DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2018 WRESTLING PHOTOS

Incredible Hulk Hogan? I guess Wrestling people really do live in a bubble, if they didn't see the copyright headache that would turn into. Clawmaster Raschke is a good name though. More people should name themselves after their big move.

13 hours ago, AxB said:

Incredible Hulk Hogan? I guess Wrestling people really do live in a bubble, if they didn't see the copyright headache that would turn into.

Until he turned into "Hollywood Hogan," WWF and WCW both paid a royalty fee to Marvel comics each year for the use of the [Incredible] Hulk name.  There were Marvel trademarks on all of Hogan's merchandise when I was a kid, too.  It may be how Marvel/Sunbow got the Rock 'n' Wrestling cartoon off the ground.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

44896680_10156314067148692_1689215048448

Does anyone know of any sites that sell these kinds of things? I have a lot of old concert posters like this in my house and something like this would really appeal to me

16 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Until he turned into "Hollywood Hogan," WWF and WCW both paid a royalty fee to Marvel comics each year for the use of the [Incredible] Hulk name.  There were Marvel trademarks on all of Hogan's merchandise when I was a kid, too.  It may be how Marvel/Sunbow got the Rock 'n' Wrestling cartoon off the ground.

I remember seeing all those Marvel trademark notices on all the old video games and toys etc.

Speaking of toys, this randomly popped into my head reading your post: remember the WCW toys that were actually labeled "The baddest of the bad: heels" and I forget what the other tagline was, but they were labeled babyfaces? Real dumb. I actually remember "Vic Venom" writing something in RAW magazine about how stupid this was too. I'm 30 so this would've been mid to late 90s

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm trying to figure out exactly what mood Suzuki was trying to capture with his expression there, and my best guess is "Bell's Palsy."

I think it was "I will murder mattdangerously". He is psychic after all.

No, the kid found a Misawa shirt at a rummage sale. That happens right?

Anyway, I know this is intended for Halloween, but it looks like they're filming a different sort of production altogether.

top-5.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ryan said:

No, the kid found a Misawa shirt at a rummage sale. That happens right?

Anyway, I know this is intended for Halloween, but it looks like they're filming a different sort of production altogether.

top-5.jpg

THEY'RE FILMING A DIFFERENT SORT OF PRODUCTION.