DVDVR Message Board

Cutting A Fucking Promo 101 Revisited

Thomas Bugg

23 hours ago, odessasteps said:

For people with long memories, Akbar was a babyface and partner of Danny Hodge before he turned heel.

Was he "Skandor Akbar" when he was Hodge's partner? Or was he like a Billy White Wolf before he become Sheik Adam El Kaissy?

Chick Donovan’s grandson wrestles, his name is Bryce Donovan. They were even on a show together. He also played a security guard in an AEW angle, got punched in the chest by Wardlow, and they claimed he suffered a punctured lung from it (he actually punctured his lung in a vehicle collision months earlier).

On 2/14/2024 at 3:58 AM, AxB said:

Chick Donovan’s grandson wrestles, his name is Bryce Donovan. They were even on a show together. He also played a security guard in an AEW angle, got punched in the chest by Wardlow, and they claimed he suffered a punctured lung from it (he actually punctured his lung in a vehicle collision months earlier).

On 2/14/2024 at 10:28 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Well that's a fresh way to get blackballed from the industry

That’s a Plowboy Frazier special, daddy. Uncle Elmer asked Bundy to stand on his chest, then showed an agent some decade old x-rays and claimed a broken rib for time off.

Edited by The Great ML
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Jimmy Valiant has to be the first time a lot of people saw someone with a head or face tattoo. After looking at several pictures I still can't figure out what it is, either.

I always thought it was a crown of thorns

6 hours ago, zendragon said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oATHAqz4_sU&ab_channel=BretSkellington

This is pretty much a mid 80's Flair promo at an awards show

Hey I was at this show. I have no memory of this, I assume because the minute I heard Black Veil Brides get announced I booked it to the bar for a refill of boozy beverages.

A very surreal night. It was the day Jeff Hanneman of Slayer passed away. Metallica was also the headliner and it became apparent as the night went on that a large part of the crowd were "Metallica fans" but not necessarily "METAL fans". Two moments really hit home that dissonance:

1. The show started with an announcement and moment of silence for Jeff Hanneman. A dude in a Metallica t-shirt unironically asked me "Who's Jeff Hanneman?"

2. Watching everyone in Metallica shirts get alienated and pissed off as Dillinger Escape Plan's set started and continued:

https://youtu.be/NgGZiQOOhAA?si=TtpAVZKpZjQZiO2a

• Like 2