DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 5

Dolfan in NYC

@InsideUSC: Lane Kiffin got pulled off the team bus at Los Angeles International Airport by Pat Haden when he was fired

@InsideUSC: I'm told Lane Kiffin told the bus to wait but then administrators told it to go back to campus without him

@InsideUSC: Pat Haden, J.K. McKay, Steve Lopes, Mark Jackson met with Kiffin at LAX parking lot to dismiss him

Ouch.  Just ouch.

During the Washington game they said the rain was accompanied with 40 MPH wind gusts. The only thing I miss in these rainy games is the mud. That always made them a sight to see.

Extremely happy on the Kiffin firing. I have never liked him. Every college program he touches turns to shit.

Bama/LSU is going to be a sight to see. Maybe we can get a third GOTY contender out of the SEC West. I really think Bama will get Clemsoned along the way by a team they expect to dominate like Arkansas.

I still expect FSU and Maryland to be Clemson's undoing, and I am relishing seeing it happen.

God, what a perfect story for Kiffin's firing, too. A standard "Mr. Kiffin, Mr. Hayden would like to see you in his office" would be too good for that d-bag.

I'm imagining him being carried off the bus by security while desperately trying to hold on to the door like Chris Jericho.

• Like 1

I have no clue if Saban would take the USC (or Texas) job, but both of them would be insane not to float an absurdly large offer to him in hopes that Southern California or biggest athletic department in the nation would, mixed with wanting a new challenge, be enough to get him to move on.

USC has no chance of landing Saban. USC isn't nearly as good a job as the school or its fans think it is. The area it's in is bad, the stadium is bad, and the facilities are cramped and not that great. And, oh yeah, they're short on talent and scholarships. Remember, the only time they have been good in the last 20 years was when they were cheating like crazy.

I think Clemson is in grave danger of losing both Dabo Sweeney and OC Chad Morris maybe not to the USC's and Texas but in the fallout from whoever takes those jobs. This will be a very interesting offseason as it regards the coaching carousel.