ad lib is hilarious... perhaps unintentionally so.

The Brisco Brothers give the douchiest, yet credible promo for their upcoming Texas Tornado Match with the Road Warriors.  Love how they threaten to blow them up in the ring by WRESTLING them.  They both have faces that are so punchable, particularly Jerry.  God I loved them.  (Starts at 8:29)

And if you didn't peep the screencap, you REALLY need to see Piper's promo challenging Buzz Sawyer.  Cocaine is a helluva drug....

• Like 3

I damn near spit my drink at the screen hearing "Rick Flaire" go "woooo".

Either I never saw this or I don't remember it, but god damn, there wasn't one bit of this where Terry Funk wasn't incredible, be it the promo or flopping over guardrails for Sting.